• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

10 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

Zidane back at Real... Perhaps not the best news for us given Hazard's contract and the ban? 

He's certainly got a job on with that poisonous mob. However we have seen at first hand what players are capable of.

It wouldn't surprise me to see Ronaldo back there next season. 

I think the boss man wants Neymar as a priority, Hazard is first/second reserve.

jones   

Transfer ban and Hazard gone likeliest scenario at the moment?

2019/20 is then a building year. Can not see any other outcome than giving it to Lampard (+Morris). Bring back the best the loan army has to offer. Play the most talented regardless of age. Stop this nonsense possession football that neither is entertaining, effective or adapted to our squad. More power and mobility in midfield to press more aggressively. More direct attacking play with wingers with 1v1 initiative. And as long as we have CFs that at least are good finishers we might survive the biggest issue of this squad (goals). Something that o

I think a squad like this can challenge (although likely miss out on) top 4, but with a CF, CB, LB, creative CM/AM next summer be a proper title contender.

Kepa, Caballero, Bulka

Azpi, James 
Rudiger, Zouma
Christensen, Luiz
Emerson, Alonso

Bakayoko, Barkley, Drinkwater
Kanté, Ampadu
RLC, Mount

Pulisic, Willian
Abraham, Giroud, Batshuayi
CHO, Pedro

Would love to see us line up with: Kepa - James, Rudiger, Christensen, Emerson - Mount, Kanté, RLC - Pulisic, Abraham, CHO

Edited by jones

2 hours ago, jones said:

Transfer ban and Hazard gone likeliest scenario at the moment?

2019/20 is then a building year.

No - surely with no transfer ban, the ones we want to move on stay, the ones we want to buy and rebuild with don't arrive.  

We add Pulsilic and maybe Abrahams.  We keep a lot of players that don't want to be here.  Perhaps stop the likes of Zouma from the fun time they are having starting for Everton and make them sit on our bench (or not even that).  Extend a few contracts from 2020 to 2021 because you can't ask Internationals to give of their best when they expect you to dump them at the end of the season.

That is stasis, not carthasis.

2 hours ago, jones said:

Can not see any other outcome than giving it to Lampard (+Morris).

I can't imagine that happening at all.  They are only in a play off place now because Bristol city a point behind have a game in hand.  You can get 7/2 with Betfair now that they will finish 6th or above (playoff +)

They may be 6th now (and 6th last year) but there is a chasing group of 8 clubs 6 or less points behind them, and you can bet they all fancy the chance of a playoff and a freak entry to the Prem.

Love them both, but they'll struggle to keep the Derby job.

Sciatika   

It seems to me that a transfer ban means that players like Hazard are less likely to go, not more likely. The response of the club will surely be to minimise all transfer activity in the relevant window(s) as they try to hold on to players to maintain squad strength. The questions for me are how this affects players who are already registered even if on loan and what happens to players we have loaned to other clubs.

Matt Law and Kristoff Terruer, a Beligan journalist who is a personal friend of Hazard, are reporting Hazard is off to Madrid for £100m - Zidane wants him and he wants to go.

Goodnight, sweet prince.

14 hours ago, East Lower said:

He's certainly got a job on with that poisonous mob. However we have seen at first hand what players are capable of.

It wouldn't surprise me to see Ronaldo back there next season. 

I think the boss man wants Neymar as a priority, Hazard is first/second reserve.

Hazard is almost a certainty. I am however thinking about Kante. We know how much Zidane loved playing with Makelele. Wouldn’t surprise me to see him make a run for Kante. It would solve the problem of that slow midfield immediately.

Kante+Modric seems like the type of midfield you want in these Guardiola/Klopp times of high intensity football. He could start a new revolution, and judging by media reports that’s exactly what he wants to do. I guess Perez finally gave a go and opened Fort Knox. 

Edited by Ibn Battuta

xCELERYx   
2 hours ago, Sciatika said:

It seems to me that a transfer ban means that players like Hazard are less likely to go, not more likely. The response of the club will surely be to minimise all transfer activity in the relevant window(s) as they try to hold on to players to maintain squad strength. The questions for me are how this affects players who are already registered even if on loan and what happens to players we have loaned to other clubs.

Why would Hazard be less likely to go? If anything, he's more likely to leave now more than ever. With Zidane returning to Real Madrid, Hazard entering the final year of his contract and our club facing a transfer ban. Where's the incentive for him to stay? We're not even an attractive option from a competitive stand point either like we once were. 

We either sell him this summer and get whatever transfer fee we can from him, or we keep a hold of him out of pure stubbiness and watch him sign a contact with Real Madrid for free. Can you imagine the flak the club would cope if we let our most prized asset literally walk out the door for nothing? 

54 minutes ago, Ibn Battuta said:

Hazard is almost a certainty. I am however thinking about Kante. We know how much Zidane loved playing with Makelele. Wouldn’t surprise me to see him make a run for Kante. It would solve the problem of that slow midfield immediately.

Kante+Modric seems like the type of midfield you want in these Guardiola/Klopp times of high intensity football. He could start a new revolution, and judging by media reports that’s exactly what he wants to do. I guess Perez finally gave a go and opened Fort Knox. 

There's already rumblings about Kante with the Twitterati 

56 minutes ago, Ibn Battuta said:

I for one don't think they have the means at the moment for more than two 'galatico' type signings. Their bankrolling by the Government has ended (albeit and maybe temporarily).

They may get Hazard, we'd be madder than I think we are to let them get Kanye too. 

At the moment Zidane going back there is a hot topic, with the journos etc going rabid and rehashing stories. Get used to it as it won't die down to after the Summer window closes. 

Edited by East Lower