• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

9 minutes ago, Never happy said:

Nothing "they" do surprises me .

However the thought that we'd purposefully delay the appeal when we will then have no Hazard , CHO , RLC  starting a season where we would not be able to sign anyone,  whilst competing in the Champions League and scant chance of being good enough to win it or get top four again , strikes me as a bridge too far even for those idiots.

1 hour ago, Never happy said:

Kovacic - since when do Metro know anything - the whole thing is an admitted re-write of the Telegraph article (which only talks about the technical possibility).

CAS delay - Clearly Matt Law has talked to Chelsea as the piece does not divert from known facts like many Telegraph pieces.  But all he/his sources have said is that we have not applied for a ban delay yet.  There is no insight into whether we intend to, and I can imagine reasons why a delay might make sense.  We might be waiting for an FA reaction, we might want to prevent CAS from rushing through with a review before the Summer, or we might simply be waiting for the FIFA ban to start (the domestic season opens earlier than the international season).

4 hours ago, exiledblue said:

Window has been open for 24 hours, wonder whats happening between Chelsea and CAS

Window opens on 11 June

23 minutes ago, chiswickblue said:

Window opens on 11 June

PL opened yesterday 

its a Brexit thing

As I said a month or so ago, I reckon Kova will be brought as apprantly we can have him for around £26-30m, which the board will see as a 'value' purchase. Lets face it, that is how we normally run things now. 

Leo91   

£30m aint bad at all to be honest in today's market. He's dependable if not unspectacular. Plus there were signs at the beginning of the season that he understood Sarri's methods. But there's no room for both him and Barkley in this squad. Far too similar style of player.

Edited by Leo91

BlueFizz   
15 hours ago, Never happy said:

Believing everything we read in the Metro and Telegraph? It would seem so, but you can beat it if you try.

Either go cold turkey or read it but remember its almost certainly speculative clickbait.

16 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Allegri ?

Not for me , he's won everything in a noddy league with the biggest budget of all the clubs there 

Who's second ?

Sounds like Pep, if City lose CL football dont be surprised to him turn up at the richest club in Italy

14 hours ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

PL opened yesterday 

its a Brexit thing

and again we have chose to close early at the risk of English clubs not being able to replace last minute sales

xCELERYx   
17 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Allegri ?

Not for me , he's won everything in a noddy league with the biggest budget of all the clubs there and he'll only be agitating for a move to Madrid after two months .

Who's second ?

While I've never been huge on Allegri, I appreciate what he's done since joining Juve - including making two champions league finals. He also did win Serie A with AC Milan prior to his stint with Juve. So there has been some success prior at least.