• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Rob B   
17 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Why would that be true?  Surely they are merely considering when, tactically, it is best to appeal.

We are short 5 starters (6 if Hazard goes).
We have about 40 back up players, all of whom are or have been full squad members, and have 5 or so more potential squad members.
Who the hell cares about chosing which backup player should be kept - just move them on out.

Well I’d like to think the club have absolutely considered taking the ban straight away.

In fact, anything but considering both options would be pure negligence wouldn’t it?

I’m not particularly fussed either way, but I can understand the arguments for it - the Super Club’s are going to be busy this summer e.g. Barca, Real, Man United and Bayern and we do have the potential of a few decent loanees returning. 

If we delay it, do I trust the club with our incoming transfers being good enough to carry the squad through to Jan 2021?  No not really, therefore a ban straight away, and line up some players now for next summer isn’t the worst option in the world. Particularly if the likes of Reece James, Mason Mount and Tammy are given an opportunity 

https://metro.co.uk/2019/05/19/ngolo-kante-tempted-paris-saint-germain-transfer-french-giants-prepare-bid-9598758/

hold on to players who are on the decline (being polite to Willian and a few others),

yet let our best leave, Costa,Hazard and now Kante?(who could blame him, if he's not enjoying playing under Sarri)

since when have we been a selling club?

30 minutes ago, Never happy said:

https://metro.co.uk/2019/05/19/ngolo-kante-tempted-paris-saint-germain-transfer-french-giants-prepare-bid-9598758/

hold on to players who are on the decline (being polite to Willian and a few others),

yet let our best leave, Costa,Hazard and now Kante?(who could blame him, if he's not enjoying playing under Sarri)

since when have we been a selling club?

Kante is a simple equation and very obvious. 

He is French and the biggest club of in France and Europe wants him and they are prepared to pay whatever it takes to get him and a salary to match  

What would you do at 28?

also they can assure CL football every season. 

Edited by RobertoftheGiz

7 minutes ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

also they can assure CL football every season. 

That depends on EUFA...

But yes, Kante should have left 2 seasons ago.  We won't be title challengers again till he is 30.

37 minutes ago, Never happy said:

(who could blame him, if he's not enjoying playing under Sarr

I'm not going to check what a Metro article actually said, but I'm pretty sure Kante enjoys playing football full stop.  Any club, any manager, he just loves it.

xCELERYx   

Word circulating at the moment in Italy is that AC Milan will not be taking up their option to sign Bakayoko outright. 

26 minutes ago, xCELERYx said:

Word circulating at the moment in Italy is that AC Milan will not be taking up their option to sign Bakayoko outright. 

Seems to me that "word circulating in Italy" has been a fantastically unreliable source for a good few years now.

11 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Seems to me that "word circulating in Italy" has been a fantastically unreliable source for a good few years now.

Normally word circulating here in Italy is about all the fantastic players coming to their teams, that rarely come rather than players leaving. There are so many football programmes on they keep talking for the sake of it as if serie a is still the draw it was 20 years ago

jones   
7 hours ago, xCELERYx said:

Can’t see him returning to play for Sarri. Looked completely off in pre-season and Sarri was quick to dismiss him. Another loan if nobody else is ready to pay 30m plus for him?

Leo91   

Had a quick look of season highlights. There's a player in there somewhere but not at Chelsea. 

Holymoly   

So as I understand it CAS won't overturn decision as they only rule on whether rules were followed while making the decision, not the decision itself, and they have NEVER overturned a decision. Therefore we have until when they next meet, which is probably July, to get whatever business is required done. Judging by our ability to get stuff over the line in the past that is a big ask. Especially as we need to be looking over a year into the future. Normally I wouldn't be pushing for this but maybe this is the ideal opportunity for Frank as he is the only person who would attempt to make use of the plethora of youth talent at the club. The last thing we need is Sarri or Allegri covering their arses for another year while moaning on in broken Italian about how they want a 35 year old foreigner, looking for one last big pay cheque, on the team.