• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

I personally do not see how Sarri is here next season at this point. From all reports he has both Inter and Juve sniffing all over him and he has hardly made a bond with the club. For me, it appears that it will be a handshake and thanks but it just did not work sort of thing and everyone walks away richer.

However, that leaves us needing a new manger yet again.

My opinion is that it will be Allegri, for me as soon as I saw he had left Juve I thought it had us written all over it. Personally, I am a bit "meh" on him as he does not really have any stand out qualities but I can see us thinking he will do us for a year or two as he does know how to organise a side and he is very low maintaince.

If Sarri does leave then he was quite a large gamble considering we bought Jorginho in with him at £58M. His agent has said that no team in Italy would be able to afford his wages and so will most likely remain here regardless of what happens to Sarri.

Leo91   

Sarri is getting well paid, he's testing himself in the best league in Europe at the moment amongst the elite. He doesn't strike me as a man to walk away from a project. Unless he feels he's been backed into a corner and fighting a fight that he's going to lose. The fans are divided, the players aren't motivated enough. It might just be enough to push him out the door. What a big mess.

Sciatika   
8 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

'Pretty Clear"? Based on what? 

Twitter and second rate Internet blogs I think. After all, they have always had the pulse of the club (though they might claim they can't find it).

synavm   

For me, Sarri needs another season to see if he can really get his footballing ideology working. These things don't change overnight. What I really don't want is Lampard in - he is nowhere near ready, and having watched his Derby side at Brighton in the Cup, tactically he has a lot to learn - very good first season all told, but that doesn't make him ready to take on a CL side in just his second season. The guy is a total hero to me and I don't want that status tarnished by a failed managerial stint. 

49 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

Twitter and second rate Internet blogs I think. After all, they have always had the pulse of the club (though they might claim they can't find it).

This would seem about right.

8 minutes ago, synavm said:

For me, Sarri needs another season to see if he can really get his footballing ideology working. These things don't change overnight.

Spot on. look, there were times this season when he made you wonder (and not in a good way), but at the end of the day, he did pretty well imo.

8 minutes ago, synavm said:

What I really don't want is Lampard in - he is nowhere near ready, and having watched his Derby side at Brighton in the Cup, tactically he has a lot to learn - very good first season all told, but that doesn't make him ready to take on a CL side in just his second season. The guy is a total hero to me and I don't want that status tarnished by a failed managerial stint. 

Have to agree. Too early by half. 

2 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

Have to agree. Too early by half. 

Actually, too early by about three quarters IMO.