• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

2 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

Reports that we've turned down £35m for Willian. No brainer. Hazard aside, why would be selling last season's starting 15 with the transfer ban in place? He may not be everyone's favourite player but he is capable of being world class on his day and he rarely goes entirely missing.

I think Willian is one of those players that may take on a more pivotal role now that Hazard is gone. 

We should absolutely not sell him. Rather tie him up on a new two year deal! 

44 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

I think Willian is one of those players that may take on a more pivotal role now that Hazard is gone. 

I agree , I would expect to see a marked improvement from him now he must come out from under Hazards shadow , he's capable of much better than he's shown recently .

chelboy   

So Willian contract expires in 2020. The board are offering a 1 year extension to 2021. I am guessing he wants a 2 year extension to 2022. He is now almost 31. By the time 2022 comes he would be almost 34. It would be crazy to give him a 2 year extension. He could rapidly decline and we could have another Malouda situation. If it was not for the transfer ban either Willian or Pedro should have been moved on this summer. 2021 should be the cut off point at the latest. I would rather lose him on a free next summer than give him a contract until 2022. 

3 hours ago, The_Ghost said:

The clubs attacking style of play cannot change with William in the side. 

If we weren't under a transfer ban we would be crazy not to cash in on him at £35m given his age, contract and output. He won't be worth that next summer so not sure its worth renewing his contract given I'm expecting us to make signings in that position as soon as we can.

Ham   
3 hours ago, chelboy said:

So Willian contract expires in 2020. The board are offering a 1 year extension to 2021. I am guessing he wants a 2 year extension to 2022. He is now almost 31. By the time 2022 comes he would be almost 34. It would be crazy to give him a 2 year extension. He could rapidly decline and we could have another Malouda situation. If it was not for the transfer ban either Willian or Pedro should have been moved on this summer. 2021 should be the cut off point at the latest. I would rather lose him on a free next summer than give him a contract until 2022. 

He's in a very strong negotiation position. Luiz set a new precedent. 

Leo91   

The transfer ban effects everything. Willian would be on his way out any other summer.

3 hours ago, chelboy said:

I think with Willian it would only be a one year 'extension' but a two year contract (ie including the year he already has remaining) As I understand it that is what Luiz signed albeit his contract was expiring this summer so it was a two year extension.

chelboy   
4 hours ago, Lump Of Celery said:

I think with Willian it would only be a one year 'extension' but a two year contract (ie including the year he already has remaining) As I understand it that is what Luiz signed albeit his contract was expiring this summer so it was a two year extension.

Willian contract is expiring in 2020. The club would offer him a 1 year extension to 2021. He is probably trying to sign until 2022. That would be a 3 year contract. He is even cheeky to be asking for that if reports are true. 

We are not in a bad position for negotiations because next summer we can buy again. Luiz, we had no choice because his was expiring this summer. I just hope the board keep a firm stance. 

1 hour ago, chelboy said:

Willian contract is expiring in 2020. The club would offer him a 1 year extension to 2021. He is probably trying to sign until 2022. That would be a 3 year contract. He is even cheeky to be asking for that if reports are true. 

We are not in a bad position for negotiations because next summer we can buy again. Luiz, we had no choice because his was expiring this summer. I just hope the board keep a firm stance. 

My mistake, that is what the article says. Makes absolutely no sense to me. I wouldn't be averse to giving him two years from today in the hope of getting a few quid from him next summer. A bit of experience 20/21 season wouldn't be bad, either Willian or Pedro.