• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

1 minute ago, Michael Tucker said:

^^^^^^^

Of course it may prove to be accurate, but then it is The Mail.......:).

Maybe inaccurate.  If he had 4 years left and was currently on low wages it would be £115m but not 400k a week.
With 1 year left 400k a week is probably but I doubt they pay more than £30m.

But of course the true figures may well be disguised.  I'm pretty sure that Hazard's starting bonuses at RM will all get paid by us, and they will add that to the fee to make it look good for all.
We aren't going to get rich by selling Hazard at 28.

jangz   
7 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

https://www.managingmadrid.com/2019/5/28/18641902/full-florentino-perez-interview-quotes-on-ramos-lopetegui-hazard-odegaard-more

Both Bayern on CHO and Perez on Hazard were tiny comments that were part of long interviews (Perez interview above).  In full there is no real commitment to get Hazard, and admitting that they were interested a year ago is hardly news.  The "Dream" is more about a new RM with new players than about Hazard.
I think it is more about a highly competitive clickbait UK media which loves to google translate every interview in another language to try and get a 5 min start over everyone else.

in most cases I would agree with you Droy.. but on this one the below quotes sound disrespectful to us for me--

“I have a dream that Hazard will arrive this year. Let’s make a good team this year. I have a lot of interest in Hazard coming to Madrid. He’s one of the great footballers. Last year we wanted him, but this year he only has one year left on his contract and it is easier.”

1 hour ago, jangz said:

in most cases I would agree with you Droy.. but on this one the below quotes sound disrespectful to us for me--

Really? Why? This stuff has been going on for 2 seasons, or more. At least he's being honest (which is a bit of a change for RM).

Kezza   

Not too fussed at all if Hazard goes. He's been going for a few seasons now and we need to play better without depending on him. Our team plays can be much better without him.

17 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Maybe inaccurate.  If he had 4 years left and was currently on low wages it would be £115m but not 400k a week.
With 1 year left 400k a week is probably but I doubt they pay more than £30m.

But of course the true figures may well be disguised.  I'm pretty sure that Hazard's starting bonuses at RM will all get paid by us, and they will add that to the fee to make it look good for all.
We aren't going to get rich by selling Hazard at 28.

No.

Bison   
15 hours ago, Kezza said:

Not too fussed at all if Hazard goes. He's been going for a few seasons now and we need to play better without depending on him. Our team plays can be much better without him.

What happens when our team play continues to be awful and we don't have a world class talent to make magic out of nothing?

gtiboy   
4 hours ago, Bison said:

What happens when our team play continues to be awful and we don't have a world class talent to make magic out of nothing?

That's when we will struggle, the board's failure to add more world class players to compliment Hazard, means that when we play against compact teams that like to defend deep, then we will have no answer to breaking those defenses down. Bad enough we let Fabregas go and crazy to think over the last few years we've also lost Costa, Matic and Courtois, losing that spine Mourinho built. This club has no direction other that cutting costs and failure to negotiate transfer deals properly. 

This team unfortunately can no longer compete for the title unless considerable investment is made in bringing the best talent from around the world, like we used to back in the early Abramovich era.

Edited by gtiboy

56 minutes ago, gtiboy said:

That's when we will struggle, the board's failure to add more world class players to compliment Hazard, means that when we play against compact teams that like to defend deep, then we will have no answer to breaking those defenses down. Bad enough we let Fabregas go and crazy to think over the last few years we've also lost Costa, Matic and Courtois, losing that spine Mourinho built. This club has no direction other that cutting costs and failure to negotiate transfer deals properly. 

This team unfortunately can no longer compete for the title unless considerable investment is made in bringing the best talent from around the world, like we used to back in the early Abramovich era.

Been vocal here about thinking Fabregas was underused and should have finished his contract, and also about a certain manager screwing up the Costa situation but even I have to concede that we haven't hugely suffered from losing any of those players and that none have done anything since leaving that suggested we'd made huge mistakes. Strong argument to be made that all were let go and good times, both financially and in football terms.

We haven't been able to 'compete' in the same way as when Roman arrived for about a decade, but have still won trophies on an almost annual basis.

paulw66   
1 hour ago, gtiboy said:

We haven't replaced Costa, agreed. 

Matic was never that good, and that is starting to dawn on those at OT. 

courtois has been replaced by a better GK 

19 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Matic was never that good, and that is starting to dawn on those at OT. 

QFT - actually I think they have known it from the start.  McTominay is a lot better.