• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

6 minutes ago, Ham said:

I'm torn on Bakayoko.  I wonder whether there really is a player in there based upon his performances for Milan.

It is hard to believe, but on the other hand he has started every game I think since late October.  
I do think he was likely carrying an injury and playing for much of last season - at least we had so few fit players I'm pretty sure several of them were.  

Does anyone watch him there, and is he playing deeper as he did in his early better games for us?

(I don't think he should come back, it isn't the most supportive set of fans).

If we could clear the deadwood from the squad, we'd have a decent transfer pot, just through sales - but we can't seem to sell them and my guess is because of the wages. 

If you went through a list of players over 20 that we should sell rather than loan (probably more than this) it looks something like this:

Drinkwater 15m
Van Ginkel 10m
Blackman 2.5m
Baba Rahman 10m
Hector 5m
Kalas 5m
Miazga 7.5m
Zouma 20m
Omeruo 5m
Baker 5m
Kenedy 15m
Bakayoko 25m
Musonda 10m
Batshuayi 25m
Brown 5m
Moses 8m
Piazon 2m
  190m

Some of those may be ambitious, but I would think it would be at least £150, plus the wages off the books. But for some reason we'd rather constantly loan them out, why is that? Genuine question, why is it better for us to loan all these players out? Is it simply that we can't sell them because the wages are too high for the level of club they'd be sold too?

Edited by My Blood Is Blue

1 hour ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

If we could clear the deadwood from the squad, we'd have a decent transfer pot, just through sales - but we can't seem to sell them and my guess is because of the wages. 

If you went through a list of players over 20 that we should sell rather than loan (probably more than this) it looks something like this:

Had anyone bid those levels for any of the players last summer we certainly we have sold. 
As you say wages are the issue.

Except Blackman, HG keeper of Championship standard who is definitely a keep, and loan when definitely.  He is actually at the level now where he would be better than Green or any of the foreign 3rd choice keepers we have had recently.
And since last Summer Bakayoko is the only one whose value had gone up.

2 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Some of those may be ambitious, but I would think it would be at least £150, plus the wages off the books. But for some reason we'd rather constantly loan them out, why is that? Genuine question, why is it better for us to loan all these players out? Is it simply that we can't sell them because the wages are too high for the level of club they'd be sold to?

The wages are too high and clubs know that in the end we have to loan these players so they just wait for a loan instead of paying the 'market value' for a player. So the loan army becomes self-perpetuating, even though we're no longer buying players for the loan stables, every time a first team signing doesn't work out we'll struggle to sell the player.

Bakayoko and Morata are our best case scenarios - hope they make a good impression on loan so the loan club is willing to pay Chelsea's price. Otherwise only a player can force a move, if he's willing to forego Chelsea wages.

kratos   
11 hours ago, Ham said:

I'm torn on Bakayoko.  I wonder whether there really is a player in there based upon his performances for Milan.

He certainly looked the real deal for the first 6 weeks or so with us but then his confidence got shot to pieces. 

I'd be tempted to give him another go in the squad although I'm not sure he'd actually want to come back.

Italy is slower and you have more time with the ball, hence why Jorginho is looking like a fish out of water.

On 22/02/2019 at 11:41 AM, Droy was my hero said:

It does seem it is not just Chelsea who think differently to FIFA.  The FA have been fined and are appealing too.  Sounds like the FA interpret rules differently from FIFA.

I suspect that the appeal may well clear us and certainly reduce the ban to just one window (January 2020 which would be no major harm).

Yes, the findings against the FA have had only the most glancing mention in the press but I think really tell the tale here.

My best guess is that FIFA's rules don't do what FIFA would want them to (perhaps legally can't) and their finding is about what they consider the 'spirit' of their rules and not what they literally and technically do and do not allow.

I'm not worried about the ban at all. It's bad PR at a time that bad PR was especially unwelcome, but that is all about what happens around the club. Within the club, doubt this is more than inconvenient admin.

2 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

Yes, the findings against the FA have had only the most glancing mention in the press but I think really tell the tale here.

My best guess is that FIFA's rules don't do what FIFA would want them to (perhaps legally can't) and their finding is about what they consider the 'spirit' of their rules and not what they literally and technically do and do not allow.

I'm not worried about the ban at all. It's bad PR at a time that bad PR was especially unwelcome, but that is all about what happens around the club. Within the club, doubt this is more than inconvenient admin.

I'm not au fait with the rules here , is the implication we followed FA guidelines but the FA guidelines were wrong , or have we just been in the wrong regardless?

4 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

My best guess is that FIFA's rules don't do what FIFA would want them to (perhaps legally can't)

Like UEFA and FFP.

Just now, Mark Kelly said:

I'm not au fait with the rules here , is the implication we followed FA guidelines but the FA guidelines were wrong , or have we just been in the wrong regardless?

Sort of.  Rather that we thought the registrations were OK and the FA accepted them - which is why the FA have been fined (and are appealing) too.

I've no idea what the actual regulations say

6 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Can't claim to know the ins and outs, but my understanding is that the FA cleared all of our dealings at the time, and that they and the club worked alongside each other when submitting the relevant documents to FIFA for their investigation. At no point did they brief against us, or claim that we'd misled them in anyway, and I think it says something that there has been no briefing against us that would exonerate them in any way since the decision. I'd certainly expect the FA to either explicitly or through the press be distancing themselves from us if it was the case we'd done something, by their standards, wrong. 

Edited by thevelourfog

xCELERYx   

As expected given how Torino have spoken since Aina arrived and started to do well.

Torino will reportedly take up their €10m purchase option on Chelsea wing-back Ola Aina.

The 22-year-old Nigeria international arrived on loan at a cost of €600,000.

He has impressed so far this season, contributing a goal and an assist in 22 Serie A appearances for the Granata.

According to Tuttosport, Torino and Coach Walter Mazzarri have decided to take up the €10m option to buy at the end of the season

Works out to be around £8.6 million, £9.2m total including the loan fee upfront.