• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

2 hours ago, James Prescott said:

Matt Law and Kristoff Terruer, a Beligan journalist who is a personal friend of Hazard, are reporting Hazard is off to Madrid for £100m - Zidane wants him and he wants to go.

Goodnight, sweet prince.

I can't say I follow journalists closely, but I have the reputation that Kristof Terreur has an appalling record for accuracy on these things.

And while plenty of journalists claim players as friends, I have never known a player do so.

3 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

There's already rumblings about Kante with the Twitterati 

No ban and Kante to stay would be completely illogical from anyone's point of view.

The lack of rumours only make it more likely - so lets all start posting all over the internet about it.  I've got Accountancy Age covered.

I think Hazard will leave and to be honest, I’m not so sure it’s the disaster some make it out to be. 

Considering how much he impacts our shape and style he doesn’t create and score enough for us to keep accepting it. I think Hazard leaving would finally give us a platform to play a more direct style and above pass the ball much quicker.

Pulisic, Pedro, Hudson-Odoi and Willian isn’t a bad quartet. It’s the striker department that worries me. Not to mention central midfield. 

Vinod   
1 hour ago, The_Ghost said:

Pulisic, Pedro, Hudson-Odoi and Willian isn’t a bad quartet. 

It's a terrible quartet. For what it's worth I am not sure if Zidane will chase Hazard. Mbappe is a better target for them. Having said that, if they do make an offer for 100 million, we must accept it. 

Pulisic, Pedro, Hudson-Odoi and Willian isn’t a bad quartet. It’s the striker department that worries me. Not to mention central midfield. 

4 great or potentially great player, 4 great names.  None of them great in 2019/20 or 20/21.  Not even as 2nd, 3rd or 4th place to Hazard.

I have long been a great cheerleader of Pedro and Willian.  We have had some wonderful years out of them.  But if we are rebuilding, we are rebuilding for 2021+, and they will be 33 and 34 then.  I agree Striker is equally a problem. But Conte did at least buy 3 strikers, if none as good as Costa.  I can forgive try and fail, but Pulsilic is the first AM we have bought since Pedro.

I think Hazard will leave and to be honest, I’m not so sure it’s the disaster some make it out to be. 

If we replace him with 3 decent AMs in their 20s, I'm fine with that.  IF.

Leo91   

I'm not going to kick Pedro or Willian out of the door. They are great options to have in the squad. Pedro as a 3rd striker and 2nd winger. Willian in the big games against the top sides playing on the counter where he has space to run into still has a place imo.

But I don't feel confident they're the players (together with Odoi) to push us onto the next level. Pulisic from the little I have seen has great potential. I struggle to think of already finished products that can slot into our side and hit the ground running. It's more about looking for the right qualities and nurturing it with the manager. Finding CM's, AM's and wide men who already play two touch passing football and have shown to play a high press game. The scouts need a brief from Sarri and they need to go out and find those players.

Slightly confused where we stand with the ban now. Do we go to CAS now to ensure we can do business in the summer.

Edited by Leo91

Sea foot   

Is Pulisic registered with us? I know we bought him but have we registered him?

3 minutes ago, Sea foot said:

Is Pulisic registered with us? I know we bought him but have we registered him?

It makes you wonder doesn't it ?

Maybe the board thought this would happen so got in early ?

But , if that is the case then is Pulisic the only player we're getting ?

Maybe we bought him and registered him and immediately loaned him back ?

7 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Drinkwater, Bakayoko and Morata will be like new signings 

I think that is almost certainly the case.

paulw66   

It makes you wonder doesn't it ?

Maybe the board thought this would happen so got in early ?

The bolded statement is true. Probably why we did the deal like this as opposed to agreeing a purchase in advance.