• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

8 hours ago, Ham said:

If true, how would this represent a fairness? CAS rule for a delay whilst we've already been punished?

Ornstein told BBC Radio 5 Live: “Chelsea, their recruitment this summer all rests on the transfer ban that they’ve been handed down. 

“I’ve heard suggestions the Court of Arbitration for Sport might not rule on their case until July, which comes right bang in the middle of the window. 

Cut for simplicity. 

CAS have always suspended bans until the case can be heard in the past, so it really doesn't matter if our appeal is not heard until July. In fact given our likely guilt, CAS hearing the appeal before the window opens would almost certainly be a disaster for us. Ornstein is either operating outside of (easily gained from Google) expertise, is misrepresenting the process for a story, or has been misrepresented himself.

My guess is that as soon as CAS have our appeal they will look at it and estimate how long it will take to treat properly and then compare that against their capacity and availability. That whole process should not take more than a day or two. They'll have two options available to them; hear the case before the window opens so there is no need to suspend the ban, or not hear the case before the window opens so suspend it.

What none of us knows for certain is how long it takes a club to prepare and file an appeal, and how long it takes CAS to screen an appeal and decide when it can be heard and what immediate action it needs to take. I think we'll hear before the month is out.

lzheyi   

If paying over 100m to buy Coutinho, we might as well spend half of that amount to get highly promising youngster like Kai Havartz instead.

If Sari stays, I am not sure Coutinho fits in the 4-3-3 formation? 

Dybala's brother and agent also said the following - 

"Yes, there is a good chance he’ll leave Juventus. Absolutely, he needs a change.

The problem is that with Cristiano Ronaldo on the pitch, nobody can do anything.

He felt good in Italy, now no more.

I can’t say where he’ll go, but there is a strong chance Paulo will leave.

Of course he’s not happy there. Paulo’s not the only one, as many players are uncomfortable at Juve.

He won’t be the only one who will leave the Bianconeri this summer"

xCELERYx   
47 minutes ago, Lump Of Celery said:

Dybala's brother and agent also said the following - 

"Yes, there is a good chance he’ll leave Juventus. Absolutely, he needs a change.

The problem is that with Cristiano Ronaldo on the pitch, nobody can do anything.

He felt good in Italy, now no more.

I can’t say where he’ll go, but there is a strong chance Paulo will leave.

Of course he’s not happy there. Paulo’s not the only one, as many players are uncomfortable at Juve.

He won’t be the only one who will leave the Bianconeri this summer"

Interesting because both Ronaldo and Dybala get along really well. The problem is more around Allegri and his system. A few players have become unhappy (as noted), while fans have also shown displeasure this season due to the poor quality of play and Allergi's decision making. The main issue surrounds the move to a 433 and away from the 4231 and 4312 systems of prior years. This has been the change that's effectively forced Dybala out of the side, but has also been the culprit of what has largely been viewed as the worst football Juve have played in years. 

The likes of Cancelo, Pjanic and now Dybala have all expressed some displeasure. Last season it was Marchisio and Benatia. I'd not be shocked if the club remove Allegri, with Deschamps the most recent to be hotly tipped to return to the club. 

1 hour ago, Lump Of Celery said:

Reports that Real have signed Jovic for £52m

You can write what you like today.  Last game of the season for him is tomorrow, and there is no way you can be proved wrong till after that.

Kezza   

Dybala, Griezmann, Jovic all available this summer. We probably try to get Higuain on a permanent deal instead.