• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

kev61   

Just for the heck of it(like remembering Drogba took corner kicks)does anyone remember Carlo giving Luiz a bollicking when he was responsible for a goal scored against us(can't remember the game)and was that daft he genuinely didn't know what he done wrong!

a very enthusiastic player but no big loss.

1 hour ago, xCELERYx said:

I get that, but at the end of the day it's not as if Luiz makes us a significantly better team, nor is he our future. What he's like off the pitch shouldn't be a defining factor, no matter how much of a character he is. 

Doesn't need to be our future, just our 'next season' I'd have thought. 

1 hour ago, xCELERYx said:

We're in a unique situation where we can take more risks with the team. 

Some fairly significant risks, Imo, considering our CB stocks if Luiz goes. I've never claimed  that Luiz is in the top draw of CBs (he's too erratic for that), but as far as I can see, our stocks in that area are fairly thin as it is, and we can't bring anyone new in for a year or more. If we're really in a 'unique situation' with the team, I'm not sure that's a good thing.

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

Conte wanted Luiz out by all accounts and he's a clown .

SFL wants him out when we have two dreadful centre halves and a transfer ban and he's stamping his authority on things .

Funny old game.

Surely 'we' don't have a clue what Frank wants? The only thing we 'know' is what the media choose to tell us. 

3 hours ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

Well I didn't make the point that this was all about incomings and outgoings, did I?

There are a number of variables at play here - its not just about money. He is 32 years old, got 2 years to go, maybe he isn't wanted by the club, another club is in for him in the same city, the player himself likely wants to go.... struggling to see the negatives here. 

And we may not be strong enough? Are we really at the point where David Luiz, from a footballing pov, is irreplaceable in the team? I disagree tbh.

We are very literally at the point where all of our players are irreplaceable. This is not currently a subject open to debate! 

Dingus   

Ultimately, something has occurred (and whatever that is we may never officially know) during this week that Luiz has now decided he wants to leave. And if that's the case and Lampard is happy with that then we just roll on regardless.

How ironic that everyone was clambering for the youth to be played and now we're having to rely on them to start the season.... 

Droy, in light of this I have bumped down my prediction for Sunday to a respectable 2-0 win for us.

Any other summer, Luiz wanting to leave wouldn’t really bother me. Good defender, but with at least 1 error per game in him and quite often a game altering error.

My issue is the timing and the destination. The eve of the transfer window when he knows the club have a transfer ban and to a London rival. If he does push for this to happen, all respect is gone for me.

If, which seems likely, he does go then Rudiger and Christensen is fine for me, that’s the partnership I predicted would play the majority of the season, but that needed Christensen to build his confidence up... maybe going straight in from the start will do that, Lampard must think so. In the short term thought Zouma and Christensen doesn’t fill me with too much confidence.

Dingus   
17 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Any other summer, Luiz wanting to leave wouldn’t really bother me. Good defender, but with at least 1 error per game in him and quite often a game altering error.

My issue is the timing and the destination. The eve of the transfer window when he knows the club have a transfer ban and to a London rival. If he does push for this to happen, all respect is gone for me.

If, which seems likely, he does go then Rudiger and Christensen is fine for me, that’s the partnership I predicted would play the majority of the season, but that needed Christensen to build his confidence up... maybe going straight in from the start will do that, Lampard must think so. In the short term thought Zouma and Christensen doesn’t fill me with too much confidence.

Even though we got Cole, I thought Gallas leaving for Arsenal would hit us hard when all that happened. That turned out not to be the case. Guess I'm hoping for more of the same.

BlueFizz   
16 minutes ago, Dingus said:

I think I'd want more than £8 million for Luiz, even at 32.

One factor that may be influencing this deal, if this deal even exists, is Rudiger's possible return ahead of schedule. Clips of him in 'contact' training with the squad on the 5th Stand app. He may be coming back sooner than expected, which would give us four CBs, a fifth if you count Azpi in an emergency.

Perhaps the word on the street is that we may get the ban reduced to one window, in which case we could strengthen at Christmas too.

2 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

Doesn't need to be our future, just our 'next season' I'd have thought. 

Agreed I can't understand in this season anyone wants to see anyone else leave.