• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Holymoly   
48 minutes ago, Dingus said:

He's left before and we did alright and we'll be ok now he's leaving again. No biggie.

What we might miss is his range of passing though as Zouma has trouble not kicking himself in the arse when he tries to pass the ball.

BlueFizz   
1 minute ago, Holymoly said:

What we might miss is his range of passing though as Zouma has trouble not kicking himself in the arse when he tries to pass the ball.

Ross Barkley is the new David Luiz. That ball to Pusilic pre-season!

Holymoly   
Just now, BlueFizz said:

Ross Barkley is the new David Luiz. That ball to Pusilic pre-season!

Dear old Kurt still has to achieve that 5 yd pass to Ross first though ;-)

BlueFizz   
1 minute ago, Holymoly said:

Dear old Kurt still has to achieve that 5 yd pass to Ross first though ;-)

Kurt is fine.

Just needs to get his eye in.

He was trained in that Desailly way of addressing the ball with great certainty, the foot at a 90 degree angle outwards from the body.

Take a look at some Desailly clips if you doubt me.

Edited by BlueFizz

11 hours ago, JaneB said:

Ah ok thanks for that Pete.

One of the joys of coming on here is to be patronised by you ūüôĄ

Nothing patronising about it. Just observation of something you do all the time. You just lose it and go into an emotional hysteria over nothing.

in this case we appear to have a situation in which there might have been a fall- out following the defensive shambles in our last 2 pre-season games. This latest episode suggests to me that Luiz probably came in for criticism as a consequence and perhaps reacted against that criticism. 

So then we have our new manager who, after some deliberation no doubt, decided that he had to make a show of authority to demonstrate that he's the man in charge. That's fair enough for me.

Luiz, taking umbrage, then says he wants out and his agent sorts him a deal to Arsenal. And then you go into hysterics about it and question what Luiz is thinking of and what Chelsea thinking of in settling for a comparatively low fee. Well I think it's a misplaced overreaction.

You've always been a fan of Luiz, so have I, particularly for his character. Well then, look at the situation from his point of view. It seems to have been made clear to him that he was going to have to know his place and probably play second fiddle to others in Frank's mind. So, given that he's 32 he decides that he wants to continue playing at the highest level for as long as possible and, furthermore, ideally stay in London. So the Arsenal offer would suit him surely.

Meanwhile, from the club's POV, they have a somewhat destabilised ship and the manager certainly doesn't need that as he embarks on his First PL season in charge with an away fixture at OT no less. So it's a welcome exit strategy for the club too and the ‚Äúlow fee‚ÄĚ is acceptable because it enables a swift lancing of the boil.

Why wouldn't you wish Luiz well, given that you've always liked him and why wouldn't you readily understand the club's attitude given this point in Chelsea's history. Yes, why not do that, instead of overreacting hysterically and throwing your toys out of the pram?

I repeat, it's a sport and in sports players have their career and then move on to be replaced by others when it's deemed necessary. One has to face up to that reality and not pretend that nothing should ever change. Yes, of course remember your favourite players, but you should also let them go and get behind those who replace them. They just might be better, who knows?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dingus said:

Ultimately, something has occurred (and whatever that is we may never officially know) during this week that Luiz has now decided he wants to leave. And if that's the case and Lampard is happy with that then we just roll on regardless.

How ironic that everyone was clambering for the youth to be played and now we're having to rely on them to start the season.... 

Droy, in light of this I have bumped down my prediction for Sunday to a respectable 2-0 win for us.

Yes a lot of people seem to think, give youth a chance! We have an amazing youth set up and Utd did it. What they are forgetting though is when Utd did it they had players like Schmichael, Keane, Irwin, Bruce and Palister to integrate them in alongside. We have Kante and thats about it. As world class as he is, he is not big personaility or leader to help when the chips are down.

4 hours ago, Dingus said:

Even though we got Cole, I thought Gallas leaving for Arsenal would hit us hard when all that happened. That turned out not to be the case. Guess I'm hoping for more of the same.

It did hit us hard. We ended up that season having to play Essien at CB as the club thought it would be a great idea to go into the season with three CB's with one of the being Kalid Boulahrouz. That move was a large reason are season unravelled. 

4 hours ago, BlueFizz said:

I think I'd want more than £8 million for Luiz, even at 32.

One factor that may be influencing this deal, if this deal even exists, is Rudiger's possible return ahead of schedule. Clips of him in 'contact' training with the squad on the 5th Stand app. He may be coming back sooner than expected, which would give us four CBs, a fifth if you count Azpi in an emergency.

Perhaps the word on the street is that we may get the ban reduced to one window, in which case we could strengthen at Christmas too.

