• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

15 minutes ago, BlueFizz said:

Don’t think either are bad - just not certain starters, and with Jorginho and Kovacic in the side you start with 2/3 players who have zero goal threat. 

I don’t mind either as squadies but think our real need is for midfield starters with goals in them. 

Agree. Either as squadies but not both and neither as starters.

25 minutes ago, Kezza said:

If Van Ginkel is any good he would have at least made more appearances by now. How many seasons has it been? 4? He's the personification of waste of space and it's not his fault. The club has no proper plans for such players orher than to keep them on loan.

He's been injured a lot , my point is that Kovacic is expensive when he's a squad player who'd hardly play if there was any quality anywhere in the midfield . Save the money buy quality and keep Van Ginkel as the back up , he's not amazing but he's ok , just like Kovacic without the £30m price tag.

I don't expect the board to do this though they'd rather waste the money and he does fit the philosophy so Sarri will undoubtedly want him to stay . The philosophy is all.

Edited by Mark Kelly

Bison   

A philosophy that requires players like Kovacic isn't one worth investing in.

8 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

He's been injured a lot , my point is that Kovacic is expensive when he's a squad player who'd hardly play if there was any quality anywhere in the midfield . Save the money buy quality and keep Van Ginkel as the back up , he's not amazing but he's ok , just like Kovacic without the £30m price tag.

I don't expect the board to do this though they'd rather waste the money and he does fit the philosophy so Sarri will undoubtedly want him to stay . The philosophy is all.

I don't think he has made it back to training yet since his latest knee injury, it would be a bit of a risk using ul a foreign squad place on him. Before his latest injury he I would have agreed with you. Also his contract is up next summer so if we have a ban then it could leave us a player short or having to offer him a bumper contract. Personally I think we should invest in a quality number 8 this summer if possible with Barkley playing the back up. Then move on Barkley next summer with RLC taking his spot if back up to fitness. Unless by some miracle Barkley has an amazing season.

Regarding Kovacic we need to move on some deadwood before investing in other utility squad players, otherwise we should just use what we have. Of course if the ban remains and we can only sign players already registered that alters things.

Just now, Lump Of Celery said:

I don't think he has made it back to training yet since his latest knee injury, it would be a bit of a risk using ul a foreign squad place on him. Before his latest injury he I would have agreed with you. Also his contract is up next summer so if we have a ban then it could leave us a player short or having to offer him a bumper contract. Personally I think we should invest in a quality number 8 this summer if possible with Barkley playing the back up. Then move on Barkley next summer with RLC taking his spot if back up to fitness. Unless by some miracle Barkley has an amazing season.

Regarding Kovacic we need to move on some deadwood before investing in other utility squad players, otherwise we should just use what we have. Of course if the ban remains and we can only sign players already registered that alters things.

Kovacic does keep the ball well.

Should cement us in about tenth.

BlueFizz   
27 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Kovacic does keep the ball well.

Should cement us in about tenth.

Slightly contradicted by the fact he already plays regularly and we finished 3rd.

19 minutes ago, BlueFizz said:

Slightly contradicted by the fact he already plays regularly and we finished 3rd.

I'm thinking sans Hazard who , in my opinion is the main reason we are where we are . I suppose we could win every game 0-0.

Edited by Mark Kelly
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, jones said:

If it is true the board is considering not appealing to CAS, I can understand why and am possibly even pro doing so.

Why would that be true?  Surely they are merely considering when, tactically, it is best to appeal.

3 hours ago, Kezza said:

Don't get why people are so against Kovacic. If anything Barkley is the one needing to be sold not Kovacic.

We are short 5 starters (6 if Hazard goes).
We have about 40 back up players, all of whom are or have been full squad members, and have 5 or so more potential squad members.
Who the hell cares about chosing which backup player should be kept - just move them on out.

xCELERYx   
10 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

I'm thinking sans Hazard who , in my opinion is the main reason we are where we are . I suppose we could win every game 0-0.

As long as we don't have to defend a set piece. 

16 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Why would that be true?  Surely they are merely considering when, tactically, it is best to appeal.

On the other hand

these next two windows are ones to be avoided.

The two Spanish giants are having a clear out which means there are going to be an awful lot of their rejects looking for a pension top up which unfortunately has fallen under the clubs recruitment policy in the past.