• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

7 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

Normally I wouldn't be pushing for this but maybe this is the ideal opportunity for Frank as he is the only person who would attempt to make use of the plethora of youth talent at the club.

1.  it would be a disaster to change manager now, when so many squad decisions need to be mae.

2.  There is nothing to suggest, yet, that SFL is a Chelsea level manager

3.  The idea that SFL is keen to use youth players is pure fiction, made up to back an anti-Sarri story.
He has been given 3 very good Championship players by Liverpool and Chelsea aged 22, 21 & 20, and used them a lot - in the Championship.  That is a long way short of saying he would have used CHO and RLC in the prem (with the alternatives we have), let alone saying he do so even more than Sarri has.

4.  It is a long time since we have had a current manager who is in tune with the club preparing a Summer Transfer list of targets.  Last was probably 2015.  Next is likely to be 2021 (if we don't change owner or manager then).  Lets take advantage of it.

Waiting for James....

.... If we could sell (deep breath) Willian, Pedro, Giroud, Hazard, Bats, Morata, Kenedy, Pasilic, Piazon, Musonda, Bakayoko, Barkley, van Ginkel, Drinkwater, Moses, Zappacosta, Rahman, Alonso, Zouma, Kalas, Cahill, Omeruo, Aina, Green and Caballero, 

that would bring in about err  £3 billion.

Then bring in 6 youth players (Tammy, James, Mount, Tomori, Ampadu, Blackman)

and spend the money on 6 superstars at £500m a pop,

and we are sorted  :)
(No more back up players please!!)

Holymoly   
42 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

1.  it would be a disaster to change manager now, when so many squad decisions need to be mae.

And you think Sarri is the man to make them? It's the suits above him that make the decision.

2.  There is nothing to suggest, yet, that SFL is a Chelsea level manager

Maybe now is the time to think a little outside of the (Football Manager) box. He'd certainly get a lot more support from the, err, supporters.

3.  The idea that SFL is keen to use youth players is pure fiction, made up to back an anti-Sarri story.
He has been given 3 very good Championship players by Liverpool and Chelsea aged 22, 21 & 20, and used them a lot - in the Championship.  That is a long way short of saying he would have used CHO and RLC in the prem (with the alternatives we have), let alone saying he do so even more than Sarri has.

Jody has the knowledge of the vast majority of the youth program and SFL possibly wouldn't be so dismissive of them

Droy, you acknowledge the change in circumstances we are currently about to embark upon either now for 12 months or from August for 18 months. Don't you think it's worth a gamble on an individual who cares more for the club than any of the predecessors who only cared about their CV? If we weren't looking down the barrel of a transfer ban I'd agree that Sarri maybe deserves another year but even then I'd not be that optimistic of our ability to make inroads to the City/Poll axis. We need to totally reorganise our squad and that is not possible over the course of a single transfer window however making use of some of the current loan players just might unearth some diamonds. I'm really sick to death of acquiring players who are a transfer late arriving at the club or else wasting a fortune on foreigners that never make the grade.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

Droy, you acknowledge the change in circumstances we are currently about to embark upon either now for 12 months or from August for 18 months. Don't you think it's worth a gamble on an individual who cares more for the club than any of the predecessors who only cared about their CV?

No I do not - I think it would be stark staring crazy.  (but by all means, RA, I am available and care)

We have done incredibly well with experienced managers.  The only inexperienced ones we have had in 20 years are Grant (a temp and out within 6 months) and AVB - out even quicker.  Why change a successful method now?

We are not in a desperate situations.
So desperate measures are even less welcome right now.

16 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

I'm really sick to death of acquiring players who are a transfer late arriving at the club or else wasting a fortune on foreigners that never make the grade.

Conte - 2016-jan 2018.  We have never done that before, and never done it since either.
Jorginho & Kepa in their early prime, Pulisic, 20,  perhaps a transfer early.

