• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

10 minutes ago, Dingus said:

Already had a couple of my gooner mates calling it a joke signing so they aren't impressed.

No and they have very little reason to be impressed with the signing. 

Lack of ambition! 

Holymoly   
2 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

No and they have very little reason to be impressed with the signing. 

Lack of ambition! 

I'd put a sneaky bet on him scoring against us though. That said I don't understand why he tossed his toys at this state of the season. Until Rudiger's return I saw him being a nailed on starter. I also hope he hasn't disrupted the chi of the remaining Brazilians as he seemed to be their leader...

Holymoly   
10 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

I'd say that the only irreplacable player we have in the squad is Kanté.

I think his point was that they are LITERALLY irreplaceable. In other words we have no way of being able to replace them until next year.

Just now, Holymoly said:

I'd put a sneaky bet on him scoring against us though. That said I don't understand why he tossed his toys at this state of the season. Until Rudiger's return I saw him being a nailed on starter. I also hope he hasn't disrupted the chi of the remaining Brazilians as he seemed to be their leader...

I wouldn’t worry about the Brazilians, Jorginho will happily full the void of leader, he pretty much was already.

I think Luiz is the last player you want around the squad if he’s considering going, I don’t imagine he keeps his feelings to himself! I think Frank and the club are doing the right thing here by getting him out of training and just taking the money, although not much of it. The biggest saving will be on wages anyway.

Sad to see him go to a rival and just really gutted he’s done it at such a late stage, after all the preparation for the season is complete. I get the feeling Lampard was strongly considering Zouma and Christensen to start vs United anyway. Probably the deciding factor for Luiz.

Dingus   
Just now, Holymoly said:

I think his point was that they are LITERALLY irreplaceable. In other words we have no way of being able to replace them until next year.

The club must have asked Frank whether the squad can cope without him going forward and he said they could, hence him leaving.

Love Luiz, absolutely love him and gutted he's leaving but I dont think it's going to cause us any problems. didn't we have to lose a non home grown player anyway? Maybe it's just a case of him being the easiest to move on.

58 minutes ago, exiledblue said:

but why would we want to?

We have gone into seasons with 19 players over 21, of which 2 were crocked and 3 were GKs. The squad has plenty of players, just not enough good ones.   Having 9 defenders just guarantees that 4 of them will be pissed off for most of the season.  Especially since we will stick out rubbish teams in LC and FAC to get out of them quick, while playing the first choices players in both PL and CL.  

23 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

Next summer, depending on how the two new CBs fair, we could go all in for a star CB. 

Yes - what I like is the idea that SFL is already clearing his squad to make room for some proper players next year.

24 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

If the worst case scenario happens we have Tomori and can (hopefully) recall Ampadu. 

Or Alonso could play CB for a few games, no problem I reckon.  Clarke-Salter could come back.  Or we could even plan the Hector sale as a loan for the first 6 months with some kind of option to have him back in January.  Not sure of Omeruo's status either.  And we just sold Kalas for £8m, so I guess the club aren't panicking about CBs.

Guehi hasn't gone on loan yet either, if we "must" play CHO, surely we "can" play Guehi a year later.

Generally CBs are the easiest position to cover with out of position players.  CF then AMs are the hardest.

BTW - I presume the fact that Moses is still on loan means that the club/SFL think he offers no more than Kenedy.  I would agree.

BlueFizz   

My thoughts if this is really happening:

1. I love Luiz - his attitude, appearance and slightly idiotic 'Geezer' persona!

2. I think Lampard will want pace at the back and probably a higher line than in the recent past - Luiz is not the fastest: Zouma, Rudiger, Chris and Tomori ahead of him there

3. On some levels it makes sense - if you value deep experience then less so, but Luiz doesn't appear a conventional 'leader' on the pitch anyway

Players come and go, Chelsea is forever!

37 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

Yes but the need to replace a CB2/CB3 when you have a bunch of other CB2/CB3s isn't perhaps so pressing? 

15 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Yes - what I like is the idea that SFL is already clearing his squad to make room for some proper players next year.

Or Alonso could play CB for a few games, no problem I reckon.  Clarke-Salter could come back.  Or we could even plan the Hector sale as a loan for the first 6 months with some kind of option to have him back in January.  Not sure of Omeruo's status either.  And we just sold Kalas for £8m, so I guess the club aren't panicking about CBs.

Guehi hasn't gone on loan yet either, if we "must" play CHO, surely we "can" play Guehi a year later.

Yeah that's the hunch I have - try out some of the youngsters to see if they sink or swim, move on some of the players who doesn't have a long-term future here (where we have ample cover already) and then prepare to go big next summer. Makes sense on a lot of levels. 

Agree on potential cover if we see an injury crisis in that area. We have plenty of players that could do a job short-term. 

Seems to have removed all Chelsea stuff from his social media (banners, profile pictures etc). Hmm...

Edit: Oops no the banner is still there on one account. Guess it's not much of an indicator anyway.

Edited by Panda