• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

6 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

It's indefensible though; they'll look even weaker PR-wise in the end. 

If FIFA or UEFA cared that would be a problem but they dont. We wouldnt have had a Russian WC or be having one in Qatar if they cared what people think. (I accept the 2 are different but they are very close)

The more interesting twist here is the involvement of the FA and possibility of other English clubs being involved. We may all be victims of the FAs incompetence and if so that may be a way out.

Edited by exiledblue

Surely the club would have good grounds for civil action and a ludicrously big financial compensation from FIFA if they don’t change their stance? This is absolutely disgusting from a judicial point of view. Like someone said, like executing someone during their appeal process. 

I’m not the least bit surprised. I was sort of expecting this to happen. We are always, without exception, treated like dirt by those corrupt clowns. It doesn’t matter if it is UEFA, FIFA or the FA. You don’t have to be too much of a flat earthener to tie it to our owner.

16 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

You don’t have to be too much of a flat earthener to tie it to our owner.

I agree wholeheartedly with the sentiment but Roman could sell the club to Prince Harry and they'd still be running us down every chance they get.

23 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I agree wholeheartedly with the sentiment but Roman could sell the club to Prince Harry and they'd still be running us down every chance they get.

You think so Mark? Why is that do you think?

Ham   
56 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Didn't his father upset the establishment? 

46 minutes ago, PeteRobbo said:

You think so Mark? Why is that do you think?

Well , ever since I was a child we have received nothing but bad press , I distinctly remember asking my Dad why the newspaper (we were a Daily Mirror household at the time) why the newspaper always had nice stories about Liverpool and nasty ones about Chelsea , I was about nine or ten at the time so this would be the mid seventies I guess.

Anyway , the truth of it is , it's not just Roman they hate it's everything about our club especially the support.

26 minutes ago, Ham said:

Didn't his father upset the establishment? 

Depends if you're talking blood or otherwise.

Also not quite as much as his near step-father might have done.

;-)

36 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Well , ever since I was a child we have received nothing but bad press , I distinctly remember asking my Dad why the newspaper (we were a Daily Mirror household at the time) why the newspaper always had nice stories about Liverpool and nasty ones about Chelsea , I was about nine or ten at the time so this would be the mid seventies I guess.

Anyway , the truth of it is , it's not just Roman they hate it's everything about our club especially the support.

Interesting. Considering that the support of all clubs include a significant number of scum that's hard to understand.

Ham   
2 hours ago, East Lower said:

Depends if you're talking blood or otherwise.

Also not quite as much as his near step-father might have done.

;-)

You're on my wavelength 😊

Holymoly   

I'm on the fence here. On the one hand I think there should be some mechanism to stop clubs avoiding immediate measures by lodging an appeal which is likely to fail anyway as we were undoubtedly guilty. On the other hand however the precedent adopted my FIFA up to now has to allow such deferments so this flies in the face of equality.

From a glass half full perspective however hopefully we will use this as an opportunity to develop the undoubted talent we have in youth and loan players. I'd also like to think that the players in question will see this as a chance to force their way in rather than move into the close season knowing someone else will be parachuted in over their heads.