• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

BlueFizz   
11 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Woops 🙊

Would rather Sarri stayed for another season tbh.

Too soon for Frank and maybe Steve Holland and don't want anyone else atm especially TFSW. Jose? No no no.

The merry go round has to stop for a short while surely?

Agree - but if Sarri initiates a move will we stop him?

I’d have Frank with a wise older head - Holland or similar. I’d also take the Ajax coach.

Sciatika   

A bit left field, but how about the return of di Matteo?

33 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

A bit left field, but how about the return of di Matteo?

What does he do now?

14 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Back in December 1972, when you could just turn up at any tiny football ground in London and get in to see the biggest clubs just by getting there an hour before kickoff.
Palace 5,  Man U 0.  Mulligan and Cooke playing for Palace, Tambling not picked.   But the star then was Don Rogers, who'd signed that summer after scoring 147 goals in lower divisions for Swindon.  Looked amazing in this game.
Pala got relegated that season.  In their 4 consecutive top tier seasons they had never been higher than 18th (out of 22).
cpfc-vs-manchester-united-lineups-1972.jpg?itok=KxrS1pmg 

As it happens, I was at that match. I had an Irish mate who was a mad United supporter. Chelsea was playing away that day (can't remember against who), and he suggested that I go along with him to watch the game. We were stood behind the goal, and as each goal went in, he got angrier, and angrier - suggesting we leave about half-way through the second half! I was enjoying myself, so we ended up staying until the bitter end....:).  Worse was to follow as we waited for the train - platform was filled with very angry United supporters who  were threatening to everybody, and thrashing each train as it pulled into the platform. The police then turned up with their dogs, and it was on for young and old! I enjoyed  my pint back in Bromley, safe and sound. I never went to the football with my mate, again, that's for sure.......:)

synavm   

A Steve Holland/Frank Lampard combo might not be so bad. I'm very concerned about Frank doing it on his own, though. He has to build up some experience as a coach. 

bert19   
8 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

As it happens, I was at that match. 

Michael, could you clear something up for me please?  

Was it as fun seeing United getting battered back then as it is when they get battered these days? :-)

chara   
25 minutes ago, bert19 said:

Michael, could you clear something up for me please?  

Was it as fun seeing United getting battered back then as it is when they get battered these days? :-)

I'd like to know as well!

Thanks Michael for the clip...couple of points reference how things have changed..first off..the pitch...watching players showing skill levels on a cut up pitch..as was normal back then..makes you wonder how players like Ossie and Cookie would have looked on todays manicured carpets!..a change very much for the good I might add.

As you say it was possible back then to go to most games anywhere if Chelsea were away..a change for the worse I think....apart from the cost now it did give a less insular view of the game although tv coverage now makes it possible to watch so much more. Lost is an identification with a ground unless you are able to go to away games but the "enjoyment" watching a game as a neutral(yeah right) is something not many get now I suspect. Always enjoyed going to the odd game at Brentford. Seemed like a walk back in time..meant nicely...and remember seeing Willie Morgan playing there for a team I don't remember...a time ago..

Oh and the players listed in the game ..Ted McDougall!...and one of my alltime favourite oppo players..Dennis Law..oh my....not to mention Cookie but he was one of "ours".  OT cross for Ossie..pure magic lodged in a forever memory.

23 hours ago, BlueFizz said:

Agree - but if Sarri initiates a move will we stop him?

I’d have Frank with a wise older head - Holland or similar. I’d also take the Ajax coach.

I am with you. Given we will have the ban Frank will know more about our youth and those out on loan than most and the idea of the Ajax coach also appeals as he has experience of bringing through the academy players although I dont think he will be ready to leave Ajax so soon.

We are not able to buy so we need someone able to work with what we have in house or on loan.