• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

10 minutes ago, Ham said:

Apart from the first month and the last month, Jorginho was dispossessed by poor passing and being outmuscled far more than once a game and certainly more than Kovacic.

We'll have to disagree on what we have seen again then.  But to make it clear I was talking about Kovacic when playing in the Jorgy playmaker role, not elsewhere.  And I was particularly thinking of the times he has simply passed backwards to an opponent in our half.  My point being that the Jorgy role is very difficult.

jones   
8 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

And Drogba only turned professional at 21.

There must be thousands of 20 year old amateur CFs that we could give contracts to in the hope that they might be as good as Drogba.  And dozens of Championship and League 1 level managers with not particularly impressive records we could hire.

Haha, this is more off point I think you have ever been. Suddenly talking about Drogba and center forwards, after I responded "Solskjær struggled to keep the Molde job" to a post where you claimed Lampard was not good enough for us because you do not think his results with Derby are good enough. Even by your standards that is an Olympic gold medal.

27 minutes ago, jones said:

Haha, this is more off point I think you have ever been. Suddenly talking about Drogba and center forwards, after I responded "Solskjær struggled to keep the Molde job" to a post where you claimed Lampard was not good enough for us because you do not think his results with Derby are good enough. Even by your standards that is an Olympic gold medal.

You miss the point.  All I am saying is that if you want to appoint a manager with a mediocre reputation there are dozens out there to choose from, and really no need to pick Lampard.

It is the same as the old "but Drogba was no good till he was 24, so we should try this guy" claim.  Just which of the thousands of 23 yo CFs with no achievement do you want to buy?

Rob B   
8 hours ago, Vinod said:

I wonder how Tomas Kalas is doing these days. He was brilliant when he played for us against Liverpool. He had Suarez in his pocket. Shame he wasnt used more. Still a Chelsea player. Not sure if he has developed enough to be included in the squad .

He’s at my local team, Bristol City

I don’t really follow them too closely but my friends rave about him. And DaSilva for that matter

Celtic were rumoured to be interested in a £5m bid for Kalas which given we have Tomori and Zouma still on the books, I wouldn’t be surprised if we accepted

10 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Pretty certain that players out on loan are already registered with the club. The ban is for new registrations. 

Kovacic, I presume would not be able to be re-signed, as his loan ends at the end of the season, and any new agreement would be a new regstration. Higuain, I am not sure as his loan has an option to extend. 

Not 100% sure, but I suspect, given it's 6 months with an option to extend, that when the (initial 6 months) loan is over any extension will be a 'new' registration.

53 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

Not 100% sure, but I suspect, given it's 6 months with an option to extend, that when the (initial 6 months) loan is over any extension will be a 'new' registration.

On the one hand it looks that way I agree.  On the other hand, we know that it was a complicated deal, and by then Chelsea would have had a good idea a ban was potentially happening.  So they might well have had an 18 month deal with the option to shorten it rather than 6 and an option to extend.  They certainly would have been wise to do that.

(on the other hand they might have been more worried about a summer 2020 ban than a summer 2019 one.)

Edited by Droy was my hero

kev61   
9 hours ago, Ham said:

Whilst I have warmed to Jorginho in the past month, none of what you have said above is true.

Apart from the first month and the last month, Jorginho was dispossessed by poor passing and being outmuscled far more than once a game and certainly more than Kovacic.

My feeling on Kovacic is that he is a tidy player but not at all creative where it matters. 

I agree,I always said Kovacic was tidy but playing maybe in the wrong position or playing in a midfield that consisted of Barkley and Jorginho!.

The midfield is the core of any team like the stomach is the core of the human body,get both wrong and you will have a weak team and a weak body.I know I harp on about Jorginho like I did with Mourhino,but I feel strongly how bad he is in a midfield position and to make it worse Sarri has the gall(or stupidity) to try and build a team around him!.

Vinod   
1 hour ago, Rob B said:

He’s at my local team, Bristol City

I don’t really follow them too closely but my friends rave about him. And DaSilva for that matter

Celtic were rumoured to be interested in a £5m bid for Kalas which given we have Tomori and Zouma still on the books, I wouldn’t be surprised if we accepted

Thanks .

I find it strange that we never gave him a run in the team. 

kev61   
22 hours ago, kev61 said:

We could get rid of Barkley and Jorginho and not miss a beat - in fact it would be a boost.The Jorginho question fascinates me - he is absolutely useless in any role - he sticks out like a sore thumb as a pedestrian waste of space and for that reason I have to question what in God's name Sarri is thinking.

Luiz would be a better player than Jorghino in the 'fulcrum' position - he is a better passer and more aggressive than a wet lettuce that is Jorginho.

In fairness Sarri is making changes but you have to wonder is he sticking pins in selections that some people will do in the hope they will get a winner in the Cheltenham festival

And as for Cheltenham fill your pockets with bookies money - a bit late to post but pete robbo can fill you in.

5 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

All I am saying is that if you want to appoint a manager with a mediocre reputation there are dozens out there to choose from

The club did that last summer