• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

jangz   

It really is odd to see how the big 3 (RM, Barca, Bayern) get away with so much tapping up of players. Right from media campaigns to actual agent tapping.. Not that I want us to do that.. but it just shows how biased the entire UEFA set up is.. The ban that got postponed for Barca and not for us stinks of hypocrisy..  I really hope that RM crash and burn again this season...

I think the best thing that happened for Football was when PSG shoved one up Barca's with Neymar..  which they wasted on Coutinho...

4 hours ago, jangz said:

It really is odd to see how the big 3 (RM, Barca, Bayern) get away with so much tapping up of players. Right from media campaigns to actual agent tapping.. Not that I want us to do that.. but it just shows how biased the entire UEFA set up is.. The ban that got postponed for Barca and not for us stinks of hypocrisy..  I really hope that RM crash and burn again this season...

I'm pretty sure that agent tapping goes on all the time.  Indeed isn't it only direct contact with players that is banned, which makes agent tapping legal.  I am sure that happens at all levels of the game.
Media campaign I think is largely the product of agents, not clubs (and we know very often it is just made up by the media).  If we take the BM/CHO story.  Yes some staff at BM were interviewed and they were asked if they are interested in young players across Europe, and were asked specifically whether they had looked at CHO - yes we have looked and he is the sort of player we want.
It was a pretty non-committal answer, of the kind that might suggest that CHO was on their long list, but not their short list.  
But the reason that message took off was the stream of off the record comments that CHO's family was giving to the media.  

Edited by Droy was my hero

xCELERYx   

Torino have confirmed that they will exercise their €10m option to buy Chelsea full-back Ola Aina.

Aina played 32 times for Torino, scoring one goal and providing three assists as the Granata finished the season on 63 points – a new club record since Serie A went to three points for a win.

“He’s done well, we’ll send Chelsea a letter stating that we will exercise our option to buy him,” President Urbano Cairo told Sky Sport Italia.

However, the 22-year-old signed a new contract with Chelsea before joining Toro last summer, suggesting the Blues have a counter-option.

6 minutes ago, xCELERYx said:

However, the 22-year-old signed a new contract with Chelsea before joining Toro last summer, suggesting the Blues have a counter-option.

The 22-year-old has played 29 times for the Granata this season, helping them into Serie A’s top six with just four games remaining.

The newspaper adds Chelsea will send Davide Zappacosta back to Italy this summer, while there are ‘doubts’ over the future of fellow defenders Emerson Palmieri and Marcos Alonso.

Aina – who has also been linked with Fiorentina – would effectively replace any of the three.

So Aina to replace any of the three players brought in from Italy....
Doesn't say much for the Italian scout.

Curious, not that I believe a word Italian media print.

Not seen anything of Aina this season to know if €10m is a good deal or not. However, I cannot see us selling Zappa, Emerson and Alonso. At most two of three go but that is presuming that the ban gets lifted. 

Edited by Conte Kante

xCELERYx   
2 minutes ago, Conte Kante said:

Not seen anything of Aina this season to know if €10m is a good deal or not. However, I cannot see us selling Zappa, Emerson and Alonso. At most two of three go but that is presuming that the ban gets lifted. 

He's been pretty solid overall after a pretty rough start to the season and predominantly featured at LWB, with a handful of appearances out on the right. Took time to settle into Italian football but gradually grew more comfortable. Still a few indifferent performances at times, but enough promise to warrant Torino taking up their option. 

Pretty cheap in this days market, so Torino are getting a solid deal in that regard.

jangz   
8 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Yes some staff at BM were interviewed and they were asked if they are interested in young players across Europe, and were asked specifically whether they had looked at CHO - yes we have looked and he is the sort of player we want.
It was a pretty non-committal answer, of the kind that might suggest that CHO was on their long list, but not their short list.  
But the reason that message took off was the stream of off the record comments that CHO's family was giving to the media.  

See that is where u disagree .. because it was not spend stuff it was the top hierarchy at the club.. both with Perez talking about hazard and bayern talking about CHO.. and they know what they are trying to do.. is drive a media frenzy to unsettle the player.. my point is none of the English clubs typically do that.. 

1 hour ago, jangz said:

See that is where u disagree .. because it was not spend stuff it was the top hierarchy at the club.. both with Perez talking about hazard and bayern talking about CHO.. and they know what they are trying to do.. is drive a media frenzy to unsettle the player.. my point is none of the English clubs typically do that.. 

https://www.managingmadrid.com/2019/5/28/18641902/full-florentino-perez-interview-quotes-on-ramos-lopetegui-hazard-odegaard-more

Both Bayern on CHO and Perez on Hazard were tiny comments that were part of long interviews (Perez interview above).  In full there is no real commitment to get Hazard, and admitting that they were interested a year ago is hardly news.  The "Dream" is more about a new RM with new players than about Hazard.
I think it is more about a highly competitive clickbait UK media which loves to google translate every interview in another language to try and get a 5 min start over everyone else.