• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

2 hours ago, jones said:

Solskjær struggled to keep the Molde job.

And Drogba only turned professional at 21.

There must be thousands of 20 year old amateur CFs that we could give contracts to in the hope that they might be as good as Drogba.  And dozens of Championship and League 1 level managers with not particularly impressive records we could hire.

52 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

And dozens of Championship and League 1 level managers with not particularly impressive records we could hire.

How about SFL ?

11 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

How about SFL ?

Why not.  (it was Jones's original point).  And why not David Nugent for CF.

And off the top of my head any of the 8 other managers competing for that last play off place.  Strangely I can only put a name to one of them.

image.png.671917eb5312e2ac69a9b5556ae59298.png

Edited by Droy was my hero

16 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

I have no problem with picking him.  I just don't think you plan your team around a 32 yo AM.  Keep him and play him as often as he is able to be better than the alternatives, sure.  But he isn't part of the rebuilding.

And yes you are right, Willian and Pedro fit the rapid passing that Sarri wants better than Hazard.  But I have written off this season and the next two, all I want is CL next year and a proper team by 2021.   

So pretty much agreeing here then. Of course you don't build th eteam around Pedro now. But he'l be a key player for us if we prolong his contract. 

With the energy that man has, coupled with him being used rather sparringly over the Barca years, I think he's got plenty of milage left in his tank.

Sciatika   

Is there a definitive statement about the consequences of this ban in terms of:

Can we or do we need to re-register players returning from loans?

What happens in we renew the contracts of existing registered players?

What happens with players we have on loan and currently registered (Kovačić and Higuain)?

Sorry if someone has already covered this?

Edited by Sciatika

paulw66   
34 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

Is there a definitive statement about the consequences of this ban in terms of:

Can we or do we need to re-register players returning from loans?

What happens in we renew the contracts of existing registered players?

What happens with players we have on loan and currently registered (Kovačić and Higuain)?

Sorry if someone has already covered this?

Pretty certain that players out on loan are already registered with the club. The ban is for new registrations. 

Kovacic, I presume would not be able to be re-signed, as his loan ends at the end of the season, and any new agreement would be a new regstration. Higuain, I am not sure as his loan has an option to extend. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, jones said:

Harsh. Jorginho is a one trick pony, a one touch passer and probably one of the best in the world at exactly that. For Sarri to play like he (only) wants to, he needs exactly that in that position. Sarri needs Jorginho, Jorginho needs Sarri. Without each other they won’t work. The problem is that even now, after 8 months together, the project does not seem to be working. It is not because Sarri’s tactics are «wrong» or because Jorginho is a bad player. It is because other teams too easily break down our tactics. Which most likely is a mix of Sarri not being adaptable enough and him not being efficient enough managing and motivating his players to do what he wants.

Unless a fantastic end to the season, Sarri will be sacked and any new manager will consider Jorginho surplus.

I

If there is anything to salvage from Jorginho CFC career its to figure out why Man city were willing to pay so much, Heres a hint it was not to replace Fernandinho

23 minutes ago, southcoastal said:

If there is anything to salvage from Jorginho CFC career its to figure out why Man city were willing to pay so much, Heres a hint it was not to replace Fernandinho

Still think Jorginho was a success in the first half of the season and not that bad since.  After all we have seen Kovacic playing that role - he loses the ball every 10 minutes (to mostly average teams), while Jorginho loses it one a game to good ones.

Fernandinho will be 34 before the end of the season.  He is incredible - easily the best player City have in a Galactico squad.  But he is going to get rested more and more in future.

I can see though why Jorginho would chose not to go to City (yet).

Vinod   

I wonder how Tomas Kalas is doing these days. He was brilliant when he played for us against Liverpool. He had Suarez in his pocket. Shame he wasnt used more. Still a Chelsea player. Not sure if he has developed enough to be included in the squad .

Ham   
1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

Still think Jorginho was a success in the first half of the season and not that bad since.  After all we have seen Kovacic playing that role - he loses the ball every 10 minutes (to mostly average teams), while Jorginho loses it one a game to good ones.

Whilst I have warmed to Jorginho in the past month, none of what you have said above is true.

Apart from the first month and the last month, Jorginho was dispossessed by poor passing and being outmuscled far more than once a game and certainly more than Kovacic.

My feeling on Kovacic is that he is a tidy player but not at all creative where it matters.