• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

22 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

Nainggolan, Dzeko and Candreva all on the old side but still expensive with little to no re-sale value..

The alternatives Drinkwater, Giroud and Zappa also have little resale value. Two of them also have barely kicked a ball. We would be no worse off financially. As I said before, the contribution of the better players would probably have lead to increased revenues offsetting the marginal increase in transfer cost. 

33 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

It’s a long time since the club made such purchases

And it bit them on the backside on this occasion

29 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

Now it seems you’re just taking press speculation as gospel

Every single name being discussed was put forward by yourself, same with the figures. I haven't mentioned any media speculation.

31 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

You seem to think that the player transfer market is like a super market, just walk in and take what you want.

No I don't, but IMO some of those players were very attainable for a little more money - the fee/wages spent on any one of Zappa, Drinkwater, Barkley (all pointless signings) would have got them ie at no extra cost to what we actually spent. You started by saying all the players we were in for turned out to be terrible which just wasn't true so I called it out, now you've changed tack defending the board for not being able to sign them

46 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

your incessant whining

It was actaully you who brought it up but happy to end the convo. 

Davide Zappacosta: Chelsea defender set to join Roma

Chelsea right-back Davide Zappacosta is set to join Roma on a season-long loan.

The 27-year-old Italy international arrived in Rome on Tuesday to complete the deal.

Zappacosta joined Chelsea from Torino on a four-year deal for £23m in 2017.

But after 22 appearances in the Premier League in his first season he only played four times in 2018-19. He has not made an appearance for Chelsea this season.

Fellow defenders David Luiz and Gary Cahill have already left Stamford Bridge this summer.

7 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

Davide Zappacosta: Chelsea defender set to join Roma

Chelsea right-back Davide Zappacosta is set to join Roma on a season-long loan.

The 27-year-old Italy international arrived in Rome on Tuesday to complete the deal.

Zappacosta joined Chelsea from Torino on a four-year deal for £23m in 2017.

But after 22 appearances in the Premier League in his first season he only played four times in 2018-19. He has not made an appearance for Chelsea this season.

Fellow defenders David Luiz and Gary Cahill have already left Stamford Bridge this summer.

Decent player, but probably just below our level. I think he'll do well at Roma.

10 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

At least opens the door slightly for Reece James? 

I think Azpi is doing that all by himself.  Still not the first time his pace has gone, maybe it will return again.

12 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

At least opens the door slightly for Reece James? 

Maybe Tomori too. A lot of people forget he played quite a bit at RB during his development years. 

18 hours ago, Lump Of Celery said:

The alternatives Drinkwater, Giroud and Zappa also have little resale value. Two of them also have barely kicked a ball. We would be no worse off financially. As I said before, the contribution of the better players would probably have lead to increased revenues offsetting the marginal increase in transfer cost. 

And it bit them on the backside on this occasion

Every single name being discussed was put forward by yourself, same with the figures. I haven't mentioned any media speculation.

No I don't, but IMO some of those players were very attainable for a little more money - the fee/wages spent on any one of Zappa, Drinkwater, Barkley (all pointless signings) would have got them ie at no extra cost to what we actually spent. You started by saying all the players we were in for turned out to be terrible which just wasn't true so I called it out, now you've changed tack defending the board for not being able to sign them

It was actaully you who brought it up but happy to end the convo. 

So no real answer to how the club shafted Conte then? Gotcha. 

Ham   

I pray for the day Conte makes a specific statement in his autobiography so that we can finally put this otherwise unverifiable argument to bed.

13 minutes ago, Ham said:

I pray for the day Conte makes a specific statement in his autobiography so that we can finally put this otherwise unverifiable argument to bed.

:)  Trebly witty - Conte won't write his own autobiog, and no manager denies that he hires and fires his team except as a joke (least of all a ghost writer).  And then given the Italian content of both the players he wanted and the players he actually bought, the story has been verified and put to bed already.

I long for the window where who we might buy is actually more interesting than who we might get rid off.  Plenty more to go for a year or two yet.

Edited by Droy was my hero

Ham   
4 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

And then given the Italian content of both the players he wanted and the players he actually bought, the story has been verified and put to bed already.

....and so it all begins again.  Confusing your opinion with fact.