• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

2 hours ago, Ham said:

If the club don't really rate Luiz and Arsenal really are interested then it's likely we won't put up much of a fight.

Look at Sarri for example

🤭

Says the bloke who’s tired of other members talking about Sarri. 

Remember that next time someone else brings him up. 

44 minutes ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

Time for him to go. Let's be honest here, he has obvious weaknesses and next summer we are going to be doing business again. Its great to have Luiz, but Zouma, Rudiger, Christensen and Azpili can cover. Can even keep Tomori.

From a business perspective, there should only be one outcome.

This... 

24 minutes ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

Tbh, I'm not sure about Rudiger and Luiz so, from a sporting perspective, I can't really say that we should turn down the money either. 

I understand the emotional attachment though. David Luiz has been one of the most likeable personalities at the club in years. 

But SFL looks to be pressing high this pre-season and that's a recipe for disaster by itself - and even more so with Luiz in there... not sure where Luiz fits going forward unfortunately. 

...and this. High press will be a game of roulette with Luiz at the back. He’s degenerated from his first stint here and hasn’t fixed any of his weaknesses. 

All in all he’s a worse player today compared to when we sold him to PSG. I think Rudiger paired with either Christensen or Zouma is a better combo than Rudiger and Luiz for the style we seemingly want to play. 

Will be interesting to see where this one is going to end up. Must be something in it, it’s too much noise to be a fabrication. 

3 hours ago, JaneB said:

That's what they all say, but it's not as if he hasn't won practically everything with us already.  And why Arsenal?  I can't believe David Luiz is behaving like this (if true).  Has he lost his mind?

It’s a bit of a strange one, but maybe it’s exaggerated in the press. Who knows? But I think some are overreacting to the news of him potentially leaving. He isn’t a world class defender imo and I’m yet to be convinced him leaving would weaken us much. 

12 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

It’s a bit of a strange one, but maybe it’s exaggerated in the press. Who knows? But I think some are overreacting to the news of him potentially leaving. He isn’t a world class defender imo and I’m yet to be convinced him leaving would weaken us much. 

Rudi is currently pencilled in for a late Sept/early Oct return if things go to plan. Are you seriously saying that with the threadbare squad we have, with no leaders and hardly any players in the peak age range you're happy for us to go into the PL season with Zouma, Christensen and Tomori (who has not even played one top minute)? 

Ham   
17 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

Says the bloke who’s tired of other members talking about Sarri. 

Remember that next time someone else brings him up. 

The smiley beneath should have been signal enough that it was a joke comment. Just pure unadulterated bait. 

Ham   
1 minute ago, Conte Kante said:

Rudi is currently pencilled in for a late Sept/early Oct return if things go to plan. 

Judging by today's update I reckon he's back much earlier. 

JaneB   
1 hour ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

Tbh, I'm not sure about Rudiger and Luiz so, from a sporting perspective, I can't really say that we should turn down the money either. 

I understand the emotional attachment though. David Luiz has been one of the most likeable personalities at the club in years. 

But SFL looks to be pressing high this pre-season and that's a recipe for disaster by itself - and even more so with Luiz in there... not sure where Luiz fits going forward unfortunately. 

You bet!!

1 hour ago, jangz said:

Maybe he isn't keen on working with Lampard.. may be just doesnt respect him that much.. or getting told off for making silly mistakes like the one against RB Leipzig.. I would prefer him to stay.. but if his way of repaying the club's faith is going AWOL a day before a transfer window which we can't operate in... I much rather not have him here.. 

I read earlier that although he wasn't training today, it wasn't because he refused to do so...…..whatever than means.

1 hour ago, thevelourfog said:

If business is just linear incomings and outgoings, yes. But it isn't. 

I'm not sure we're strong enough to be letting him go right now. Perhaps though this very much the Fabregas situation all over again; losing grip on a first XI place here coupled with a final big contract on offer at a geographically favourable club that will only be available for a very short time. If Luiz has been told he's not first pick but thinks he's got a few years in him, he has no other choice tbf. 

I think he'd be pretty good for Arsenal, tbf. They sorely lack leadership and as far as CBs go he creates chances for fun. Would be absolutely nailed on to score against us again, too. 

So why let him go there?  It sticks in my throat.  Won't be able to watch him in an Arsenal shirt.

No matter what has been said on here about his weaknesses, I bet no one expected or would necessarily have chosen for him to be leaving right now. 

54 minutes ago, Ham said:

Judging by today's update I reckon he's back much earlier. 

Various journos on Twitter have said he did the warm-up exercises, but then went indoors. No contact work. Modest amount of ball work.

Seems a bit low

Screenshot_2019-08-07 Simon Phillips on Twitter Chelsea are ready to agree David Luiz transfer to Arsenal - for just £8mill[...].png

Edited by Bob Singleton

JaneB   
2 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

A BIT low?  Great piece of business Chelsea.  Let's sell David Luiz to our London rivals Arsenal for only £8 million.  

8 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

Seems a bit low

Seems full to me.  We just bought him for nothing for another two years, so presumably his wages are high to reflect that.  Had Arsenal woken up a bit earlier they could have had him for free.

In practice it might be less than £8m if we have just paid him an upfront signing on fee that he keeps for pre-season training.

Still not convinced it is going to happen, but I do recall seeing pictures of Luiz arriving at St Pancras off the Eurotunnel on the last day of the window 3 years ago.  He keeps these things quiet.

Edited by Droy was my hero