• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Recommended Posts

Bison   
5 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Still not convinced.  I know it was reported as a rupture, but it seems "rupture" means a complete break, and your article appears to be discussing the same.

CHO has nothing like that - he initially carried on playing, and then walked off.  A ruptured achilles means you can't  walk and then massive cramp as the muscle tightens with nothing to pull against.  

The player himself reported the injury as a ruptured achilles.

Quote

"Really gutted to end my season with a ruptured Achilles, gotta work hard and try and come back stronger for next season!"

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Bison said:

The player himself reported the injury as a ruptured achilles.

I know he did (and acknowledged it in my post).  But he walked off the pitch which is not possible with a truly ruptured achilles.  

Achilles injuries are pretty common, Cahill had one recently.  A full rupture is pretty rare.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

Sarri seems pretty convinced that Higuain can make the grade at Chelsea after a proper pre-season.

And Kovacic. Maybe he is being diplomatic and just trying to gee them up but if he is being serious and he gets a serious say in transfers I would be worried. For me, Higs would be a ok bench option for the last 25 mins or so as he still has good movement in and around the box and a good finish. However him as a starter is a no go and certainly not for a £15m loan fee or £35m transfer. 

As for Kova, I actually think that one is going to happen as apprantly Real only want £26m for him and I can see the club thinking of it as a value purchase like Barkley. 

4 hours ago, McCreadie said:

I would prefer to see him with us too - he has done 3 seasons of loans already.

Lets face it, if he was not on loan no one would be suggesting he comes in here. For me, his loans have been handled badly. After his first year at BC, he should have really of had a second year there as he was settled and was not physically ready for PL. This season really should have been his PL season. For me, he will have to go out again as being on the bench is not an option for him and having a very good Champo goalscorer as our leading man is not an option for us. For me, when excluding the likes of Zouma and Pulisic, James is really the only player likely to come as Dave is able to play so many games if he struggles with the demands. 

Edited by Conte Kante

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Conte Kante said:

Lets face it, if he was not on loan no one would be suggesting he comes in here. For me, his loans have been handled badly. After his first year at BC, he should have really of had a second year there as he was settled and was not physically ready for PL. This season really should have been his PL season. For me, he will have to go out again as being on the bench is not an option for him and having a very good Champo goalscorer as our leading man is not an option for us. For me, when excluding the likes of Zouma and Pulisic, James is really the only player likely to come as Dave is able to play so many games if he struggles with the demands. 

NO - if he were not ours, pretty much every club in the Prem would be rumoured as wanting Tammy, us at the top of the queue.
The problem with Swansea was just Swansea, not Tammy.  What doesn't kill you makes you stronger - well at least I think the experience will help him.  

Tammy is 21, there are arguments either way as to whether it is time he served some time on our bench, reducing the first team wage bill and paying back some of our investment in him.  (I'm for another loan, but both sides are valid).

James is 19.  2 years younger.  In much more need of experience before he starts for us, and much more a player to invest in rather than exploit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Leo91   

Pereira, Digne, Wan-Bissaka, Alex Telles, Gaya, one of those pls Roman.

Edited by Leo91

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Leo91 said:

Pereira, Digne, Wan-Bissaka, Alex Telles, Gaya, one of those pls Roman.

Sorry, but could you run that part by me again? Sorry if I've missed something here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, chiswickblue said:

What else is he going to say in press conferences ahead of crucial matches? He's a lot fatter and slower than he was at Napoli so there's no chance I want him back next season?

If weight is the main issue, players can lose weight rather quickly. 

I have been hugely critical of Higuain, and rightly so, but if we can get his salary down a bit, he could be a gamble worth taking.

All the negatives considered, and there are many, he still has 5 goals in 13 games I think. So he hasn’t been a complete failure from a purely statistical point of view.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bison   
1 hour ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

If weight is the main issue, players can lose weight rather quickly. 

I have been hugely critical of Higuain, and rightly so, but if we can get his salary down a bit, he could be a gamble worth taking.

All the negatives considered, and there are many, he still has 5 goals in 13 games I think. So he hasn’t been a complete failure from a purely statistical point of view.

 

3 of those goals were scored in one game against Huddersfield. Another against relegated Fulham. Higuain has been a complete and utter failure and to suggest otherwise is ludicrous.

If Higuain is at Chelsea next season, in any capacity (first choice or back up), then it would only mean we have had another shocker in the market.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

NO - if he were not ours, pretty much every club in the Prem would be rumoured as wanting Tammy, us at the top of the queue.
The problem with Swansea was just Swansea, not Tammy.  What doesn't kill you makes you stronger - well at least I think the experience will help him.  

Tammy is 21, there are arguments either way as to whether it is time he served some time on our bench, reducing the first team wage bill and paying back some of our investment in him.  (I'm for another loan, but both sides are valid).

James is 19.  2 years younger.  In much more need of experience before he starts for us, and much more a player to invest in rather than exploit.

Whilst Swansea were not great, he also did not adapt that well when given the chance and missed a few half chances that you would hope a player ready for us would take more of. For me, I look at history and no top goalscorer in the Championship has made the grade at PL level since Phillips who was in his peak years at the time.

In my opinion, having Tammy back here is a massive gamble as he will need to produce immediately as a CF1, which is probably the most dificult position, to get any decent game time. That for me is a massive ask for a 22 year old who has only proven he can score in the Championship. Of course if this works out it is happy days but, for me at least, that is an highly risky scenario for both the club and Tammy. 

As for James, I am still a little on the fence but owing to his position and the fact that he would be competing with Dave it is not as much of a risk to bring him in as he would only be taking Zappa's squad place and if he cannot do much in training/cup matches we can always loan him from Jan and say get a bit more experience for the next year or so. 

Edited by Conte Kante

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Conte Kante said:

Whilst Swansea were not great, he also did not adapt that well when given the chance and missed a few half chances that you would hope a player ready for us would take more of. For me, I look at history and no top goalscorer in the Championship has made the grade at PL level since Phillips who was in his peak years at the time.

In my opinion, having Tammy back here is a massive gamble as he will need to produce immediately as a CF1, which is probably the most dificult position, to get any decent game time. That for me is a massive ask for a 22 year old who has only proven he can score in the Championship. Of course if this works out it is happy days but, for me at least, that is an highly risky scenario for both the club and Tammy. 

As for James, I am still a little on the fence but owing to his position and the fact that he would be competing with Dave it is not as much of a risk to bring him in as he would only be taking Zappa's squad place and if he cannot do much in training/cup matches we can always loan him from Jan and say get a bit more experience for the next year or so. 

James looks good and is definitely a option for us next season should get rid of zappacosta he can take his place James can also play midfield which he did for Wigan for the last 10 games or so 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now