• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

11 minutes ago, Rob B said:

Well I would think Eto’o, Falcao, Higuain, Pato, Pizarro and Shevchenko immediately spring to mind!!!

We only paid anything much for Sheva.  Falcao would be a shout if he hadn't scored 30 goals the season after we had him.  Pizarro was 28 and free.  He has scored 95 goals since he was with us.  Pato was a 26 year old loanee.  

To my mind springs Deco, Drogba mk 11, Pedro, Fabregas.

Didn't we get an ageing Maka from RM too?

But actually history shows we buy a hell of a lot of young talent - that is why the club has done so incredibly well in the last 16 years.

paulw66   
32 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

We only paid anything much for Sheva.  Falcao would be a shout if he hadn't scored 30 goals the season after we had him.  Pizarro was 28 and free.  He has scored 95 goals since he was with us.  Pato was a 26 year old loanee.  

To my mind springs Deco, Drogba mk 11, Pedro, Fabregas.

Didn't we get an ageing Maka from RM too?

But actually history shows we buy a hell of a lot of young talent - that is why the club has done so incredibly well in the last 16 years.

Saved me the bother.

5 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

You are going to have to give up making stuff up if you want to hang on to any credibility in future.

Sticks and stones

if its BS use the ignore button

Edited by RobertoftheGiz
Should have gone to specsavers

5 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Like who? What history?

What’s the point. It’s called an opinion.

Maybe you have been over the moon with every player purchased by the club in the Roman era  

With regards to the recruitment of  Galacticos let’s wait and see who come through the door in the summer. 

Gareth Bale:

Last season - 39 games, 21 goals

This season: 34 games, 13 goals.

But yep, he's injury prone and past it....

paulw66   
6 minutes ago, James Prescott said:

Gareth Bale:

Yes, 100%

How many games do they play a season, 65? So last season, just over half. This season, maybe slightly better. 

Compare that to Willian, 55 last season, and 43 currently. Pedro 48 and 37. Hazard 51 and 37

Edited by paulw66

33 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Yes, 100%

How many games do they play a season, 65? So last season, just over half. This season, maybe slightly better. 

Compare that to Willian, 55 last season, and 43 currently. Pedro 48 and 37. Hazard 51 and 37

Have they got 34 goals between them in that time ?Not advocating for Bale mind you , just questioning what impact those three actually have in the goal scoring stakes!

Jasonb   
1 hour ago, James Prescott said:

Gareth Bale:

I'm not saying we should go in for him yet trying to be objective on those stats above, could it be that Ronaldo helped him become a better player (by attracting all the defenders).

paulw66   
1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

Have they got 34 goals between them in that time ?Not advocating for Bale mind you , just questioning what impact those three actually have in the goal scoring stakes!

Comfortably. 

Either way, spending a load of dough (paricularly on wages) for a chap who is likely to play about 60% of matches is folly. 

Edit - Hazard has 32 alone. Pedro 15, Willian 20

Edited by paulw66

45 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Comfortably. 

Either way, spending a load of dough (paricularly on wages) for a chap who is likely to play about 60% of matches is folly. 

Edit - Hazard has 32 alone. Pedro 15, Willian 20

NOt bad really in comparison , I agree though , as good as he can be , I don't want him here .