• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Zidane   
1 minute ago, Conte Kante said:

This is all fine and dandy but we cannot replace him and for the past two seasons our whole attacking strategy has been, give it to Hazard and hope he produces some magic. For me, we now have no goals in us whatsoever. At the rate this is going we will be having Morata running around up front next season as he has a call back. 

This is true only as long as we don't invest the Hazard funds in a few other players capable of scoring and assisting. I'd love for us to go back to the days where we didn't rely on one single player to chip in with goals and assists, frankly (no pun intended).

1 minute ago, Conte Kante said:

At the rate this is going we will be having Morata running around up front next season as he has a call back. 

Given the comments that have come from Morata today I would say there is 0 chance of him being welcomed back. Pathetic wimp blaming his teammates, the fans, managers, basically everyone at the club for his terrible form.

Dingus   
2 minutes ago, Conte Kante said:

This is all fine and dandy but we cannot replace him and for the past two seasons our whole attacking strategy has been, give it to Hazard and hope he produces some magic. For me, we now have no goals in us whatsoever. At the rate this is going we will be having Morata running around up front next season as he has a call back. 

I’ve been preparing for him to go for years.

I’ve saying that we needed top quality players to compliment Hazard for the last few years and got repeatedly told that we didn’t and we’d be fine with what we have with Willian and Pedro and signing the likes of Drinkwater.

So now Hazard is gone and we will suffer the consequences of a poor transfer strategy. I’ve made my peace with it.

bert19   
1 minute ago, Lump Of Celery said:

Given the comments that have come from Morata today I would say there is 0 chance of him being welcomed back. Pathetic wimp blaming his teammates, the fans, managers, basically everyone at the club for his terrible form.

My guess is that they'll keep him anyway given Griezmann and Costa are going.  

Just now, bert19 said:

My guess is that they'll keep him anyway given Griezmann and Costa are going.  

I kind of hope they don't so that he has to live a miserable existence elsewhere outside of Madrid

11 minutes ago, Lump Of Celery said:

https://www.goal.com/en/news/morata-lifts-lid-on-his-chelsea-hell-pleads-with-atletico-to/1va1509gfwz1w1fi0ho8lhzj00

The whole interview in context isn't that bad IMO.  But I can certainly see how hacks will lift half sentences out of that and make it look awful.

1 hour ago, Lump Of Celery said:

And that’s probably exactly why he’s allowed them to be published, namely to make a return back into our club far more difficult for the club. 

It will also make negotiating as high a transfer fee as would be possible more difficult for us. Again all part of his and possibly A. Madrid’s overall plan. 

I’d take him back, he can face the players (they’ll see these comments) for a while and loan/sell him to as least desirable place as is possible. 

Glaring example of poor recruiting and profiling. 

11 minutes ago, East Lower said:

Glaring example of poor recruiting and profiling.

100% this. "Lets spend a fortune on a striker that historically doesnt score goals."

What could possibly go wrong?

1 hour ago, The Psycho Pianist said:

So according to SSN and other sources we've accepted £88m rising to £130m with add-ons. Not too bad, assuming the add-ons are achievable within a reasonable time. Namely the full season where we aren't able to buy anyone to replace him.

£130m (equivalent to €146m) is what Sky suggested was what we wanted for Hazard, so given we seem to have got a more realistic £88m (€100m) I think them suggesting "rising to £130m" is just Sky attempting to claim they were right from the start.

1 hour ago, Lump Of Celery said:

Pathetic wimp blaming his teammates, the fans, managers, basically everyone at the club for his terrible form.

Written all over his face and his body language from day 1. It was all over long before he burst into tears for scoring a goal against the mighty footballing juggernaut that is Mol Vidi.

• Like 1