• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

5 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Yeah, that's my understanding too.

If the transfer ban does indeed kick in this summer, it leaves us with this as our likely squad for next season (I'm obviously making some assumptions on players sold/released/new contracts offered):

GK1: Kepa
GK2: Caballero
GK3: Green

RB1: Azpilicueta
RB2: James

CB1: Rudiger
CB2: Christensen
CB3: Luiz
CB4: Ampadu

LB: Emerson
LB: Alonso

CMR1: Kante
CMR2: Mount

CMC1: Jorginho
CMC2: Drinkwater/Bakayoko/Drinkwater

CML1: RLC
CML2: Barkley

RW1: Pulisic
RW2: Pedro
RW3: Willian

LW1: Hazard
LW2: CHO

STK1: Higuain
STK2: Tammy
STK3: Giroud/Batshuayi

GK and Defenders don't worry me too much - a lot will depend on Luiz managing to stay at a high enough level for another season or Christensen stepping up and taking a place for himself in the team. CM is a massive concern, the starting 3 is fine, but beyond that, it's massively questionable. Wingers are ok, but Pedro and Willian on the wrong side of 30 and form has been more than questionable at times this season. Strikers look pretty weak too. It's not a squad that could fight for PL and CL IMO.

If the ban comes in we have to do everything we can to get Hazard and CHO to sign new contracts, but we'll be in a very weak position.

Ban comes in and it doesn't look good.

Drinkwater... so good you named him twice? 😉 😉 😉

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bob Singleton said:

I thought it was Kante that covers 2 positions at once. Drinkwater so good he fills the same position twice... on the sofa at home.

Edited by Lump Of Celery

2 hours ago, Bob Singleton said:

Ah, nice one Bob.

Leo91   

I went back to read what Sarri said in July last summer about the transfers window. I worry who's identifying our targets, without a director of football and a manager who said he's more interested in improving what we have ''I must adapt to Chelsea and the players, and we will see at the end whether we must change something in my game because of the characteristics of the squad.". "At the end of the transfers it will be up to me to understand what kind of football is suitable to the final squad.''

Well it took Sarri until a 6-0 drubbing (after many poor defeats before it) to see that the final squad wasn't suitable against the very best sides. And even then we're struggling against everyone else. We need Maurizio to speak up this summer on qualities he wants because I don't have any faith in the board bobbing for apples. 

• Like 1

xCELERYx   
9 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

I'm sure I read Kovacic was on a season loan - so he's going but Higuain was on an eighteen months loan -so he will be staying .

From what I understand Higuain's deal was for an initial 6th month loan (taking over the 6 months AC Milan had still remaining on their initial deal with Juventus, and paying the remaining fee that was initially agreed in the Milan deal). Chelsea then have the option to trigger another 12 months if desired for a set price.

Edit: Sussed the Juventus website and this is the terms of the deal.

Turin, 23 January 2019 - Juventus Football Club S.p.A. announces that the agreement with AC Milan S.p.A. for the temporary transfer of the player Gerardo Gonzalo Higuain has been terminated and, at the same, the agreement with Chelsea Football Club Ltd for the loan, until 30 June 2019, of the player has been finalized. These operations do not generate any significant economic effects in the current financial year. 

The agreement also grants to Chelsea FC the options to extend the duration of the loan until 30 June 2020, for a consideration of € 18 million to be paid in 2019/2020 financial year, or to acquire the registration rights of the player on a permanent basis for € 36 million to be paid in two financial years.

Edited by xCELERYx

paulw66   
18 hours ago, xCELERYx said:

From what I understand Higuain's deal was for an initial 6th month loan (taking over the 6 months AC Milan had still remaining on their initial deal with Juventus, and paying the remaining fee that was initially agreed in the Milan deal). Chelsea then have the option to trigger another 12 months if desired for a set price.

Edit: Sussed the Juventus website and this is the terms of the deal.

I wonder if the bolded bit counts as a re-registration in the summer if the option is taken up?

36 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

I wonder if the bolded bit counts as a re-registration in the summer if the option is taken up?

Who knows. 

But I'm sure FIFA will find a way to treat us differently if necessary. God I hate that organisation with a passion. 

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

I think that the period a loan player is registered to a club is, simply, the period of the loan. If it's 6 months with option to extend, then the registration is for 6 months. Extending the loan requires re-registering. I may be wrong, but that seems to be the obvious way of doing things.

Edited by Bob Singleton