• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

16 minutes ago, Leo91 said:

On the face of it, to sign a contract extension in May and now in August is forcing himself for a move to Arsenal of all clubs makes me sick.

Why is he forcing the move  (if there is a move?).
Is it because someone said he refused to train?

It won't be missing one day's training that makes us decide to sell him next day.
And if the club has agreed to sell him tomorrow, he wouldn't be training today anyway.

6 minutes ago, southcoastal said:

And you would have the wrong impression, From the excellent swiss ramble. We are a selling club quite a good one EBRQgBBWkAExY0f.thumb.jpg.beb93c5ee931d61ab423c5aeb2118dd8.jpgEBRQemSX4AA9ZqX.thumb.jpg.0dc0cb36b5c57d38d8b7222285d76dac.jpg

Not sure I understand the £mins bit but what I meant is (I feel) we always seem to sell on the cheap and quickly but buy expensive and protracted (ironically Luiz was the contrary)

8 minutes ago, southcoastal said:

And you would have the wrong impression, From the excellent swiss ramble. We are a selling club quite a good one 

image.png.38ddf09d796da1f268b77ecb4f321903.png

And there you have it.  I don't think we have published full accounts for a while.
So according to transfrmarkt :
Morata £50m
Hazard £90m
Courtois £31.5m
Costa £59.5m

Given one was a complete flop, 2 were in their last year and the third was driven out of the club by the manager, those are some remarkable selling prices.

Either the club are absolute geniuses at selling players or the numbers are wrong (probably both).

12 minutes ago, southcoastal said:

A year ago he could have gone for a free at least we get a fee even if it is a small one . if things are as they seem, a breakdown with the managment may have occured and keeping him around may be disruptive.

SFL press conference should be interesting on friday.

Yes, there is a whiff of that possibility for sure. Maybe he felt, (rightly or wrongly), that he was being singled out as the scapegoat for our recent defensive chaos.

1 minute ago, exiledblue said:

Not sure I understand the £mins bit but what I meant is (I feel) we always seem to sell on the cheap and quickly but buy expensive and protracted (ironically Luiz was the contrary)

I guess its millions rather than mins otherwise I'm just as lost.

I think a lot of the loan deals seem protracted. new manager last years signing type of thing. just my view non binding and possibly wrong !

if buying high and selling lower was the case sooner or later that would become apparent in the accounts. so far its an integral part of our profitability

This transfer window does seem very distorted,  UTD would pay 40 m last year for Maguire this season they spent doubleon him . 100 m for Zaha ?  and so on

48 minutes ago, JaneB said:

What about what works for Chelsea?  And we could easily reject an offer if it's not high enough.  Why do we keep doing Arsenal favours and players who are still under contract?  

When Frank arrived I did mention on here about whether there might be problems with any players he had actually played with.  No one seemed to think it would be an issue.  

I know I'm naïve and look at things emotionally blah blah blah but this has knocked me for six.  One of the few players at Chelsea I could 'identify' with.  

The thing is, the longer I've followed Chelsea, the less I "identify" with any player... they all come and go. There isn't a single player from 1968-69 season left at the club... bloody turncoats have all gone! 😉 

3 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

And there you have it.  I don't think we have published full accounts for a while.
So according to transfrmarkt :
Morata £50m
Hazard £90m
Courtois £31.5m
Costa £59.5m

Given one was a complete flop, 2 were in their last year and the third was driven out of the club by the manager, those are some remarkable selling prices.

Either the club are absolute geniuses at selling players or the numbers are wrong (probably both).

Its usually christmas for the club  accounts and as you say actual individual fees  generally unknown but you can't hide the player trading profits on the actual accounts

7 minutes ago, PeteRobbo said:

Yes, there is a whiff of that possibility for sure. Maybe he felt, (rightly or wrongly), that he was being singled out as the scapegoat for our recent defensive chaos.

no one emerged intact for our pre season defensive chaos

ha no one emerged with reputation intact for our pre season defensive chaos !

With Luiz maybe  he wasnt given guaranteed starts for the season ahead,  4th choice 3rd choice ?. It may be a while before the truth comes out if it does at all.

I'm just dissapointed with him even if not a starter he could have played a senior part in mentoring

11 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

The thing is, the longer I've followed Chelsea, the less I "identify" with any player... they all come and go. There isn't a single player from 1968-69 season left at the club... bloody turncoats have all gone! 😉 

In some case literally.

9 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

To be fair, chopper and the Cat did their best to stay forever.  

6 minutes ago, southcoastal said:

Its usually christmas for the club  accounts and as you say actual individual fees  generally unknown but you can't hide the player trading profits on the actual accounts

Well the trading profits are only the difference between two numbers, both of which are usually inflated.
And even then the fee can be raised or lowered according to how the clubs agree to pay exit bonuses and signing on bonuses, and who knows how agent's fees get calculated (or whether buyer or seller has paid for them).