• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Leo91   

Last nights goal

23 goals in 42 games from midfield this season. God I hope this ban is upheld and we can get him in. He's ready made for the big time. It would be a travesty if one of our rivals get his signature.

jones   
17 hours ago, Leo91 said:

Last nights goal

23 goals in 42 games from midfield this season. God I hope this ban is upheld and we can get him in. He's ready made for the big time. It would be a travesty if one of our rivals get his signature.

Yeah, he looks very promising. We need a goalscorer for that advanced role in a non-Sarri midfield three. Coutinho and Fekir are great options also - if we signed one of them I will be very happy. Mount can be back up option, and RLC (Barkley) to play box to box on the other side with Kanté (Ampadu) as DM. 

34 minutes ago, jones said:

Yeah, he looks very promising. We need a goalscorer for that advanced role in a non-Sarri midfield three. Coutinho and Fekir are great options also - if we signed one of them I will be very happy. Mount can be back up option, and RLC (Barkley) to play box to box on the other side with Kanté (Ampadu) as DM. 

Kante has never been a DM, and very very obviously would be a bad fit there.  Jorginho against Brighton was terrific, and is clearly there to stay whatever some people think.
So the midfield role to spare is the RLC/Kovacic/Barkley one, where none have consistently impressed.

The very idea of Barkley or RLC playing "box to box" instead of Kante is bizarre.  Much like the idea of tying Kante down to within 15 yards of his CBs and then asking him to spray the ball about.

Ham   

Well that's that then.....

Screenshot_20190406-000605_Daily Mail Online.jpg

Kezza   
1 hour ago, Ham said:

Screenshot_20190406-000605_Daily Mail Online.jpg

Fine with that we need to move on. We have become Eden Hazard FC of late.

1 hour ago, Ham said:

If there's any truth to this (after all, it is the D. Mail), then I'd suggest that the club pockets the money, and wishes him well. Too often for my liking he resembles somebody going through the motions, so cashing in on him while we still can, would simply be good business imo.

jones   
18 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Kante has never been a DM, and very very obviously would be a bad fit there.  Jorginho against Brighton was terrific, and is clearly there to stay whatever some people think.
So the midfield role to spare is the RLC/Kovacic/Barkley one, where none have consistently impressed.

The very idea of Barkley or RLC playing "box to box" instead of Kante is bizarre.  Much like the idea of tying Kante down to within 15 yards of his CBs and then asking him to spray the ball about.

Haha, he plays DM for France. And won the world cup playing there. So yeah, obviously a bad fit.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; deleted.

1 hour ago, jones said:

Haha, he plays DM for France. And won the world cup playing there. So yeah, obviously a bad fit.

And funnily enough I don't recall a word of praise about how he played there (I don't watch more than about 30 mins of England in a WC).
But what was he doing then?  Spraying the ball around.  Sticking close to the CBs.  Never ever getting out of position?  Ridiculous if they did do that.  If.

Wikipedia
450px-FRA-CRO_2018-07-15.svg.png

Espn
image.thumb.png.4f66d4477d96f355a356b3d5810c6e8b.png

I'm wary of getting involved here but I think rather than being a holding midfielder for France he is the least advanced of the midfielders,  mopping up where the opposition break on them. 

At Chelsea he is often the most advanced of the midfield with Barkley charged with staying back which appears faintly ludicrous to me, negating the best features of both players. I understand Sarri does this because Kante has "the legs" to press higher up the pitch, but in doing so we lose his effectiveness elsewhere.