• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

2 hours ago, Conte Kante said:

I really do not think we are even going to appeal to CAS as surely by now we would have heard something.

Personally, I think the opposite.  If we were not going to appeal then I'd imagine the club would have already decided and released a statement. 

I think the timing of our appeal to CAS is absolutely key, hence why we haven't yet lodged it, the international transfer window hasn't even opened yet, so maybe the club felt there was no point rushing through the appeal.

15 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Pretty much agree with the approach.

I'd add Emerson and Pedro to the players we need to upgrade on (assuming Hazard goes).
But clearly we can't bring in 6 top players in just the one window.  4 would be great.

In which case I'd say that Pulisic/Pedro and Luiz as CB1 are probably the best candidates for starting roles, and we should concentrate on LB, CM8, AM1 and Striker this summer.

Depth really isn't an issue as you make clear.  In fact we really need to get rid of a lot of players still registered with us, irrespective of the ban.

If no plan to appeal, then certainly there would already have been a statement from the club.
The only situation in which the club would not have made a statement now is one where an appeal is planned.

I hope you are right Droy. If so, I agree with you. It will need to have us focus on CF, AM, CM8 (as an absolute must) then LB . The question however is if we have the money, as the type of players we need are Icardi (think he will actually go this summer and rumours are circulating that Inter want Morara), Courtinho/Bale (could maybe get a loan) Havartz and Chilwell. However, that lot would be an incredible summer the likes of which has not been seen since the mid-00's.

BlueFizz   
24 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Personally, I think the opposite.  If we were not going to appeal then I'd imagine the club would have already decided and released a statement. 

I think the timing of our appeal to CAS is absolutely key, hence why we haven't yet lodged it, the international transfer window hasn't even opened yet, so maybe the club felt there was no point rushing through the appeal.

Last thing I read, in a decent broadsheet, was that we were waiting for the written explanation from FIFA as to why they rejected our appeal to them.

Arguing against this will be the basis of our appeal to CAS.

We may still be waiting for the FIFA documentation or have it and our preparing our case. This isn’t something you rush if you want the best chance of success. 

Ham   

Perhaps, and because the FA have also been charged, we have a strong case for having complied with them and that only our FA should be charged for potentially not having their set of rules in sync with FIFA?

Maybe that will be the basis of our appeal. 

Just thinking out loud. Anyone got any specifics on why the FA were specifically charged?

After all, LA Liga weren't charged. Is our case different, in which case previous precedents would not apply and so we'd have every right in the meantime to have a stay of execution. 

Edited by Ham

BlueFizz   
7 hours ago, Ham said:

Perhaps, and because the FA have also been charged, we have a strong case for having complied with them and that only our FA should be charged for potentially not having their set of rules in sync with FIFA?

Maybe that will be the basis of our appeal. 

Just thinking out loud. Anyone got any specifics on why the FA were specifically charged?

After all, LA Liga weren't charged. Is our case different, in which case previous precedents would not apply and so we'd have every right in the meantime to have a stay of execution. 

I think we will probably be focusing on two aspects:

1. The youth players in question were invited to play in unofficial trial games and therefore did not represent Chelsea - I think this is what the FA advised us was permissible.

2. Even if not the case, our right to sign players this summer must stand until all appeals are complete - as was the case in the past with Real and Barca - therefore CAS will rule we can sign during this window while they review the case in detail. 

This second point gives us the summer and any bans would run from next winter window onwards.

Kezza   

Is there any point of appealing? Unless we are going to sign some worthy players. I think the club wanna try the next manager with the same set of players.

paulw66   
5 minutes ago, Kezza said:

Is there any point of appealing? Unless we are going to sign some worthy players. I think the club wanna try the next manager with the same set of players.

You're not serious?

By the time the PL starts again, we will have lost Hazard, and be left with the following forwards:

Pedro (32), Willian (31), Giroud (33 in September), possibly Higuain (31) and CHO (18 and injured) and Pulisic (20)........not a single forward in their 20s. We need to sign at least 2, possibly 3 depending on who stays

Our midfield contains Jorginho, Kante, Barkley, RLC (injured) and Kovacic. ........4 fit players for 3 positions (if Kovacic stays). Woefully short. 

• Like 1

Zidane   
21 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Dream of Hazard being unmotivated for 19/20, and leaving on a free next year? 

Kezza   
29 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

At this point I just wished Eden gets his move and leave. He deserved a club with a vision and ambition and to play with some of the newest most exciting players today for a reputable manager. What have we got to offer him? A new manager who will be sacked in 12 months? Bakayoko and Higuain? 

I think he's done enough service for us. Even tended to feel that he may have given us a chance to see if things changed in the last year as he delayed a contract extension. A chance to see if the club shows ambition in players acquisition and stability to stick to a certain philosphy and manager. I think he's had enough and rightly so.

Edited by Kezza