• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

5 hours ago, Vinod said:

Thanks .

I find it strange that we never gave him a run in the team. 

I don’t. Never was and never will be good enough for a top six club in the prem. 

People use the game at Anfield as a barometer of his ability. It was special circumstances and he was massively helped by a bus firmly parked.

There’s a reason there haven’t been a long line of PL clubs trying to buy him from us. 

4 hours ago, The_Ghost said:

I don’t. Never was and never will be good enough for a top six club in the prem. 

People use the game at Anfield as a barometer of his ability. It was special circumstances and he was massively helped by a bus firmly parked.

There’s a reason there haven’t been a long line of PL clubs trying to buy him from us. 

A Fulham regular starter for two years in the Championship, but they failed to bid for him when they got promoted.  Now 25.  I guess that defines his level.

12 hours ago, Rob B said:

He’s at my local team, Bristol City

I don’t really follow them too closely but my friends rave about him. And DaSilva for that matter

Who is the manager and what do they say about him.  He seems to be doing as well as Lampard/Morris with a weaker team.

jones   
4 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Who is the manager and what do they say about him.  He seems to be doing as well as Lampard/Morris with a weaker team.

By this logic we should hire Sean Dyche.

On ‎13‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 10:02 AM, jones said:

Harsh. Jorginho is a one trick pony, a one touch passer and probably one of the best in the world at exactly that. For Sarri to play like he (only) wants to, he needs exactly that in that position. Sarri needs Jorginho, Jorginho needs Sarri. Without each other they won’t work. The problem is that even now, after 8 months together, the project does not seem to be working. It is not because Sarri’s tactics are «wrong» or because Jorginho is a bad player. It is because other teams too easily break down our tactics. Which most likely is a mix of Sarri not being adaptable enough and him not being efficient enough managing and motivating his players to do what he wants.

Unless a fantastic end to the season, Sarri will be sacked and any new manager will consider Jorginho surplus.

I hope we ditch this possession based football dream, and try to go back to what made us successful and feared. We need people at the club (managers and players first and foremost) representing and believing in the values and philosophy of Chelsea 2004-2012. Lampard the best option out there to come here and build something long-term. Academy needs to be used and patience needed at the top.

I dunno. I think a lot of Jorgi talk is waaay wide of the mark.

Two things: Sarri used the same player in the same system for three years in Serie A. I do not accept that Italian managers are more stupid than those here in the EPL and were less able to figure out these tactics(as we are forever hearing how Sarri has been "found out" by coaches here)yet Sarri and Napoli were very good using said player and system. The issue is more about surrounding players unsuited to or unable to adapt to Sarrri and his system. Without players in the right places at the right times Jorgi is simply not a useful player. However, should he have players that do the right things around him he becomes the single best choice there is for Sarri and dictates better than anyone post Pirlo.

Secondly, Jorgi has had some good games for Italy where Sarri isn't in charge, I believe, and showed a propensity for a couple of roles that aren't exactly the Regista he plays for Chelsea-so maybe there's a hope under a new gaffer should Sarri leave though Jorginho's biggest issue would become a fanbase unwilling to trust the guy.

Personally, I get why people can be frustrated with him at times but feel the issues aren't CAUSED by him and are more a symptom of the crap around him failing miserably to press, move or provide passing options after years of purely playing counter attack football. Sure, he isn't innocent and has had some shocking displays on a personal level but the big issue has been a lack of decent fullbacks and RLC being too frail to fill the number eight role we need him to. he gets fit and Emerson starts to fulfil his ore injury promise and it would get much easier for Jorginho imho. I also feel that Reece James could well become our best bet at RB if given his earned chance next season. He is easily the best RB in the Championship all round and suits Sarri well.

kev61   

A fine post but what Jorginho does in the here and now counts for us - what he has done in the past under whatever manager and in what league is irrelevant.He is a player that Sarri is building a team around! - he is not a good player and is a waste of space in the epl.

7 hours ago, mastiffchild said:

I dunno. I think a lot of Jorgi talk is waaay wide of the mark.

Two things: Sarri used the same player in the same system for three years in Serie A. I do not accept that Italian managers are more stupid than those here in the EPL and were less able to figure out these tactics(as we are forever hearing how Sarri has been "found out" by coaches here)yet Sarri and Napoli were very good using said player and system. The issue is more about surrounding players unsuited to or unable to adapt to Sarrri and his system. Without players in the right places at the right times Jorgi is simply not a useful player. However, should he have players that do the right things around him he becomes the single best choice there is for Sarri and dictates better than anyone post Pirlo.

Secondly, Jorgi has had some good games for Italy where Sarri isn't in charge, I believe, and showed a propensity for a couple of roles that aren't exactly the Regista he plays for Chelsea-so maybe there's a hope under a new gaffer should Sarri leave though Jorginho's biggest issue would become a fanbase unwilling to trust the guy.

Personally, I get why people can be frustrated with him at times but feel the issues aren't CAUSED by him and are more a symptom of the crap around him failing miserably to press, move or provide passing options after years of purely playing counter attack football. Sure, he isn't innocent and has had some shocking displays on a personal level but the big issue has been a lack of decent fullbacks and RLC being too frail to fill the number eight role we need him to. he gets fit and Emerson starts to fulfil his ore injury promise and it would get much easier for Jorginho imho. I also feel that Reece James could well become our best bet at RB if given his earned chance next season. He is easily the best RB in the Championship all round and suits Sarri well.

Completely with you on Jorginho, especially the bolded bit; think the idea of Jorginho or Sarri being 'found out' is pretty daft, tbh. It does not take a remarkable football intelligence to know the theory behind stopping pass-heavy posession football, or to press and choke a midfield-passing fulcrum. There is nothing to be 'found'; it's all on show. But virtually anyone could tell you on paper how you stop City or Liverpool. It's how you do it that is all that much more difficult.

Jorginho is the last piece of a puzzle, but we bought him first. Not sure that was an especially wise move, but I suppose it was dictated in part by availability and the financial complexities of the Sarri deal. It's not his 'fault' as such that he's not shining, just as it isn't the other player's faults that they don't optimally work with him. The call isn't, imo, whether or not he is a good player, but whether or not the growing pains of having a mismatched team for some time are going to prove worth it. That's a tough call.

41 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

33 this year and out of contact in the summer, hardly surprising he is going to leave and as he openly admits he will have to play at a lower level if he wants more playing time.

He only cost a million a month without his wages. 

Edited by RobertoftheGiz