£8m is a joke. We brought 3 league goals in 18 months Giroud off of them when he only had 6 months left for £18m. This transfer is up there with the most idiotic transfers the club has done. We are now going into the season with 3 CB's with an average age of 23, with one not having played a single minute of top flight football and no experienced player there to help. As for Rudi, he is apprantly still not doing any ball or contact work, so do not expect him back until Sept at the earliest. Furthermore, this is his 3rd/4th knee injury which is starting to form a pattern 

2 hours ago, The_Ghost said:

I'd say that the only irreplacable player we have in the squad is Kanté. 

Then there is a host of players that would be very unfortunate to lose now considering we can't strengthen - R√ľdiger, Azpilicueta, Kepa, Jorginho, Willian and Pedro. After that, the squad consists of young hopefuls and average players in realtion to where we want to be.¬†

Short term (until R√ľdiger is back) I'd agree we look thin. But I think people are underestimating Tomori greatly. He is 21, was Derby's player of the season last season and played for them 55 times. On top of that he's got 15 England U-21 caps.

It's not a fresh academy product who's completely green that we are talking about here. He's big and strong, comfortable on the ball and good defensively. Definitely something to build upon. Worst case we can (hopefully) also recall Ampadu if we need him.

I honestly can't see what all the fuss is about. Luiz did not have a very good season last season. Defensively he was a mess and the customary output going forward was sorely lacking. He's 32, bound to be on big wages and isn't lifting his weight. I'm actually relieved we are getting rid.

Yes. Either Zappacosta or Emerson/Alonso could leave without much issues for us. 

Azpi/James - R√ľdiger/Zouma - Christensen/Tomori - Emerson/Alonso

Next summer, depending on how the two new CBs fair, we could go all in for a star CB. 

If the worst case scenario happens we have Tomori and can (hopefully) recall Ampadu. 

Regarding the last comment, perhaps the risk is far greater if Luiz stays? 

Since when does a 6ft CB get called big and strong? I am taking it you did not actually watch Derby much last season as Tomori is not all that physical whilst at times their defending was shocking and a large reason why they nearly missed out on the play-offs. In particular their defensive shape was quite easy for the opposition teams to pull about as the CB's would leave large gaps between them. This got exposed more and more as the season went on. Furthermore, if Zouma gets injured we are going to have a 6'1" GK that is not great coming for crosses covered by 5'8" Emerson, 5'10" Dave and not that psyiscal 6'0" Tomori and waif like Christensen. Solid. 

Lastly, since when has a CL side sold their best player and their two most experience CB's and replaced them with a bunch or kids who only have experience of playing Championship level football? I tell you when, never, because it is absolutely ridiculous. I mean Amapadu even has more experience of top level football than Tomori but what did we do, we loaned him out? Why? Because as I have been banging on about the club is run by incompetents that are not proactive and just reactive. 

However, when this season goes tits up, which it will. I am sure there will be people who say that Conte must have a proxy at the club as our wonderful board would never have done such things if it were not for his total instance and acceptance of buying Giroud, Drinkwater, Zappa and Bakayoko. 

Edited by Conte Kante

11 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

Pete, just because "that's what sport's all about', doesn't mean that you can't, or shouldn't, miss your favourite players, surely? I still miss Ossie and Chopper, as well as DD,  SPL, and a host of others. Imo, that's what football is all about, and long may it continue. 

Yes, of course, it's perfectly natural to remember your old favourites. I do it too, but I accept that in the sports business, for all competitors, there comes a time when it's time, that's all and then those favourites have to be replaced. 

10 hours ago, xCELERYx said:

With some of the reactions I've seen you'd think we're selling N'Golo Kante to Arsenal for a tenner. 

Indeed.

In other, none David Luiz related, news... looks like Drinkwater is off to Burnley on loan.

Edited by Bob Singleton

BlueFizz   
5 minutes ago, Conte Kante said:

£8m is a joke. We brought 3 league goals in 18 months Giroud off of them when he only had 6 months left for £18m. This transfer is up there with the most idiotic transfers the club has done. We are now going into the season with 3 CB's with an average age of 23, with one not having played a single minute of football and no experienced player there to help. As for Rudi, he is apprantly still not doing any ball or contact work, so do not expect him back until Sept at the earliest. Furthermore, this is his 3rd/4th knee injury which is starting to form a pattern 

I agree, it would be a joke.

However, on Rudiger - he is on the official club app in a video clip headed @Chelsea on Wed: Rudiger back in training! - shown putting on a vest, doing the warmup in a group then striking the ball and doing drills involving contact. Clearly not match fit, but clearly doing ball or contact work - although it might be staged for the clip.