• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

38 minutes ago, Alan Conway said:

I forget we still have Baba Rahman in our books. What’s his form been like out on loan? Could he be a serious replacement for Alonso if he were to leave? 

He's only played 2400 minutes of club football since he last played for us. Reading the loan reports he was in and out of the Reims team last season when he got around half those minutes. Given Alonso was one of the best left wing backs in the league for two of the last three seasons the answer to your last question is probably a resounding no. According to Transfermarket Rahmans contract expires at the end of the month anyway, if that's inaccurate it will be next summer so likely to leave for nothing either way.

50 minutes ago, Lump Of Celery said:

He's only played 2400 minutes of club football since he last played for us. Reading the loan reports he was in and out of the Reims team last season when he got around half those minutes. Given Alonso was one of the best left wing backs in the league for two of the last three seasons the answer to your last question is probably a resounding no. According to Transfermarket Rahmans contract expires at the end of the month anyway, if that's inaccurate it will be next summer so likely to leave for nothing either way.

That’s fair enough mate, thought he had fallen off the radar somewhere. Some noises making the rounds that Alonso is interested in going back to Spain. 

1 hour ago, Never happy said:

Keep being linked to courtinho, rather go for Zaha be a lot cheaper

A few things with this. First, is that Palace do not want to sell and do not have to sell, especially with it being likely that they will try to sell Wan Bissaka to Utd for £45m+. Second is that Zaha because of this would cost serious money, like £100m. Lastly, Courtinho could probably be had on loan and with our issues elsewhere would allow us more money in those areas, while we can then see how it goes with Courtinho. Personally, I have never been a fan of Courtinho's but would be happy to have him on loan if it means more money goes to other areas of the squad. 

1 hour ago, Alan Conway said:

I forget we still have Baba Rahman in our books. What’s his form been like out on loan? Could he be a serious replacement for Alonso if he were to leave? 

He was injured again for most of the season and then had a good end. He comes into Van Ginkle territory in that he would probably be an ok squad player but injuries mean he cannot be relied upon.

Edited by Conte Kante

32 minutes ago, Alan Conway said:

That’s fair enough mate, thought he had fallen off the radar somewhere. Some noises making the rounds that Alonso is interested in going back to Spain. 

Yes I saw he was linked with Atletico, he is from Madrid so I imagine he may be interested. Whether or not we should let him go depends on whether we get a new manager and what system they wish to play, what we could get for him, and of course whether or not we will be able to sign players. So many unknowns atm for us on here to know what to do with ins and outs. The club hopefully know what is happening and are planning for it appropriately.

Edit - Aina probably the best option from current staff as a LB replacement but still think we are best cashing in on him.

Edited by Lump Of Celery

1 hour ago, Lump Of Celery said:

Yes I saw he was linked with Atletico, he is from Madrid so I imagine he may be interested. Whether or not we should let him go depends on whether we get a new manager and what system they wish to play, what we could get for him, and of course whether or not we will be able to sign players. So many unknowns atm for us on here to know what to do with ins and outs. The club hopefully know what is happening and are planning for it appropriately.

Edit - Aina probably the best option from current staff as a LB replacement but still think we are best cashing in on him.

Regarding Aina... it seems that following his loan there, Turin are keen to take up the option to buy (somewhere around the €8m-€10m mark)

There's also talk of Sarri wanting to bring Emerson with him (papers even suggesting that Juve would prefer to add Sarri's buy-out clause to his transfer and not pay directly for us to release Sarri... I imagine some FFP accountancy reasoning behind that?) If we are unable to register new players, I can't see us selling both of our left backs.

2 hours ago, Lump Of Celery said:

I think if we get the ban lifted we will see one of Emerson or Alonso go with Emerson off to Juve or Alonso off to Atleti. For me, after that we should be looking at Telles (who I have just discovered has a €40m buyout) or Chillwell (would be a risk but has a lot of potential.) 

2 hours ago, Bob Singleton said:

Regarding Aina... it seems that following his loan there, Turin are keen to take up the option to buy (somewhere around the €8m-€10m mark)

There's also talk of Sarri wanting to bring Emerson with him (papers even suggesting that Juve would prefer to add Sarri's buy-out clause to his transfer and not pay directly for us to release Sarri... I imagine some FFP accountancy reasoning behind that?) If we are unable to register new players, I can't see us selling both of our left backs.

I think they've changed tack now , looking to not pay for Sarri by taking his fee out of the loan fee we owe them for Higuain .

22 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I think they've changed tack now , looking to not pay for Sarri by taking his fee out of the loan fee we owe them for Higuain .

You mean we're paying for Higuain???  😉 😉 😉

1 hour ago, Conte Kante said:

I think if we get the ban lifted we will see one of Emerson or Alonso go with Emerson off to Juve or Alonso off to Atleti. For me, after that we should be looking at Telles (who I have just discovered has a €40m buyout) or Chillwell (would be a risk but has a lot of potential.) 

Jay da Silva?

17 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

You mean we're paying for Higuain???  😉 😉 😉

In burgers I think...