• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

7 hours ago, Martin1905 said:

33 this year and out of contact in the summer, hardly surprising he is going to leave 

This. Although, rightly or wrongly,  I will say that I think he should have been given more starting time with us. 

11 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

This. Although, rightly or wrongly,  I will say that I think he should have been given more starting time with us. 

With the transfer ban, who will our strikers be next season? 

Abraham, Batshuayi, Morata? We don't own anyone else. I'd give Giroud another contract but it doesn't look like he'd accept.

xCELERYx   
37 minutes ago, chiswickblue said:

With the transfer ban, who will our strikers be next season? 

Abraham, Batshuayi, Morata? We don't own anyone else. I'd give Giroud another contract but it doesn't look like he'd accept.

Provided Atletico don't take up their option on Morata of course. Even then, I wouldn't want Morata back transfer ban or not. 

Not for the first time has a player been unhappy with their playing time this season. I'd also like Giroud to stay, he does fill a specific role although he certainly wouldn't be first choice, he is however still handy to call upon at times. 

Abraham, Batshuayi and Giroud would offer a bit of everything. 

While it looks increasingly likely the club won't prolong Higuain's deal either.

The board supposedly met on Monday, reported by Sky around 16:30...

does anyone know what happened, as it's all gone quiet.

I hope they ain't going to wait until it's impossible to finish in the top 4 before they act, on the hope that we win the Europa league.

This would be dangerous as keeping Sarri on he is not going to change his ways.

He will continue to pick his favs no matter what, continue to play players out of position and when it's too late, Hazard will go, along with a few others, CHO will still want out, and rumours that Kante has had enough

I see the board have finally woken up to the fact that it doesn't look like the ban will be suspended, so have decided to extend players contacts..

Luiz and Willian are first on the list, pity they didn't think it was worth keeping Fabregas and giving him a 2 year extension, (but Sarri didn't want him), even though he won't be here next season.

We need to let Hazard go (try and get as much as possible, nothing less then 100 million pounds), as this might convince CHO to stay

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/chelsea-loanee-kovacic-opens-door-on-move-to-fierce-prem-rivals

let him go as well

Edited by Never happy

Kezza   
4 hours ago, Never happy said:

I see the board have finally woken up to the fact that it doesn't look like the ban will be suspended, so have decided to extend players contacts..

Luiz and Willian are first on the list, pity they didn't think it was worth keeping Fabregas and giving him a 2 year extension, (but Sarri didn't want him), even though he won't be here next season.

We need to let Hazard go (try and get as much as possible, nothing less then 100 million pounds), as this might convince CHO to stay

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/chelsea-loanee-kovacic-opens-door-on-move-to-fierce-prem-rivals

let him go as well

Yup we can keep all these players, sell and let go the world class ones and promote all academy players and still expect to win the PL and CL next year with your "ideal" manager in charge who is not Sarri. Can you give an idea who that manager is?

Edited by Kezza

22 hours ago, xCELERYx said:

Provided Atletico don't take up their option on Morata of course. Even then, I wouldn't want Morata back transfer ban or not. 

Not for the first time has a player been unhappy with their playing time this season. I'd also like Giroud to stay, he does fill a specific role although he certainly wouldn't be first choice, he is however still handy to call upon at times. 

Abraham, Batshuayi and Giroud would offer a bit of everything. 

While it looks increasingly likely the club won't prolong Higuain's deal either.

And not for the first season either. That virtually happens to every club, every season. 

Also a bit strange to criticise Sarri for Giroud being unhappy with his playing time (cause let’s be honest, that’s what you’re doing) only to admit immediately that you wouldn’t see him as first choice either. 

If the ban does kick in this summer we obviously have to bring Morata back if we can. That much is a given. Cause Abraham and Batshuayi won’t be nearly enough for us to get through a season. 

The reality is that a few players being dissatisfied with playing time and wanting to leave a club is most often a sign of good health. Usually it means competition, usually it means there is a bar to reach and push for.

Too often I think alleged 'unhappiness' is blown out of proportion. I'm sure there are players who cause a stink, but most I think get on with it. Certainly that is how Giroud seems to be from the outside. At 32 he's entitled to want to play more football, but even he seems to realise that might not be at PL top 6 level. Can't discount either that people say things that aren't strictly or even vaguely true if it might suit them in a negotiation ... I wonder what being banned from registrations over the summer might do for Giroud if considering a contract extension?

The issue I think is when players want to leave or are unhappy because they aren't getting playing time for stupid reasons. Fabregas is one of very few examples of this happening at Chelsea, and even he was not a bad egg about it.

Does anyone know if FIFA or the clubs they are dealing with usually make public when their appeal hearings are? I've seen talk of CAS appeals across the internet, but from what I can gather CAS procedurally and literally cannot get involved until the normal and internal FIFA appeal process is complete. So our only hope of not being banned from registrations this summer is that FIFA conduct our appeal hearing (or whatever form it takes) in the next two months and CAS react instantaenously to the inevitable appeal. I have no idea, and the internet as a whole seems as clueless, as to whether or not this is a realisitic timeframe.

Sciatika   
1 hour ago, thevelourfog said:

...the internet as a whole seems as clueless...

Always is. It's a consequence of being the public square.  So much noise that anything of any real value is drowned out. You end up with something like a bag of panicking ferrets, in the dark and trying to figure out what's going on.

4 hours ago, The_Ghost said:

Also a bit strange to criticise Sarri for Giroud being unhappy with his playing time (cause let’s be honest, that’s what you’re doing) only to admit immediately that you wouldn’t see him as first choice either. 

Strange to criticise anyone really.  He just joined up with the French National squad where he is pretty much obliged to say he needs to start more games so he can do his best for the NT, and yes he'd consider moving clubs to do that.
Giroud this time was probably the mildest reported example I have ever heard.

4 hours ago, thevelourfog said:

Does anyone know if FIFA or the clubs they are dealing with usually make public when their appeal hearings are? I've seen talk of CAS appeals across the internet, but from what I can gather CAS procedurally and literally cannot get involved until the normal and internal FIFA appeal process is complete. So our only hope of not being banned from registrations this summer is that FIFA conduct our appeal hearing (or whatever form it takes) in the next two months and CAS react instantaenously to the inevitable appeal. I have no idea, and the internet as a whole seems as clueless, as to whether or not this is a realisitic timeframe.

I recall reading that we can ask CAS to intervene if the punishment is to be introduced before the appeal process is over.  But that would be separate to an actual CAS appeal.
And I don't have a link to anything useful.