• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Kezza   

Lampard for Chelsea as this stage will be nonsense. Does he even play a distinctly attacking philosophy? I hope we give this attacking and possession football philosophy we have now with Sarri at least for one or two more seasons. The philosophy at this club needs to change and it won't happen if we keep changing coaches and even bringing in one that is unproven. Pep and Klopp took a few seasons to stamp their style and authority over their clubs. Why can't we do the same?

43 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I think we let Thorgan Hazard go for the same reason they just let the third brother go .

Spite .

Big bro going , well then we've no need for any of you .

I think we took on the third brother, Kylian, as a favour because while he played 29 games for the Hungarian club he was at in his first year, he only got 5 starts in his second.  After a year he or we found a Belgium club, Cercle Brugge to loan him to, and after a year they have taken him on permanently - something that should also please the Hazard family.

Thorgan signed permanently for the club he was already on loan to 4 years ago.  Hewas also taken on as a favour to the family, sent on loan as a favour to the family, and allowed to move permanently after 12 months as a favour for the family (though we did pocked an £8m profit).

I have no doubt that RA will allow Eden to move on if he really wants to, as well.  The club have always been very decent like that.

Any news on the CAS appeal? I am starting to get the feeling that the club are actually considering giving SFL the job and thinking that the youth/loan players will be enough. 

1 minute ago, Conte Kante said:

Any news on the CAS appeal? I am starting to get the feeling that the club are actually considering giving SFL the job and thinking that the youth/loan players will be enough. 

Yes, there is a sense of that going around. Particularly with Jody involved as well. He obviously knows all of the academy and youth team players well and having the 2 of them in charge at a time when we're not able to sign players could have the silver lining benefit of forcing us to change our historical approach to one where we produce our own players.

It's a very intriguing and exciting prospect if it comes true, but it is something of a risk of course and, if Sarri does end up seeing his season end with us in 3rd place and winning the Europa, as well as only losing the League Cup on pens to City, then he'd be entitled to feel hard done by I think.

Mind you, it seems that it may well be the case that he actually wants to take an offer from his own country anyway.

Yes, once tomorrow's play-off final and our Europa final are done and dusted then a lot will become clear, including confirmation of Eden's decision.

46 minutes ago, Conte Kante said:

I think timing of the CAS appeal is crucial. As late an appeal as possible will limit their ability to schedule the hearings. As I understand the process, whilst the appeal is applied for and pending the hearing the transfer ban is removed. 

Which then should give us one window to operate in. This is what the Spanish teams did. 

The above assumes we want to appeal the ban, although every statement the club has made regarding it have stated they strongly refute the findings.

jones   

I think we are taking the ban this summer, to go for Lampard+youth. Build a new foundation on our only competitive advantage (world’s best academy). Cech in as DoF fits that bill perfectly. Big strategic change if so, Lampard certainly will be given time and will not have the same tough expectations as previous managers. 

Makes sense to me, think it is our best option going forward. If we succeed with it, it is a brilliant move. If we fail, we can always revert to hire-fire strategy. Not too much risk considering the transfer ban is already there and a big challenge regardless of when it comes in to play. Might as well use it as an opportunity to give chances to the top talent that are breaking through at the moment.

Edited by jones

BlueFizz   
1 hour ago, East Lower said:

I think timing of the CAS appeal is crucial. As late an appeal as possible will limit their ability to schedule the hearings. As I understand the process, whilst the appeal is applied for and pending the hearing the transfer ban is removed. 

Which then should give us one window to operate in. This is what the Spanish teams did. 

The above assumes we want to appeal the ban, although every statement the club has made regarding it have stated they strongly refute the findings.

From what I’ve read, I believe we are waiting for the written explanation from FIFA, explaining while our appeal to them failed.

Our lawyers cannot make an appeal to CAS without having examined this FIFA explanation in detail. It will be key to their counter-arguments.

The delay is the time FIFA are taking to provide the written explanation.

Edited by BlueFizz

You would like to think that any lawyer worth his salt could have argued the immediate ban away as punishing the club twice by not allowing any time to plan for it particularly where by all accounts we , guided by our own federation believed we were not doing anything underhand .

BlueFizz   
18 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

You would like to think that any lawyer worth his salt could have argued the immediate ban away as punishing the club twice by not allowing any time to plan for it particularly where by all accounts we , guided by our own federation believed we were not doing anything underhand .

You would like to think that, but that’s about ‘moral justice’ not sports law. No lawyer worth her or his salt will do anything until they have that FIFA explanation.

1 hour ago, East Lower said:

37 minutes ago, BlueFizz said:

From what I’ve read, I believe we are waiting for the written explanation from FIFA, explaining while our appeal to them failed.

Our lawyers cannot make an appeal to CAS without having examined this FIFA explanation in detail. It will be key to their counter-arguments.

The delay is the time FIFA are taking to provide the written explanation.

This all makes a lot of sense.
Whereas SFL as manager now; ditching Sarri; relying on the youth; taking the ban up front; all seem like wishful thinking based on some distorted ideas.

The club has long been well managed, I don't see that changing now.