• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

20 hours ago, Conte Kante said:

GK - Kepa, Willy, Green

The second youngest senior keeper at the club will be Cech.  Are we sure he won't put his boots on?  (No initial ban presumed of course).

42 minutes ago, Conte Kante said:

Sane from a talent prespective is an absolute must if he is being sold. However, lets face it, this article is probably BS and City will not sell to an English side. He will likely end up in Paris, Munich or Barcelona if he leaves. 

Quite

8 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

It'll be a bit of a dilemma, I think, if Villa come up and want him to stay on; newly promoted sides often want experience but you'd think they'd start him regularly off the back of scoring 25 goals this season. 

I haven't checked, but I gather the 3rd place invariably goes through.  It is after all 2 games over 180 mins, which makes winning much much less of a lottery and favours the better team and then the final.  This season 3rd place (2=), Leeds or Sheff U are 6 points clear of 4th, and 10 points above Villa.

xCELERYx   
1 hour ago, Conte Kante said:

I reckon Amapadu goes on loan. For me, he is actually the best talent we have and would walk into the first team of a lot of the third and fourth quartile teams in the PL. For me, a full season of experience is absolutely vital for him, especially as he has picked up a number of injuries already. Bulker is in the same boat, but will play at a lower level, I mean why keep him here and be third/second choice? 

Bulka is out of contract and I believe has already stalled on signing a new deal. There's a solid chance at this point he'll probably leave on a free transfer. Now that we've signed Kepa, he's unlikely to find himself playing much, if any, first team football any time soon. 

Assuming we can't sign anyone I'd like to see:

Arrizabalaga, Caballero, anyone (Green, Blackman, Bulka, Cumming, Collins)

Azpilicueta, Reece James

Luiz, Rüdiger, Christensen, Guehi

Emerson, Alonso

Kante, Jorginho, RLC, Barkley, Mount

Hazard, Willian, Pedro, Pulisic, Hudson-Odoi

Tammy Abraham, Giroud, Batshuayi 

Ampadu would go on loan, with Guehi making up numbers in training whilst playing for the development squad. James can also cover as CB.

Ideally we'd buy two new midfielder so that Barkley could be sold, plus another striker instead of Batshuayi. I'd also like da Silva to replace one of our left backs but he's likely to be sold.

^ if that’s the squad we go into next season with, Sarri is going to have to massively adjust his tactics to get that group of players challenging again for a top 4 spot IMO. 

Because Spurs, Arsenal and United are going to invest and we’re already barely staying in the mix. I don’t buy this thing about Spurs stadium being as big of an issue as Arsenal. Arsenal did invest they just invested poorly under a manager who had seemingly lost his way. 

Simple problems like the full backs, the midfield options and the striking department if Higuain is sent back present a real hurdle to Sarri’s ideas becoming possible. We already know that he doesn’t like Giroud as number 1, and doesn’t rate Michy. Emerson is featuring now as well I feel only because of how badly Alonso has been this season. Same with Loftus-Cheek. He already expressed in January that he needed an option for Jorginho.

From a fan’s point of view it’s great to see James, Christensen, Loftus-Cheek, Hudson-Odoi, Tammy Abraham, Ampadu and Mason Mount in the squad, but from a guy who is basically trying to implement a footballing philosophy that has to be a bit of a nightmare. 

The easy fix to these problems is usually to dip into the transfer market and get some players in - 3 or 4 and give them the preseason to settle in. That’s what Klopp and Guardiola have had the time and opportunity to do. Pochettino, Emery and Ed Woodward will do that as well..

The Sun are reporting Madrid are going to sell Courtois after one ropey season .

Bit of a buyers market really seeing as he needs to be in Madrid for personal reasons and Atletico have Oblak who's three times the keeper .

Getafe it is then .

Good.

Leo91   

Not sure how much more evidence is needed to show that you need two high energetic fullbacks in the modern day game. TAA and Robertson have provided about 20 assists this season at least.

Ham   
23 minutes ago, Leo91 said:

Not sure how much more evidence is needed to show that you need two high energetic fullbacks in the modern day game. TAA and Robertson have provided about 20 assists this season at least.

Also proves that you don't always have to look to established European superstars. 

• Like 1

Ham   
15 minutes ago, xCELERYx said:

Atletico Madrid apparently want rid of Diego Costa and have put transfer market lolol. 

Built for the Premier League.