• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

paulw66   
9 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

In other, none David Luiz related, news... looks like Drinkwater is off to Burnley on loan.

Astonishingly, this is getting very little air time! :-)

Being reported we have accepted a €4.5m bid for Omereu, surely he would be a better CB4 option to have around at those figures, and allowing Tomori to go out on loan. Makes sense all round. We also agreed a €6.8m buyout as part of the loan last season so not looking like the best bit of business.

paulw66   
5 minutes ago, Lump Of Celery said:

Being reported we have accepted a €4.5m bid for Omereu, surely he would be a better CB4 option to have around at those figures, and allowing Tomori to go out on loan. Makes sense all round. We also agreed a €6.8m buyout as part of the loan last season so not looking like the best bit of business.

He's already publically stated he wants to stay there (Leganes) and not return. Don't blame him 

paulw66   
2 hours ago, Holymoly said:

I think his point was that they are LITERALLY irreplaceable. In other words we have no way of being able to replace them until next year.

Not entirely true. The gaps in the squad have largely been filled by the loan army, eg players that weren't with us last season.

Morata/Higuain have been replaced by Abraham and Batshuyai

Cahill / Luiz have been replaced by Zouma and Tamori*

Hazard has been "replaced" by Pulisic and Mount

Perhaps Zappa will be replaced by Reece James, time will tell. 

*I am fairly certain if this Luiz business hadn't flared up Tamori would be out on loan somwhere.

37 minutes ago, Conte Kante said:

Lastly, since when has a CL side sold their best player and their two most experience CB's and replaced them with a bunch or kids who only have experience of playing Championship level football? I tell you when, never, because it is absolutely ridiculous. I mean Amapadu even has more experience of top level football than Tomori but what did we do, we loaned him out? Why? Because as I have been banging on about the club is run by incompetents that are not proactive and just reactive. 

However, when this season goes tits up, which it will. I am sure there will be people who say that Conte must have a proxy at the club as our wonderful board would never have done such things if it were not for his total instance and acceptance of buying Giroud, Drinkwater, Zappa and Bakayoko. 

Bold part 1: How is it reactive to plan for the long-term future of one of our biggest talents? Ampadu needs games, not to sit in the stands as our CB4. 

Bold part 2: We still suffer from this butchering of the squad. How he managed to tear down what José built up in 12 months is beyond me. Takes some incompetent petulant man-child to be able to achieve that. 

2 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

He's already publically stated he wants to stay there (Leganes) and not return. Don't blame him 

Omeruo is nowhere near good enough to be in our squad. The fee is a good reflection of that. Leganes is probably his level and I don't see him playing at a (much) higher level than that in his career. 

44 minutes ago, BlueFizz said:

Kurt is fine.

Just needs to get his eye in.

He was trained in that Desailly way of addressing the ball with great certainty, the foot at a 90 degree angle outwards from the body.

Take a look at some Desailly clips if you doubt me.

I agree, his supposed lack of passing  is massively overstated, he looks very awkward but is nowhere near as bad some make out, sure he's no David Luiz but not many are. I dont think he will cause us any problems whatsoever with his passing, if he's good enough is a different matter although if I remember rightly before he done his ACL he looked very promising.

paulw66   
1 minute ago, Martin1905 said:

I agree, his supposed lack of passing  is massively overstated, he looks very awkward but is nowhere near as bad some make out, sure he's no David Luiz but not many are. I dont think he will cause us any problems whatsoever with his passing, if he's good enough is a different matter although if I remember rightly before he done his ACL he looked very promising.

Agreed. He may look clumsy next to Luiz, but just about every centre back in the world does! If we are expecting all our future centre backs to be as good on the ball as Luiz, we are in for some serious dissapointment. 

BlueFizz   
4 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Agreed. He may look clumsy next to Luiz, but just about every centre back in the world does! If we are expecting all our future centre backs to be as good on the ball as Luiz, we are in for some serious dissapointment. 

8 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

There is a good clip of Jose going around - I googled Mourinho on Lampard - in it, after saying how much he loved Frank, he talks about how Chelsea are in a unique position with the ban: specifically mentions that we couldn't buy a better CB than Zouma if there was no ban. Also very complimentary about Abraham.

11 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

Bold part 1: How is it reactive to plan for the long-term future of one of our biggest talents? Ampadu needs games, not to sit in the stands as our CB4. 

Bold part 2: We still suffer from this butchering of the squad. How he managed to tear down what José built up in 12 months is beyond me. Takes some incompetent petulant man-child to be able to achieve that. 

Omeruo is nowhere near good enough to be in our squad. The fee is a good reflection of that. Leganes is probably his level and I don't see him playing at a (much) higher level than that in his career. 

What business have the club done that is proactive? Kepa a panic buy when they realised that Courtios would not sign. Green, Kova and Jorgi did not solve our key issue of lack of goals last summer. Jan, potential ban coming, what do they do? Loan a fat aging striker and buy a 20 year old who is 3rd choice at his team with a career high of 4 league goals? Amazing business, masterful indeed. Would he be CB4? He would have been CB3, he is ahead of the 'big and strong' Tomori. 

So, you really believe he was the one that scouted, targeted and insisted that those players that were brought? It has been said before, he wanted very different players to the ones served up to him unless he is some sort of schizophrenic. Lukaku>Morata, Dzeko>Giroud, Vidal>Drinkwater, Cadreva>Zappa, Sandro>Emerson. As for Bakayoko, he had club signing all over him I.e. 'young, relatively reasonable fee for a 'rated' player. 

But do not worry, this board are bound to sort the issues out once the ban is gone as they are so great I mean what can go wrong with a bunch of kids with Champo level football experience and selling both of our experienced CB's? 

paulw66   
1 minute ago, Conte Kante said:

What business have the club done that is proactive? Kepa a panic buy when they realised that Courtios would not sign. Green, Kova and Jorgi did not solve our key issue of lack of goals last summer. Jan, potential ban coming, what do they do? Loan a fat aging striker and buy a 20 year old who is 3rd choice at his team with a career high of 4 league goals? Amazing business, masterful indeed. Would he be CB4? He would have been CB3, he is ahead of the 'big and strong' Tomori. 

So, you really believe he was the one that scouted, targeted and insisted that those players that were brought? It has been said before, he wanted very different players to the ones served up to him unless he is some sort of schizophrenic. Lukaku>Morata, Dzeko>Giroud, Vidal>Drinkwater, Cadreva>Zappa, Sandro>Emerson. As for Bakayoko, he had club signing all over him I.e. 'young, relatively reasonable fee for a 'rated' player. 

But do not worry, this board are bound to sort the issues out once the ban is gone as they are so great I mean what can go wrong with a bunch of kids with Champo level football experience and selling both of our experienced CB's? 

I don't know why you keep going on about Kepa. Brilliant keeper with age on his side.