• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

30 minutes ago, hallgalley said:

Maybe it will be overturned january

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49337051

Well the damage is already done. It’s amazing how City can do what we do only worse yet we are the only ones who get punished or lambasted in the press. 

We lack balls. Plain and simple. That or we need new lawyers. 

4 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

Well the damage is already done. It’s amazing how City can do what we do only worse yet we are the only ones who get punished or lambasted in the press. 

I'm stunned over this , Yet I guess I know I shouldn't be. .  .

10 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

I've no faith in any of them , too much introspection not enough action .

No fight whatsoever every chance they get to fight they fold 

Edited by Mark Kelly

Leo91   

So not only do they get away with spending beyond their means and not adhering to FFP. They also breach rules on youngster signings and avoid bans. Why do we bother with this sport.

bONes   

To be devils advocate: they only had 2 and us 29 signed unlawfully

6 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

I've no faith in any of them , too much introspection not enough action .

No fight whatsoever every chance they get to fight they fold 

1 hour ago, bONes said:

To be devils advocate: they only had 2 and us 29 signed unlawfully

Fair comments. The boards handling has been very very poor. This ban was hanging over us since the early stages of 2018/19 and further to this FIFA were making it clear that they were going to change their rules about bans and we saw with the three top Spanish teams that a ban in some shape would be implemented. Furthermore, it was crystal clear from the early part of last season that Hazard was off, that he was responsible for the vast majority of offensive output and that we still had serious holes in the squad. Consequently, the club had to act in some shape or form, by either a) Buy in Jan to get multiple players in for the Summer or b) Ensure that the the ban was not implimented for the Summer so that we could buy then; this meant pursuing CAS to absolve us of the ban whilst we appeal like they did with all three of the Spainish clubs. That they did not do either is in my book a dereliction of duty.

Some people might say that if we did attempt CAS to push it back it would have left us with a three window ban. However, that would have left us with a Jan 20-Jan 21 ban which would have pretty much put us in the same situation. Jan is difficult to get top players in, and when top deals are done then a lot of the time you either have to grossly overpay to get them in then or you have to sign in a view to the player coming in Summer.

From the outside looking in, I do not see the club as shying away from litigation, see Conte's £9m for example, which looked like a certain loss from the outset. Therefore, I do not think that they avoided pushing CAS due to them being scared/worried about that. My best guess is that they either thought that the going with the loan army/young boys was a good idea and/or they potentially see that some sort of payout for having to serve the ban this Summer after appealing to FIFA twice and doubly so if the threat of a three window ban has been inferred/mentioned (I am not sure if there is any truth/proof to this.) The latter is something I am not sure on as there is zero evidence for it. As a result, it has to be presumed the former is what they solely decided upon. That for me is lunacy but appreciate that some people like the idea. At this point I just want to clarify my personal dislike of the loan army/young boys is that it has not been tired before with a club of our size in the modern ear as when Man Utd and Barca did it, they still had squads packed full of very experienced heads and strong personalities to help the young players on the pitch.

Going back to Man City, as you say the number was a lot smaller which I think is a very important point. A futher point may be that FIFA/UEFA also want to get Man City banned for FFP and they are focusing their attention on that and do not want to provide them with any leash on other counts that could help them on the FFP charge. 

Edited by Conte Kante

xCELERYx   
1 hour ago, Conte Kante said:

Going back to Man City, as you say the number was a lot smaller which I think is a very important point. A futher point may be that FIFA/UEFA also want to get Man City banned for FFP and they are focusing their attention on that and do not want to provide them with any leash on other counts that could help them on the FFP charge. 

I think it largely boils down to the fact we breached the rules to sign 29 players, despite having been previously warned and . Man City broke these rules to sign 2 players and pleaded guilty. We were also guilty of another rule with regards to paying Traroe's mum to get first refusal, along with the other stuff that went into that. 

Overall, I don't think there's really much to complain about. 

1 minute ago, xCELERYx said:

Nothing at all, as far as I can tell. We knowingly broke the rules, and now we pay the price. I know that some here feel we've been hard done by, but i just can't see that we have. Difficult time for SFL to take over, but that's about it.

20 minutes ago, xCELERYx said:

I think it largely boils down to the fact we breached the rules to sign 29 players, despite having been previously warned and . Man City broke these rules to sign 2 players and pleaded guilty. We were also guilty of another rule with regards to paying Traroe's mum to get first refusal, along with the other stuff that went into that. 

Yeah, I agree. My other point was caveated. Tbh, I reckon they will also get off with the FFP owing to EU law.