• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

6 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Well it was rapidly resolved in part.  Summer 2019 saw 2 top class arrivals and no permanent bench warmers.  It was almost as though club and manager were talking to each other again.

Summer 2018 saw; Jorgi, Kova, Green and Kepa arrive, which for me did not solve any of our lack of goals and assists outside of Hazard. As I have said elsewhere, Kepa for me was a panic buy on a vastly inflated fee and wage. If people want to differ then fair enough but I will never be convinced that after trying to sign Courtios to a new contract for 18-24 months with no success that buying a keeper with two years La Liga experience and no international/European experience for £71m on a reported £190k a week wage was a proactive buy, especially when he had a well publicised  £18m buy out 6 months prior. As for Kova he is ok but has not resolved the key issue with our CM which for years has been goals or even assists. I am also not certain he would be been brought were it not for the ban which I am presuming the club thought they would get away with nor that he would be starting in many of the other top 4 clubs line-ups either. He to me is a good rotation player I.e. CM4. Although to be fair, I do expect (although not entirely convinced) that he will be better this year after having a year to bed in. As for Jorgi, I agree he is under rated but he is what I have termed a couple of times a final piece of the jigsaw player. Great if your Man City and you have goals and assits coming from all angles, questionable to a lot of people if you do not as he doesn't directly get them for you. Additionally, without Sarriball he may be in for a tough time this year. 

21 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

Whether we like it or not, this is our situation for this season. This is our squad, and we'll have to make the best of it. What has happened, happened, and we achieve nothing imo, by going over it again, and again. 

It is but it does highlight that the club is not run in a way that one would want a club run. For me we have a lack of foresight and strategy that has for the past three years been lain at Conte's door which I think is both wrong and incrediably harsh on a man that took Juve from 7th to three titles in a row, a crap Italy side who did not even qualify for the following WC to the quaters of the EC's and us from 10th to 1st in his first season. I agree that his way of dealing with things was not the best but at the same time understood why he got pi***d off. 

Additionally, I also hate how multiple people go on about how since he has gone we have resolved things when we clearly have not and now we are throwing players like Mount, CHO, Tammy and Pulisic in the deep end at the same time with an ill equipped side. 

Edited by Conte Kante

13 minutes ago, Conte Kante said:

Summer 2018 saw; Jorgi, Kova, Green and Kepa arrive, which for me did not solve any of our lack of goals and assists outside of Hazard

Sure but these things really are hard to do.  Besides at that point we had 3 decent players, Kante, Rudiger and Azpi, and everyone else was the wrong age or not at the right level.  Any decent signings was good.  To say we had to buy a top class CF when we were short 8-10 top class players is unfair.
You can say the board should have planned better, but how do you plan better when your manager is not on speaking terms with the board, and the next manager is not signed up yet.
What we certainly did was to abandon the 2 year "sign anyone from Serie A" approach and got focused and bought long term players in Kepa and Jorginho.  

Courtois/Kepa - it is a tricky thing when club and manager act as one.  It is horrible when they don't.  

14 minutes ago, Conte Kante said:

Additionally, I also hate how multiple people go on about how since he has gone we have resolved things when we clearly have not and now we are throwing players like Mount, CHO, Tammy and Pulisic in the deep end at the same time with an ill equipped side. 

I absolutely agree that we are in a mess right now.  And that Mount, CHO, Tammy and James (not Pulisic) are in the squad not because they have pushed their way in, or even like McEachran, Bruma and van Aanholt, because we simply have no body else and need 22 for training (though they are better than those 3).

They are there because the club is selling the idea of youth instead of purchases.  No one can buy season tickets on the back of Baka, Bats, Willian, Pedro and Giroud.  But promising youngsters is a much easier sell.

xCELERYx   
8 minutes ago, Conte Kante said:

It is but it does highlight that the club is not run in a way that one would want a club run. For me we have a lack of foresight and strategy that has for the past three years been lain at Conte's door which I think is both wrong and incrediably harsh on a man that took Juve from 7th to three titles in a row, a crap Italy side who did not even qualify for the following WC to the quaters of the EC's and us from 10th to 1st in his first season. I agree that his way of dealing with things was not the best but at the same time understood why he got pi***d off. 

As much as I agree with you about virtually everything that's been expressed thus far, you're also wasting your breath trying to argue the point with the particular individual you're in great discussion with. He'll do everything possible to twist, turn and bend everything said (even the facts) just to suit himself.

I did have to laugh when I caught a glimpse of the "Monaco being a feeder club to Juventus" comment that was quoted though. From someone that self confessed that he hasn't watched or taken interest in Italian football, he sure does sprout a lot of inaccurate junk as fact. The last transfer between Monaco and Juve was the loan of Sergio Almiron (from Juve to Monaco) back in 07/08. Prior to that Oliver Kapo was loaned out to Monaco in 05/06. If memory serves me correctly, you'd have to go all the way back to 00/01 for the last actual transfer, which was David Trezeguet to Juventus from Monaco. 

So two loans and one full transfer in the span of nearly the last 20 years between the two clubs. That's some serious "feeder club" action right there...

7 hours ago, southcoastal said:

Would have been appropriate to have given him a cople of minutes against Arsenal  4-1 up. would it not ? He deserved a decent send off

It might have been nice. I can cope without nice. 

9 hours ago, xCELERYx said:

As much as I agree with you about virtually everything that's been expressed thus far, you're also wasting your breath trying to argue the point with the particular individual you're in great discussion with. He'll do everything possible to twist, turn and bend everything said (even the facts) just to suit himself.

hehe - I know, pointing out all the players that came from Serie A was a terrible thing to do.  

9 hours ago, xCELERYx said:

I did have to laugh when I caught a glimpse of the "Monaco being a feeder club to Juventus" comment

Nevertheless Turin is the nearest big city to Monaco and the nearest big club is Juve.

paulw66   
11 hours ago, southcoastal said:

Would have been appropriate to have given him a cople of minutes against Arsenal  4-1 up. would it not ? He deserved a decent send off

A nice send off in front of about 500 Chelsea fans in a half empty stadium, thousands of miles from home?

He had a nicer send off with an appearance in the final home game of the season against Watford in front 40k home fans. 

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

A nice send off in front of about 500 Chelsea fans in a half empty stadium, thousands of miles from home?

He had a nicer send off with an appearance in the final home game of the season against Watford in front 40k home fans. 

True,but it really is not an either or none could have had both, but only one of those games ended with winning a trophy and even a couple of minutes at the end would have been a fine send off. but I guess you knew that. . .

21 minutes ago, southcoastal said:

True,but it really is not an either or none could have had both, but only one of those games ended with winning a trophy and even a couple of minutes at the end would have been a fine send off. but I guess you knew that. . .

Might have spoilt the applause for Hazard as he came off on 89.  

And what is the message if your departing manager replaces your departing star with Cahill?  
Mixed at least.

paulw66   
28 minutes ago, southcoastal said:

It would have been an awful send off. Barely any Chelsea fans present, in a soulless, empty stadium in Baku.