• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Recommended Posts

Just now, Droy was my hero said:

To be fair, chopper and the Cat did their best to stay forever. 

True!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JaneB   
11 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

The thing is, the longer I've followed Chelsea, the less I "identify" with any player... they all come and go. There isn't a single player from 1968-69 season left at the club... bloody turncoats have all gone! 😉 

Alright clever clogs.  

I still miss players from long ago and I will certainly miss David Luiz.  He didn't need to go quite yet, same for Fabregas, but as everyone will point out, I doubt the latter would have worked with SFL.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
xCELERYx   

Completely unbothered if Luiz goes. Don't get me wrong, he's a good character but on the pitch he leaves a heck of a lot to be desired at times. His defending is inconsistent and his leadership qualities are massively overstated. He was fortunate to get a contract extension as it was, so to turn around and get a fee for him isn't bad business. He certainly isn't going to improve as a player, nor exactly lift Arsenal to any new heights. 

Good chance to see one of the younger lads stake a claim. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

To be fair, chopper and the Cat did their best to stay forever.  

Well the trading profits are only the difference between two numbers, both of which are usually inflated.
And even then the fee can be raised or lowered according to how the clubs agree to pay exit bonuses and signing on bonuses, and who knows how agent's fees get calculated (or whether buyer or seller has paid for them).

Last accounts

https://twitter.com/swissramble/status/1084727180293218305?lang=en

#CFC £113m profit on player sales is actually the highest ever made by an English club, ahead of #THFC 2013/14 £104m and #EFC 2017/18 £88m. In fact, three of the six highest ever profits from this activity have been reported by Chelsea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ham   

Opportunistic fraud. 

"You heard it hear first.... but actually after everyone else"

Screenshot_20190807-230030_Twitter.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Alright clever clogs.  

I still miss players from long ago and I will certainly miss David Luiz.  He didn't need to go quite yet, same for Fabregas, but as everyone will point out, I doubt the latter would have worked with SFL.  

I don't buy the idea that SFL and Lampard still have some massive issue between them.
But it is curious that Fabregas arrived at Chelsea a week after Chelsea confirmed SFL was leaving in 2014, and then Fabregas left 6 months before Lampard returned.
Mind, there is 9 years age gap, and 2014 was the time when a lot of people were being cut ahead of the charge for the league.

4 minutes ago, southcoastal said:

Last accounts

https://twitter.com/swissramble/status/1084727180293218305?lang=en

#CFC £113m profit on player sales is actually the highest ever made by an English club, ahead of #THFC 2013/14 £104m and #EFC 2017/18 £88m. In fact, three of the six highest ever profits from this activity have been reported by Chelsea.

Quite - not much to go on there.  Two thoughts - firstly I was wrong, players bought the same year don;t enter into the trading profit.  But also the net trading profit is increased by any depreciation on the players purchase price, and we have no information how much that is on specific players too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ham said:

Opportunistic fraud. 

 

He has really upset some people, hasn't he.  Already forgotten why.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ham   
2 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

I don't buy the idea that SFL and Lampard still have some massive issue between them.
 

Do you have access to his psychiatrist?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ham   
4 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

He has really upset some people, hasn't he.  Already forgotten why.

Your point being?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, southcoastal said:

ha no one emerged with reputation intact for our pre season defensive chaos !

With Luiz maybe  he wasnt given guaranteed starts for the season ahead,  4th choice 3rd choice ?. It may be a while before the truth comes out if it does at all.

I'm just dissapointed with him even if not a starter he could have played a senior part in mentoring

But maybe it wasn't entirely his own doing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now