• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Marina trying to get money for Sarri from Juve...

But the odds are we want him gone anyway, so why not do a deal where he just  walks away to Juve without any compensation, and they don't need to pay us

BlueFizz   
21 minutes ago, Never happy said:

Marina trying to get money for Sarri from Juve...

But the odds are we want him gone anyway, so why not do a deal where he just  walks away to Juve without any compensation, and they don't need to pay us

Sources?

1 hour ago, jones said:

I think we are taking the ban this summer, to go for Lampard+youth. Build a new foundation on our only competitive advantage (world’s best academy). Cech in as DoF fits that bill perfectly. Big strategic change if so, Lampard certainly will be given time and will not have the same tough expectations as previous managers. 

Makes sense to me, think it is our best option going forward. If we succeed with it, it is a brilliant move. If we fail, we can always revert to hire-fire strategy. Not too much risk considering the transfer ban is already there and a big challenge regardless of when it comes in to play. Might as well use it as an opportunity to give chances to the top talent that are breaking through at the moment.

Yes,. Makes sense to me.

I'm not saying it's definitely the best or fairest way forward and I've already said that Sarri might well argue that he's done well for us this year, given our achievements. However, bearing in mind the transfer ban and the other facts that you mention here, I agree that it does seem to resemble a coherent, forward looking strategy, despite any associated risks.

2 hours ago, jones said:

Build a new foundation on our only competitive advantage (world’s best academy).

?????    Surely we have a pretty lousy Academy given the money we spend on it and the lack of throughput into real product - transfer fees and value of first team squad usage.
Especially if you take a strict definition of what the Academy has done as opposed to young players who spent almost all their time at other Academies or on loan (Bertrand).

Southampton's Academy in the last 15 years has been excellent (and they have made probably more use of our Academy than we have).  
Everton, Liverpool and Man U' have all been better are generating real product as opposed to youth titles than us.

Just a nugget - Jack Cork has played 80 PL games for Swansea.  Do we have any Chelsea Academy product post RA who has played 80 PL games for us?
Christensen (arrived at 16) has 36.    RLC has 46 (of which just 12 starts).

We kid ourselves about the Academy.  I recall a few years ago we took on a Man U released an 18 yo CH simply because we had a weakness in that area and wanted to be competitive.  We win youth trophies because we have so many players and no weaknesses.  But very few stars.

With Aston Villa promoted another loan there for Tammy is surely the best option for his development. With Giroud getting another year I can't see us relying on Tammy fighting it out with him as first choice and I can't see Tammy or Giroud being third choice. The unlikely event we accept the ban this summer could change that.

20 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

^Poor Marina.  Now she will be blamed for Sarri not going to Juventus.  .

She won't she's made of Teflon , nothing ever sticks .

9 hours ago, Lump Of Celery said:

With Aston Villa promoted another loan there for Tammy is surely the best option for his development. With Giroud getting another year I can't see us relying on Tammy fighting it out with him as first choice and I can't see Tammy or Giroud being third choice. The unlikely event we accept the ban this summer could change that.

Why would Tammy be fighting it out against Giroud? I'd have thought that there were plenty of games (and game time) for both next season?