• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

7 minutes ago, Ham said:

Do you have access to his psychiatrist?

I doubt if I could afford the psychiatrist of either.  You'll have to ask someone else  :)

10 minutes ago, PeteRobbo said:

But maybe it wasn't entirely his own doing.

Indeed, truth will out as they say or possibly not whatever The club usually is quite diplomatic.

I see Willian has the same agent as luiz should we worry or wait for a willian tweet obscuring SFL in the coming weeks ?

23 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

I don't buy the idea that SFL and Lampard still have some massive issue between them.
But it is curious that Fabregas arrived at Chelsea a week after Chelsea confirmed SFL was leaving in 2014, and then Fabregas left 6 months before Lampard returned.
Mind, there is 9 years age gap, and 2014 was the time when a lot of people were being cut ahead of the charge for the league.

Quite - not much to go on there.  Two thoughts - firstly I was wrong, players bought the same year don;t enter into the trading profit.  But also the net trading profit is increased by any depreciation on the players purchase price, and we have no information how much that is on specific players too.

I thought we had already agreed that, Just totals  The main thing is we are profitable !

34 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Alright clever clogs.  

I still miss players from long ago and I will certainly miss David Luiz.  He didn't need to go quite yet, same for Fabregas, but as everyone will point out, I doubt the latter would have worked with SFL.  

How long ago? You have to accept that that's what sport's all about. The performers have a comparatively short period in the limelight and then they're gone. It's the nature of the beast.

You do it in other sports besides football. You get down in the dumps if Federer doesn't win yet another title at the age of 37. He has to stop sometime and, when he does, you should remember what a player he was rather than bemoan the fact that he can't do it anymore.

The fact is you don't like change. You want things to stay there same forever and ever. Why not instead look forward to the possibility of new heroes coming along to replace the old? It's obviously more realistic.

Ham   
4 minutes ago, southcoastal said:

Indeed, truth will out as they say or possibly not whatever The club usually is quite diplomatic.

I see Willian has the same agent as luiz should we worry or wait for a willian tweet obscuring SFL in the coming weeks ?

They also own a restaurant together.  

JaneB   
28 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

I don't buy the idea that SFL and Lampard still have some massive issue between them.

24 minutes ago, Ham said:

Do you have access to his psychiatrist?

I think she/he would diagnose a split personality.

• Like 1

Ham   
15 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

I doubt if I could afford the psychiatrist of either.  You'll have to ask someone else  :)

Both SFL and Lampard? 

Ham   
Just now, JaneB said:

Precisely.  Thank you. 

5 minutes ago, Ham said:

Both SFL and Lampard? 

Got it now.  Obviously I was thinking and Fabregas.

6 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Very good.

I think Andy Goram was the keeper who knocked himself out on a post  and woke up to hear the crowd singing "there are only 2 Andy Gorams"

JaneB   
12 minutes ago, PeteRobbo said:

How long ago? You have to accept that that's what sport's all about. The performers have a comparatively short period in the limelight and then they're gone. It's the nature of the beast.

You do it in other sports besides football. You get down in the dumps if Federer doesn't win yet another title at the age of 37. He has to stop sometime and, when he does, you should remember what a player he was rather than bemoan the fact that he can't do it anymore.

The fact is you don't like change. You want things to stay there same forever and ever. Why not instead look forward to the possibility of new heroes coming along to replace the old? It's obviously more realistic.

Ah ok thanks for that Pete.

One of the joys of coming on here is to be patronised by you 🙄