• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

10 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

"The London side must now take the case to the Court of Arbitration for Sport to request an interim ruling, if they are to sign players this summer."

Sounds to me like a standard procedure, and that CAS will rule in favour of a ban suspension.

1 minute ago, Mark Kelly said:

I'm sure the court for arbitration in sport will overturn the immediate ban , but if they don't I don't particularly care one way or the other , bring back the loan army and flesh out the squad there and downgrade our expectations for a year. 

Overlapping posts - I think an immediate ban might cause all kinds of issues. 
Firstly there is little chance of CAS reducing it from 2 to 1 windows if both windows have already been served.
Then there is a whole stack of players that need moving on - so surely someone has to come in.
And thirdly, there really are only a handful of loanees that can cut it.   And some of those (Zouma, Bats, Baka, Kenedy, Baba, van Ginkel) are going to be really pissed off if they are dragged back to Cobham for one or two half seasons, only to told to jog on afterwards.  I can't see them playing flat out here.

Tammy is probably going to be here next season anyway.  Mount, James and CHO all ought to be out on loan and not here for their development.

I get next year is for rebuilding, but an immediate transfer ban will simply prevent any rebuilding and delay it to 2020..

4 minutes ago, Never happy said:

Whose fault is this?

someone needs to be sacked

Well we know this.  The FA were at fault.  "Can we register this player under FIFA rules".  "Yes you can".

Chelsea Football Club is astonished by the FIFA Appeal Committee’s decision not to suspend its sanction pending completion of the appeal process. 

The club acted in accordance with the relevant regulations and has already notified FIFA of its intention to appeal against the Disciplinary Committee’s decision and sanction. As a matter of procedural fairness and equality of treatment, and Swiss law, the Club’s right to an appeal process must be afforded, before any irremediable sanction takes effect.

So far as the Club is aware, in all previous cases where a registration ban has been imposed by FIFA, a decision has also been made to suspend the sanction until the appeal process has been completed. In this case, Chelsea considers that it is being treated inconsistently in comparison with other European clubs.

We will consider our next steps once we have received the written reasons for this decision from FIFA. The Club notes the Appeal Committee’s statement that it has the right to appeal to CAS. In the meantime the Club will continue to fully cooperate with the proceedings.

paulw66   
41 minutes ago, Never happy said:

Whose fault is this?

someone needs to be sacked

Well, clearly it is the FA

If you want to blame the club, well Emenalo has already gone. As has Ron Gourlay 

paulw66   

It really is astonishing. 

There are 2 major European teams spending the financial equivalnet of the national debt of a mid size European country on players, yet we, having broke even for a few years, are the ones on the chopping block. 

Edit - I appreciate the offenses are different, but this seems like the footballing equivalent of a shop lifting being jailed, whilst a drug dealer walks the streets 

Edited by paulw66

2 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

It really is astonishing. 

There are 2 major European teams spending the financial equivalnet of the national debt of a mid size European country on players, yet we, having broke even for a few years, are the ones on the chopping block. 

Different issues, different Football bodies (UEFA and FIFA).  More importantly I think FIFA have a set of laws that are justifiable, where as FFP will get chucked out as monopolistic behaviour just as soon as it sees a national law court.

But yes, as the club (Martin's quote above) say, FIFA's suspension is ridiculous.

Sciatika   

I think they are making a claim in Swiss Law because CAS, which is just a court of arbitration, operates under its jurisdiction. To me, it looks like a case of an irremediable sentence being passed on a defendant whose case is still the subject of an appeal. It would be like being hung for murder while your case is before the appeals process. I can't imagine a court from any country being happy with that because they are not allowing the appeals process to complete before passing sentence. That's a bit like treating the jurisdictional rights with contempt. If I were a Swiss judge, I would be looking for a reason to throw out the case.

Can’t help but laugh at the whole situation really, quite incredible. 

Fifa will find themselves in some trouble if they do enforce a ban, I mean how on earth can they justify it with so many comparable cases going the other way?! 

My own feeling that this is a politically motivated decision. 

FIFA showing they have moved on and seeing to be hard on their 'old friends' in Russia. Remember them snuggling up to Putin before the World Cup in Russia under Sepp, just before he got nabbed.

Go's to arbitration and the decision changes, FIFA can lean back on "it wasn't our decision". 

45 minutes ago, East Lower said:

My own feeling that this is a politically motivated decision. 

Yep; in fairness the ease at which Real, Barca and Atletico circumnavigated their bans will be hugely embarrassing to FIFA, and were an affront given the offences committed. I can see why FIFA are trying to put their foot down. 

It's indefensible though; they'll look even weaker PR-wise in the end.