• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Leo91   

For Higuain to be successful we need two new fullbacks in conjunction with wingers who can cross and a creative midfielder who can spot the openings. I genuiely can't imagine we'll go into next season with him and Giroud as our starting striker though. There must be another new addition CF.

Edited by Leo91

1 minute ago, Leo91 said:

For Higuain to be successful we need two new fullbacks in conjunction with wingers who can cross and a creative midfielder who can spot the openings.

And that's likely to happen when?

50 minutes ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

I think it’s reasonable to say that Sarri wanted Higuain in the first place.

Yes, I agree with you. But if the Board hadn't wanted him (or agreed with Sarri), then he wouldn't be here. And that imo, will be the same for any extension, or purchase. 

50 minutes ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

But yeah, Higuain could well turn out to be a success elsewhere. What I can say is that it looks very unlikely that he will be a success here.

I understand what you're saying, but I still wouldn't write him off just yet. Almost, but not quite.....:).

xCELERYx   
23 minutes ago, Leo91 said:

For Higuain to be successful we need two new fullbacks in conjunction with wingers who can cross and a creative midfielder who can spot the openings. I genuiely can't imagine we'll go into next season with him and Giroud as our starting striker though. There must be another new addition CF.

He had two solid fullbacks and a creative midfielder at Juventus and his performances still visibly travelled south over the last 18 months. Which is fine, it happens to everyone eventually. You can't expect every player in their 30's to perform like Ronaldo. Higuain has slowed down, he isn't getting into the same positions as he once did. The consistency of his runs have tapered off. When he does get into good areas and receives the ball he is let down by his finishing, which has been another part of his game that's dropped off. It was noticeable in his final season at Juventus and the 6 months he spent across AC Milan and now Chelsea respectively. 

At 31 (32 in December) his best days are further behind him than in front. Given he's not an athletic type of player, his game is going to age worse in a league that is known for its pace and physicality. He looked slow and laboured in Serie A trying to complete 90 minutes as it is, so it's no surprise he's struggled in this area so far. 

I was happy when Juve purchased him, and I'll thank him for the hand he played in the clubs success during his time. His future isn't at Juventus, nor is it here at Chelsea. Once his loan ends we should thank him for his efforts and let him return to Italy. 

Edited by xCELERYx

3 hours ago, Leo91 said:

If we want Higuain to be successful we would need a time machine he’s 31 his best days have gone and there not coming back 

synavm   

Likely not for sale and the transfer ban will be an issue, but for me a logical successor to Hazard could be Jadon Sancho. Him and Hudson-Odoi on the wing would represent a very bright future. 

Sciatika   

Maybe we should play Alonso up front. Good in the air, pace, strength.

8 hours ago, xCELERYx said:

I think in this instance there would be enough to suggest that Conte wanted a completely different set of players to the ones he ultimately ended up with obtaining. 

That means nothing - we all want much more than we can get.

The question is why did we buy 7 not good enough players + Rudiger in 2 windows.  And the answer has to be that Conte demanded 7 such players.  

image.png.bad5507e33b94b36f37e385f30c5c627.png

18 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

That means nothing - we all want much more than we can get.

The question is why did we buy 7 not good enough players + Rudiger in 2 windows.  And the answer has to be that Conte demanded 7 such players.  

image.png.bad5507e33b94b36f37e385f30c5c627.png

The only one that he is on record as saying he wanted  , as in , straight from his mouth to the TV screen , was Bakayoko , even then he says he'd earmarked him to understudy Matic for a season and then take over , the board then sold Matic against Conte's wishes .

Morata we signed after " they" thought they'd signed Lukaku who was Conte's preferred choice who then was famously talked into going to United by his mate Pogberk , remember Morata died his hair red because he believed he was going to United until they switched allegiance.

Rudiger we'd been trailing as a club a season before Conte arrived.

Zappacosta was signed in place of Conte's preferred target Candreva 

Emerson was signed in place of the Juve left back who didn't want to come

Giroud was a January panic buy when everyone else turned us down

Barkley and Drinkwater totally club targetted , Barkley as he was English and " cheap" due to a season long injury , Drinkwater was by all accounts a panic buy when Conte went mental after we sold Matic against his wishes and targeted by Scott Mclaughlin the chief scout by accounts I have read.

I'm sure you printed this list to personally troll me after we've had the same conversation time upon time and neither agree with the others point of view , happy to oblige as always.

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

The only one that he is on record as saying he wanted ....

So after 13 years of tiny squads, we suddenly splashed out on a menagerie?

It doesn't make sense, you know it doesn't make sense.  We had a great big cuckoo in our nest demanding more players, more players, and like stupid parasite infested little birds, we fed him.

Then wised up and kicked the cuckoo out.
Shame about Emenalo and Costa who got shoved out of the nest.