• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Surprised to hear news that luiz has gone on strike to force a move to arsenal can’t see it myself .don’t mind him moving on if we had the ability to sign a replacement but we can’t so would keep him . And didn’t unai emery sell him to us when he was at PSG 

paulw66   
12 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

He just signed a new two-year contract so I’d put this in the “highly improbable” category...

Only way I see this happening is if Lamps has told him he’s CB3 this season. For that to happen I suppose Lamps would prefer Jorginho to dictate the tempo in the build-up phase and premier defensively strong CBs like Rudiger and Zouma. 

Leadership would be something we’d miss. But quality wise I’m not sure he’s so much better than Rudiger, Zouma or Christensen. 

EDIT: it could also be that Luiz would want to move away to win titles... But then Arsenal seems like a strange move! 

I can't believe this is true.

What is his incentive?

51 minutes ago, Conte Kante said:

People talk about the golden age of 2012-2015 but a lot of that was due to De Visser in my book

Yes and no.  he was the scout and he didn't travel very far out of Benelux.  But the point was all the players had played about 50 first team games already, they were all widely scouted and Chelsea outbid everyone else.  None of the players we bought then (at least none of the successful ones) came cheap or didn't have a dozen scouts watching them each game.  We outbid them - and that was Chelsea taking a view on market prices going up plus the rebuilding process we underwent.

BTW I always say 2011-13 or 14.  Because after we hired JM in 2014 the strategy switched to buying square pegs for square holes instead of talent.  Costa and Fabregas.  And at the same time we got rid of a lot of established ones (Mata, Lampard, Cech) and took short term decisions on the younger ones (Oscar, Hazard in, Lukaku, KdB on loan etc).

56 minutes ago, Conte Kante said:

4 from Italy,

I'd count Morata too who had spent 2 years at... Juventus.  And Monaco is a short trip from Turin.
But the Italian thing is only part of it.  We have never run big squads at Chelsea since 2005 (I have probably spent 10 of the last 15 years complaining the squad it too thin).  And when we have bought back up players rather then promising players, they have tended to be 29+ with long records of experience (often from Barca, Deco, Belletti, Caballero, Drogba Mk2).  We have never bought players like Zappacosta or Drinkwater before.

chelboy   
8 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

I haven’t really read the reports, but if he refuses to train then no way should we let him rot. Sell him quick and let Tomori stay on as CB4. 

He won’t improve Arsenal. 

I wouldn’t sell directly to rival. I didn’t like the Cech move at all but I understood it. Unless there has been a physical fight or something serious  I would rather let him rot than sell him to Arsenal. Considering we have a ban and for him to try and force a move so late I find it rather selfish. 

• Like 1

Has Cahill gone yet???

Sounds like someone has read the Lukaku training at Anderlecht story and Luiz's absence in the last game, put 2 & 2 together to make 36. 

Apparently the Sun has him going to Everton.

Remember it is deadline day tomorrow, anything they say today will be swamped with actual news tomorrow.

JaneB   
19 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

He just signed a new two-year contract so I’d put this in the “highly improbable” category...

Only way I see this happening is if Lamps has told him he’s CB3 this season. For that to happen I suppose Lamps would prefer Jorginho to dictate the tempo in the build-up phase and premier defensively strong CBs like Rudiger and Zouma. 

Leadership would be something we’d miss. But quality wise I’m not sure he’s so much better than Rudiger, Zouma or Christensen. 

EDIT: it could also be that Luiz would want to move away to win titles... But then Arsenal seems like a strange move! 

That's what they all say, but it's not as if he hasn't won practically everything with us already.  And why Arsenal?  I can't believe David Luiz is behaving like this (if true).  Has he lost his mind?

paulw66   
7 minutes ago, JaneB said:

That's what they all say, but it's not as if he hasn't won practically everything with us already.  And why Arsenal?  I can't believe David Luiz is behaving like this (if true).  Has he lost his mind?

I call complete BS here......makes zero sense from all parties. 

1 minute ago, Droy was my hero said:

Mind you another £50m would be fun, especially since Unai Emery is the guy that sold him back to us for £35m  :)

Yup. Zero sense. 

JaneB   
4 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

I call complete BS here......makes zero sense from all parties. 

Yup. Zero sense. 

So where has the story come from? 😔