• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Vinod   
5 hours ago, The_Ghost said:

Surely the club would have good grounds for civil action and a ludicrously big financial compensation from FIFA if they don’t change their stance? This is absolutely disgusting from a judicial point of view. Like someone said, like executing someone during their appeal process. 

I’m not the least bit surprised. I was sort of expecting this to happen. We are always, without exception, treated like dirt by those corrupt clowns. It doesn’t matter if it is UEFA, FIFA or the FA. You don’t have to be too much of a flat earthener to tie it to our owner.

Would it be in our best interests to sue them? It's not like we can wish FIFA away. 

2 hours ago, Holymoly said:

From a glass half full perspective however hopefully we will use this as an opportunity to develop the undoubted talent we have in youth and loan players. I'd also like to think that the players in question will see this as a chance to force their way in rather than move into the close season knowing someone else will be parachuted in over their heads.

Rather I think they'll be pressure on the club to pick players like Cahill, Drinkwater or Zappacosta who might have moved on without the ban, but we may have to rely on instead.  Zappacosta's appearance yesterday was a clue in itself - he'd been almost invisible for 2 months.  Keeping them involved will mean less youth players.  

I think an early ban will be massively negative for any attempt at rebuilding in next 18 months.  

chara   
8 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Well , ever since I was a child we have received nothing but bad press , I distinctly remember asking my Dad why the newspaper (we were a Daily Mirror household at the time) why the newspaper always had nice stories about Liverpool and nasty ones about Chelsea , I was about nine or ten at the time so this would be the mid seventies I guess.

Anyway , the truth of it is , it's not just Roman they hate it's everything about our club especially the support.

Ok Mark,,,go back a little further to the fifties and early sixties before The Doc changed the Chelsea image forever.

At that time Chelsea were known as a "Musical Hall Club" and were regarded somewhat condescendingly by the English Football World and Media...beat the top teams and lose to no hopers etc..a nice little cliché spot for the media at a time when there was basically no real coverage on tv except the Cup Final around an old B/W tv with all the neighbors as not everyone had tv.

The only way to "know" anything was to read the back pages of the newspapers and then only on a regional basis..a good number for the "journalists" as unless you were at a game there was no way of judging anything..The Doc changed all that and Chelsea went from an easy "target" to..by the seventies..a "player" in the game...as it is today the media resented the shift and were still milking the Munich tragedy with United as the darlings and Spurs and the double Arsenal of course the flagship of "all that was decent in the game' and here is that "joke" club trampling on the established norms.

The down times later were somewhat a gift to the media but from Uncle Ken to Roman and on to today there is still a lot of sour grapes even among media "pundits" who don't really know why but they were brainwashed by the previous generations of "reporters" as they were called.

I take it as a badge of honour to get the bad press because it shows WE matter...... 

• Like 1

I don't see how FIFA can't suspend the ban until the hearings have taken place, how can that possibly be fair? Let's say we're banned from signing players in this summers window and then we're found to be innocent, what happens then? Do they open a special window just for us? Give us some money for loss of earnings due to us having a weaker squad because we couldn't sign players? Surely CAS will suspend any punishment until the hearing? I actually wouldn't be too shocked if they threw the whole thing out based on this decision by FIFA.

22 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

I don't see how FIFA can't suspend the ban until the hearings have taken place, how can that possibly be fair? Let's say we're banned from signing players in this summers window and then we're found to be innocent, what happens then? Do they open a special window just for us? Give us some money for loss of earnings due to us having a weaker squad because we couldn't sign players? Surely CAS will suspend any punishment until the hearing? I actually wouldn't be too shocked if they threw the whole thing out based on this decision by FIFA.

The higher echelons of world football has always been a mess. It’s absolutely laughable. The Spanish clubs were given a pass, first English club and the rules are suddenly changed. 

I’m normally against a European super league but the one real good outcome of that would be the complete and utter demolition of UEFA and FIFA. 

Its almost hilarious to have the book thrown at you by the most corrupt sports organisation in the world. Like a murdurer passing sentences on a shop lifter. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Vinod said:

Would it be in our best interests to sue them? It's not like we can wish FIFA away. 

No but we can stand up to their corruption and hipocracy. 

I really think we should. 

Vinod   
2 hours ago, The_Ghost said:

No but we can stand up to their corruption and hipocracy. 

I really think we should. 

Brutus tried to do the right thing as well. 

6 hours ago, chara said:

Ok Mark,,,go back a little further to the fifties and early sixties before The Doc changed the Chelsea image forever.

Parallel to all that there is the way journalists get jobs in football reporting.  They generally start with the Liverpool Echo or the Manchester Evening news, and generate great working relationships with Liverpool and Man U clubs, and a good knowledge of the NE clubs.  These are then the young guys pulled into radio around the country and later on into the bigger London based football jobs in the press or onto TV.  The bias is inevitable.

Monchi has left Roma if we are looking for a DOF. I noticed we were heavily linked with interest in signing most of the players they signed during his tenure.

Arsenal are the onesljnked in the press, think he worked with Emery at Sevilla before going to Roma.

Then again might not need one if we can't sign any players!

jones   

Still seems unclear whether we can prolong Higuain or Kovacic’ loan deals under the potential transfer ban? 

I think the rules limit us to registrering new players, and if we want to we are actually allowed to buy players (and either loan them out or not play them). The question is, by definition is Higuain and Kovacic already registered or will their registration expire once their loan deals expire? Higuain is an even more special case since we have the option to extend his deal or buy him, and I have seen reported that there even is a compulsory loan extension dependant on matches/goals targets being met. How does this come in to play? Is there a difference between taking up the option to extend Giroud’s contract and taking up the option to extend Higuain’s loan?

Anyone with more insight than me that can shed som light on this crazy situation?

As long as we can keep Higuain and we decide to continue with Sarri, I am not that concerned. Mire chances given to CHO, RLC, Mount, James and Tammy makes me quite enthusiastic.