Personally, having watched Chelsea an awful long time, I am sick to death of having my hopes raised over some kid that rises rapidly to England U21 level, and never gets any further.  I don't want to be Arsenal who give Djourou or 50 other young players 50+ starts each before they realise their mistake and release them.  
In the course of the last 16 years we have been winning stack loads of titles, I really don't care if we haven't served the England National team as well as we have served the England U16, U17, U19 and U21 sides.  We have mostly just overtrained ordinary players to peak at 18, disappoint at 21, and then spend 3 of 4 more years to find their real level.

Holymoly   
23 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Conte - 2016-jan 2018.  We have never done that before, and never done it since either.
Jorginho & Kepa in their early prime, Pulisic, 20,  perhaps a transfer early.

Michy Batshuayi  £35m, Álvaro Morata £60m, Tiemoué Bakayoko £36m, Danny Drinkwater £34m. I'm not even going to mention the £50m spent on Jorginho (£30m too much) or the £8m loan fee for Higuain. Good business really? Did anyone actually scout these or did they just boot up Football Manager?

32 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

Michy Batshuayi  £35m, Álvaro Morata £60m, Tiemoué Bakayoko £36m, Danny Drinkwater £34m. I'm not even going to mention the £50m spent on Jorginho (£30m too much) or the £8m loan fee for Higuain. Good business really? Did anyone actually scout these or did they just boot up Football Manager?

The ones you mention were all in the aberrant 18 months controlled by the Serie A scout.

The ones you don't - Jorginho is  well worth the price, sorry you haven't caught up with that yet, - Higuain is a loan, overpriced at the maximum of £8m, but given it meant not playing Morata, very cheap I would argue.

It seems you are agreeing with me that 2016-jan 2018 was an unusual period in Chelsea's transfer history.

On 20/05/2019 at 2:46 PM, Droy was my hero said:

It would be a disaster to stay as we are. If Eden goes as seems quite possible Sarri would have lost his get out of jail card and we have seen on several occasions he has no plan b. More of the same. I dont think he wanted to give time to CHO or RLC as it goes against his trusted type of player but imo and before you challenge it thats all it is, he was pressured to give them time. He is now without them for some time and I dont trust his to try other youth but with a ban we are going to have to.

I would support Jodie, Lamps, JT or anyone else who came in and tried to do something with our youth and or loanees. I think fans would also understand the horrible situation these guys would be in but at least they know the palyers they would be integrating

5 minutes ago, exiledblue said:

and before you challenge it thats all it is, he was pressured to give them time

This smacks so much of "I told you so, and I was not wrong because he only did it because he was forced to".
It smacks of "Obstruction".

6 minutes ago, exiledblue said:

I would support Jodie, Lamps, JT or anyone else who came in and tried to do something with our youth and or loanees.

What on earth makes you think any of those (even if they were credible candidates) would back youth?

4 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

This smacks so much of "I told you so, and I was not wrong because he only did it because he was forced to".
It smacks of "Obstruction".

What on earth makes you think any of those (even if they were credible candidates) would back youth?

Dont follow your first comment but I was expecting you to come back and be aggressive as you have with everyone, your opinion should be accepted but anyone elses not.

Anyway point 2 

There would be no choice if we have the ban and they know the youth Sarri has had and will not have any interest neither would any other outside big name.

34 minutes ago, exiledblue said:

Dont follow your first comment but I was expecting you to come back and be aggressive as you have with everyone, your opinion should be accepted but anyone elses not.

Well I have just said you are in denial of the facts and created another myth to justify yourself, so I am not surprised you don't understand my point.

36 minutes ago, exiledblue said:

There would be no choice if we have the ban and they know the youth Sarri has had and will not have any interest neither would any other outside big name.

First we have about 40 adult players who are on our books and have recently been part of our first team squads.
Secondly a ban this year is unlikely, but for the sake of argument we can let that go.
So there is plenty of scope to play teams with fewer young players that Sarri has used.  Plenty of choice - too much.