• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

12 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Ideally we bring in the next partner for Rudiger 

For some reason I have a feeling he "Rudiger" will be subject of a huge bid or he will ask to leave Or both?

6 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

If the ban is upheld, there is no choice really

My understanding is if the ban is upheld , and they seem to be dragging their feet a bit reviewing it , then we can appeal to CAS , where it us likely they will rule that the ban should be postponed for a window as that's what they did every other time , at the moment we are in limbo because you cannot appeal against something until the formally charge you for it .

So , with a bit of luck , we can get a window to right some wrongs and if he's staying , get some players in that suit Sarri's philosophy.

xCELERYx   
48 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I'm conflicted on Luiz , I like him as a man , he seems like a decent chap and all but I can't help but think he's too lightweight and prone to lapses of concentration that cost us.

He was still better than Christensen was yesterday though .

Difficult. 

I like him also, even backing him to be captain at one point. Unfortunately, much like Ivanovic when his race was run, Luiz has also reached that point. Unless he's staying on as 3rd or 4th choice CB on a significant wage cut, he's best moved on. 

Trying to get one extra season out of him as a certified first choice has disaster written all over it. 

With that, we'll probably lock him down to a 3 year deal. 

xCELERYx   
4 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

My understanding is if the ban is upheld , and they seem to be dragging their feet a bit reviewing it , then we can appeal to CAS , where it us likely they will rule that the ban should be postponed for a window as that's what they did every other time , at the moment we are in limbo because you cannot appeal against something until the formally charge you for it .

So , with a bit of luck , we can get a window to right some wrongs and if he's staying , get some players in that suit Sarri's philosophy.

The issue with this is that even if we delay the transfer ban for the coming summer window, it means we'll miss the next two anyway which will probably be just as vital. We aren't realistically likely to bring in enough players in one window to truly overhaul us enough for next season. Not unless we go full OG Roman style. 

Either way it's going to be difficult for Sarri to really get his system completely inbeded within the playing group. He'll either have to make do with what he has, or wait (last) until all this passes before he can get the right players. The latter would be like hitting the reset button somewhat depending how much turnover was to be had. 

9 minutes ago, The Psycho Pianist said:

Calcio reporting that Bakayoko's likely to be returning in the summer. Fantastic - maybe Sarri can line him up alongside Kovacic and Jorginho next season in the most pointless midfield ever to be assembled.

Ouch

37 minutes ago, xCELERYx said:

The issue with this is that even if we delay the transfer ban for the coming summer window, it means we'll miss the next two anyway which will probably be just as vital. We aren't realistically likely to bring in enough players in one window to truly overhaul us enough for next season. Not unless we go full OG Roman style. 

Either way it's going to be difficult for Sarri to really get his system completely inbeded within the playing group. He'll either have to make do with what he has, or wait (last) until all this passes before he can get the right players. The latter would be like hitting the reset button somewhat depending how much turnover was to be had. 

I suppose if nothing it will tell us where Chelsea sit in terms of Roman's influence , if it's Pulisic and a load of clapped out extensions then it'll be grim , hopefully we will try and refresh the squad with some of the loan army which to be honest I wouldn't mind at all , someone said recently they'd rather try Reece James than pay £35m on someone we have no idea about on the offchance it'll come good . My personal opinion is that Tammy , James, Mount , Tomori are all worth giving minutes to across the season , if they are happy with that , Bats is another option who at least adds a bit of pace up front should we deign to give him a chance . 

5 minutes ago, xCELERYx said:

It isn't cash flow that stops us bringing lots of new players - RA has lots of that and if we spend next Summers money on players this year it has little or no FFP effect.
It is getting rid of all those meaningless players that the Serie A scout brought in, and all the guys in their 30s that are still around because no effort was made to replace them earlier.

26 minutes ago, The Psycho Pianist said:

Calcio reporting that Bakayoko's likely to be returning in the summer. 

As the new CB one hopes.

I cannot see how we do not get the ban waived for the Summer. If and when that happens I do expect us to buy more than we would expect to cover us, with some of our youth products being expected to cover the following summer. For me, I see us with a squad / loans / sales as follows: 

GK: Kepa, New GK2, Blackman/Green/Willy

FB: Dave, James, Alonso, Emerson

CB: Luiz (1 year extention), Rudi, Chris, Zouma/New CB

CM: Kante, Jorgi, RLC, New CM (Harvetz or Neves) Barkley 

AM: New AM (Zaha type as we need more strength), Pusilic, CHO, Pedro, Willian

CF: New CF (Werner/Jovic), Giroud 

Loans 

Mount - PL, year loan

Ampadu - PL, year loan 

Tammy - PL, year loan

Sold 

Drinkwater 

Bakayoko

Bats 

Zappa

Hazard 

Zouma (if a new CB is brought)

Cahill

Edited by Conte Kante

Leo91   

Not totally sold on Jovic. Looks like a great finisher but didn't keep an eye on his workrate and general touch last night.

I don't think Everton would sell Richarlison but he would be a great buy to replace Willian. Zaha probably cheaper though.

Edited by Leo91