Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

4 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Go away Arsenal.  He's under contract.

How long for?

4 minutes ago, PeteRobbo said:

How long for?

Signed for 2 more years just a while back

Time for him to go. Let's be honest here, he has obvious weaknesses and next summer we are going to be doing business again. Its great to have Luiz, but Zouma, Rudiger, Christensen and Azpili can cover. Can even keep Tomori.

From a business perspective, there should only be one outcome.

JaneB   
4 minutes ago, PeteRobbo said:

How long for?

Well just goes to show (until I'm contradicted otherwise) that contracts are worthless and that all clubs ignore the rules when it suits them.

JaneB   
2 minutes ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

Time for him to go. Let's be honest here, he has obvious weaknesses and next summer we are going to be doing business again. Its great to have Luiz, but Zouma, Rudiger, Christensen and Azpili can cover. Can even keep Tomori.

It's not Dave's number one position is it?  And his form has dropped a lot too.  Rudiger is great but not sure about starting out with Zouma and Christensen.

Ham   

And as if by magic....... 

Edited by Ham

11 minutes ago, JaneB said:

It's not Dave's number one position is it?  And his form has dropped a lot too.  Rudiger is great but not sure about starting out with Zouma and Christensen.

Tbh, I'm not sure about Rudiger and Luiz so, from a sporting perspective, I can't really say that we should turn down the money either. 

I understand the emotional attachment though. David Luiz has been one of the most likeable personalities at the club in years. 

But SFL looks to be pressing high this pre-season and that's a recipe for disaster by itself - and even more so with Luiz in there... not sure where Luiz fits going forward unfortunately. 

jangz   

Maybe he isn't keen on working with Lampard.. may be just doesnt respect him that much.. or getting told off for making silly mistakes like the one against RB Leipzig.. I would prefer him to stay.. but if his way of repaying the club's faith is going AWOL a day before a transfer window which we can't operate in... I much rather not have him here.. 

Sciatika   

Why would he want to partner Mustafi in the Europa League? He has already won that one.

41 minutes ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

If business is just linear incomings and outgoings, yes. But it isn't. 

I'm not sure we're strong enough to be letting him go right now. Perhaps though this very much the Fabregas situation all over again; losing grip on a first XI place here coupled with a final big contract on offer at a geographically favourable club that will only be available for a very short time. If Luiz has been told he's not first pick but thinks he's got a few years in him, he has no other choice tbf. 

I think he'd be pretty good for Arsenal, tbf. They sorely lack leadership and as far as CBs go he creates chances for fun. Would be absolutely nailed on to score against us again, too. 

Edited by thevelourfog