• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

JaneB   
2 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

OK - someone has to ask.  Day before Transfer deadline.

Where is......

James?

Ham   
2 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

OK - someone has to ask.  Day before Transfer deadline.

Where is......

Screenshot_20190807-181848_Google.jpg

Screenshot_20190807-181915_Google.jpg

JaneB   
15 minutes ago, PeteRobbo said:

Sorry, but there isn't any evidence that Frank is certainly connected to this is there?

Sorry, but of course he is. He's the boss.

Luiz ! something is afoot. bloody Unhelpful timing. He  had a poor pre season as did most of the rest of defense , but looking on the bright side saves carrying him for the rest of the season I suppose. A Good when good mostly erratic nowdays but fading defender, just how much does a geezer personality carry you nowadays ?

Just  wanting to go to Arsenal should see him delived to the Emirates

chara   

Is all this talk of Luiz true?....he is I'm afraid getting very close to end of shelf life and I wonder why on earth Arsenal would want him..don't they watch games?.Been a great Chelsea character and capable of sublime football but also prone..as many point out..to almost schoolboy errors... I doubt that this season would see him improve upon last year and although I am conflicted about him possibly leaving my head says if Hazard can go where is there a question about Luiz?

4 minutes ago, chara said:

Is all this talk of Luiz true?....he is I'm afraid getting very close to end of shelf life and I wonder why on earth Arsenal would want him..don't they watch games?.Been a great Chelsea character and capable of sublime football but also prone..as many point out..to almost schoolboy errors... I doubt that this season would see him improve upon last year and although I am conflicted about him possibly leaving my head says if Hazard can go where is there a question about Luiz?

Must be something, The Telegraph are running an update mentioning a series of disagreements over the past week so its sort of escalating.

21 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Sorry, but of course he is. He's the boss.

Yes, but that doesn't mean he's been a party to anything here. I hadn't come across anything about this until I read about the Twitter feeds on here. There is now this short piece on the BBC Sports page however. You've perhaps seen it, but here's the link anyway;

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49269863

JaneB   
8 minutes ago, chara said:

Yes but we all knew Hazard was going to go and although we were upset, we understood his decision (well most did I think).  This is different, awful timing and some bad feeling.  And our best defender still injured.  Not what we wanted a few days before the season starts.  Never in a million years did I think David Luiz would behave like this.  I can't believe that Frank would tell him he wasn't needed at this point in time.  I'm so upset :-(

30 minutes ago, Ham said:

Luiz is a good footballer that's for sure. Whether he's any good at defending at this moment in time is another story.

I lost times in the past couple of seasons of the number of times we conceded and Luiz was stood there looking around him when the blame squarely sat with him. 

Yeh. I think he's a great presence and a strong character, but the only time he really excelled on the field was when he was central to Conte's strategy. He was truly excellent then, but in a back 4, as we well know, he's not the most reliable for sure.

Meanwhile, the final pre-season games suggested that we're certainly not the finished article defensively. Maybe David came a cropper with the mgt because of that, but also, maybe the mgt aren't that clued up on the defensive side of the game themselves. We'll have to wait and see and Sunday will be an acid test I'd say.

JaneB   
5 minutes ago, PeteRobbo said:

Yes, but that doesn't mean he's been a party to anything here. I hadn't come across anything about this until I read about the Twitter feeds on here. There is now this short piece on the BBC Sports page however. You've perhaps seen it, but here's the link anyway;

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49269863

Go away Arsenal.  He's under contract.