• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Just out of interest, does everyone agree that if we get the ban lifted that our priorities should be the following positions, in order of importance: CF, No.8, AM, LB, CB? 

I only ask as it seems a lot to ask for and I am interested to see what everyone else thinks. 

Edited by Conte Kante

25 minutes ago, Conte Kante said:

Just out of interest, does everyone agree that if we get the ban lifted that our priorities should be the following positions, in order of importance: CF, No.8, AM, LB, CB? 

I only ask as it seems a lot to ask for and I am interested to see what everyone else thinks. 

A CF is a must, and perhaps a LB if Alonso really wants to leave. CB I think we are healthy and stocked with Luiz, Rudiger, Christensen, Zouma and Tomori. 

Rob B   
36 minutes ago, Conte Kante said:

Probably a bit nit-picky, but I’d have an AM before a no.8 because we have RLC, Barkley and Mount there  (that’s not to say an upgrade shouldn’t be on the list though) 

Ham   

I'm not sure we need an upgrade on RLC or Barkley. I'd be interested to see what both can do under a new coach.  

RLC is an excellent player. His only downside is his fitness. Barkley really impresses me for England. He was very good the other day and his errant back pass was the result of an unexpected hospital pass from Stones. 

CF is an absolute must. 

3 hours ago, Alan Conway said:

A CF is a must, and perhaps a LB if Alonso really wants to leave. CB I think we are healthy and stocked with Luiz, Rudiger, Christensen, Zouma and Tomori. 

I cannot see Tomori here at CB as he gives too many chances away and is not great, even at Champo level, dealing with high balls. For me, he only comes back if he coverts into a Ivanovic type RB.

As for Zouma, I like him but is reading of the game (which is somewhat hidden by his excellent recovery tackling) and his passing makes me feel he may just not be what we need especially as we could get £35m+ for him. That said, I totally agree that CB of the positions listed is the least needed. 

2 hours ago, Rob B said:

Probably a bit nit-picky, but I’d have an AM before a no.8 because we have RLC, Barkley and Mount there  (that’s not to say an upgrade shouldn’t be on the list though) 

Yeah, I toyed with which position but went with the No.8 first owing to the serious lack of control we had in CM through the course of the season (although AM does now have a Hazard shaped hole tbf).

As for our current options, I am not a fan of Barkley. I think he is a good bench choice, especially as he is HG but that is about it. As for Mount, I can see him ending up deeper than No.8 as his best qualities are reading the game and passing. In time, I reckon he may end up in a Jorgi role, although due to his age he may improve his shooting and running tbf. That said, I see him as a player that is still a year or two away before he should be back. As for RLC, some reports say that he will not be back until the end of next season with others saying the NY; either way, both mean he cannot be relied upon for 2019/20 if true. 

Edited by Conte Kante

3 hours ago, Conte Kante said:

If the ban gets suspended for a (short) period, you'd assume that the club already has a list of priorities - well, at least you'd hope so. Obviously I don't know who those targets are likely to be, but we can also utilise our own players who have (successfully)been out on loan this season, such as Abraham, Zouma, Baba Rahman, Ola Aina, and Batshuayi (not all of them, but some of them at least). Probably we could also get more out of Ampadu and Tomori. 

8 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

If the ban gets suspended for a (short) period, you'd assume that the club already has a list of priorities - well, at least you'd hope so. Obviously I don't know who those targets are likely to be, but we can also utilise our own players who have (successfully)been out on loan this season, such as Abraham, Zouma, Baba Rahman, Ola Aina, and Batshuayi (not all of them, but some of them at least). Probably we could also get more out of Ampadu and Tomori. 

I forget we still have Baba Rahman in our books. What’s his form been like out on loan? Could he be a serious replacement for Alonso if he were to leave? 

36 minutes ago, Alan Conway said:

I forget we still have Baba Rahman in our books. What’s his form been like out on loan? Could he be a serious replacement for Alonso if he were to leave? 

I'm happy to be wrong and I have not seen him play for 3 years,  but from his previous displays here , I cannot imagine him developing into anything like a premier league player. I thought he was MILES out of his depth.