• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

45 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

I'd put a sneaky bet on him scoring against us though. 

No problem - we can't dictate our long-term vision for the club on the hunch a player might score against us. 

1 hour ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

I wouldn’t worry about the Brazilians, Jorginho will happily full the void of leader, he pretty much was already.

I think Luiz is the last player you want around the squad if he’s considering going, I don’t imagine he keeps his feelings to himself! I think Frank and the club are doing the right thing here by getting him out of training and just taking the money, although not much of it. The biggest saving will be on wages anyway.

Sad to see him go to a rival and just really gutted he’s done it at such a late stage, after all the preparation for the season is complete. I get the feeling Lampard was strongly considering Zouma and Christensen to start vs United anyway. Probably the deciding factor for Luiz.

I was thinking along similar lines too, and with Rudiger injured it probably dawned on Luiz that he was actually only 4th choice (like Cahill last season) when all were fit. I also agree with your assessment that he's probably quite vocal in the dressing room, and not always in a good way. I've never actually thought of him as much of a leader (I know others do). His "leadership qualities" were perfectly shown off when he captained Brazil in their WC semi-final humiliation at the hands of Germany. His pointing at others when he's been at fault for a goal also doesn't convince me that he is the "leader" others believe him to be.

While it may not seem good timing to be losing an experienced older head when under a transfer ban, if that experienced older head looks likely to be causing internal disruptions, the best thing is to move him on for the sake of the squad as a whole.

Edited by Bob Singleton
  • Like 1

bert19   
4 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

I was thinking along similar lines too, and with Rudiger injured it probably dawned on Luiz that he was actually only 4th choice (like Cahill last season) when all were fit. I also agree with your assessment that he's probably quite vocal in the dressing room, and not always in a good way. I've never actually thought of him as much of a leader (I know others do). His "leadership qualities" were perfectly shown off when he captained Brazil in their WC semi-final humiliation at the hands of Germany. His pointing at others when he's been at fault for a goal also doesn't convince me that he is the "leader" others believe him to be.

While it may not seem good timing to be losing an experienced older head when under a transfer ban, if that experienced older head looks likely to be causing internal disruptions, the best thing is to move him on for the sake of the squad as a whole.

I think you're about right here, although being much nicer to/about Luiz than I have been giving him credit for.  

Dingus   

He's left before and we did alright and we'll be ok now he's leaving again. No biggie.

Various Twitter reports that Luiz is currently having his Arsenal medical

6 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

Yeah that's the hunch I have - try out some of the youngsters to see if they sink or swim, move on some of the players who doesn't have a long-term future here (where we have ample cover already) and then prepare to go big next summer. Makes sense on a lot of levels. 

I don't think trying out youngsters has ever been part of Chelsea's game plan or Frank's.  And I'm pretty sure that the only youngsters to start 10+ games will be the ones that stand out as better than their older colleagues.

They are there not so much to make up the numbers, but to create the pretence that we have something we don't.
They'd all be better off on loan, from James to RLC (not Christensen).  None of them would have been near the team in  2014 or 2016.

chelboy   

I am sure Arsenal fans will be buzzing at first when they make a good start to the PL but when they start seeing his lapses of concentration all that buzz will go away. 

If rumours are true and he fell out with Lampard and caused a bit of drama then I would be disappointed in him but not surprised. I have always gotten a very arrogant vibe with Luiz and I can imagine him challenging managers. It is not the first time I have heard this anyway. His popularity may have gotten to his head. Be interesting to see how Willian and Azpi take the news. Also going to be interesting if they lose places in the starting 11. Azpi will take it like a man but Willian not so sure about especially after this. If Lampard has to keep chucking out more  that don’t show respect then I am fine with it and completely back him. 

5 minutes ago, chelboy said:

If rumours are true and he fell out with Lampard and caused a bit of drama

Not seen that rumour.  Seen a lot of people supposing something that hasn't even been rumoured.

The only rumour I have seen is that he refused to train.  That was clearly based on someone seeing him in the Academy part of the ground training, not on anything more.  100% explained if he is having a medical at Arsenal today.

BTW deals don't happen in less than a week.  Luiz has been first choice for all the games till the last.  He didn't fall out with Lampard more than 10 days ago, and any fall out can't have happened in the last 7 days.  It is a narrow gap to create a story in.

BlueFizz   
1 minute ago, Droy was my hero said:

Not seen that rumour.  Seen a lot of people supposing something that hasn't even been rumoured.

The only rumour I have seen is that he refused to train.  That was clearly based on someone seeing him in the Academy part of the ground training, not on anything more.  100% explained if he is having a medical at Arsenal today.

BTW deals don't happen in less than a week.  Luiz has been first choice for all the games till the last.  He didn't fall out with Lampard more than 10 days ago, and any fall out can't have happened in the last 7 days.  It is a narrow gap to create a story in.

Good points.

I just go back to the clip of Rudiger, yesterday, merrily involved in ball-based training with the group... and possibly a whisper coming out of Switzerland that the ban may be reduced to this window... and someone offers you money for David Luiz... stranger things happen.

Going to miss it when he pings a fifty yard up field pass and Glen Hoddle commentating chimes in with the old ''Quarter back pass '' line.....Happened every time....:)