• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

4 hours ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

Sancho and Maddison would be two great additions to the squad. Willian and Pedro look as though they may be gone at the end of the season and Sancho, Hudson-Odoi, Maddison, Mount,  and Pulisic would be a great group to choose from to play in the advanced positions.

I think Maddison may be a little too similar to Mount and the serious money that he would cost would be better used elsewhere. I mean in a 433 or 4231 I do not see how you could get Mount, CHO, Maddison and Sancho into it. That is also before you start thinking of RLC.

When it comes to the midfield areas I think we really need 1xAM and 1XDM/CM. A second AM for me will depend on Willian who I can see getting another year as seems to have a big fan in SFL, while we need a CB, CM, AM and possibly a RB before a AM2. That will be serious dollar and I cannot see us doing it all in one/two windows.

1 hour ago, King Kante said:

That is also before you start thinking of RLC.

Does anyone still think RLC is in the same class as Maddison or Mount?  Assuming full fitness.

Rob B   
1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

Does anyone still think RLC is in the same class as Maddison or Mount?  Assuming full fitness.

No, I think he’s better than both. 

Edited by Rob B

2 hours ago, Rob B said:

No, I think he’s better than both. 

I reckon he can be as well. But, right now, you would have to say that both Maddison and Mount have been better. 

That being said, yeah Loftus-Cheek can hit the very top.. Looked at him at Palace and he drifted in and out of games but he had started to find his feet last year under Sarri... Let's hope the injury hasn't changed much in terms of his game.

9 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Willian and Pedro are gone just as soon as we want to challenge for titles again.  As are Barkley, Zouma, Giroud, Caballero, Bats, about 4 or 5 former full squad members currently on loan and possibly Azpi, Alonso, RLC and Christensen.   It really is an Augean Stables challenge as big as  JM managed in his first 4 windows(approx 21 former squad members).  Quite impressed with how SFL& club managed window 1.

But a title challenging squad might take a year or two to get ready.  Much more than 2 players are required.

Well, we will have to see what happens this year first.

Noone really expected the youngsters to fit in this well and you would have to say that if we complete this year strongly then it would be remarkable to think that we got 6 first teamers (Abraham, Mount, CHO, Tomori, James and Loftus-Cheek) straight from the academy to jump-start our rebuilding phase...

6 viable squad members equate to about 2 good transfer windows and that would be really amazing. 

3 world-class players over January (if allowed to buy) and the summer window (very doable) and I'd say we could think about a title push again if the youngsters remain consistent...

I think the key has to be to supplement the youth unlike what Wenger did in 2007 to 2011.

You add 3 players of the class of Allisson, Van Dijk and Mane to this team and that's a pretty good first 11 with a good bench as well IMO... Title challengers maybe - assuming the youngsters remain consistent I mean.

5 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

I am starting to lean towards no, but that is because I think RLC will never be consistent enough. From a skill set prespective he should be better. 

However, my principal point was that we really only need one of Maddison or Sancho if we were to get either and the reason for that is it would be impossible for us to keep CHO, Mount, Sancho, RLC and Maddison all happy as they would be competing for 3 places, No.7, No.8 and No.11. Arguements can be made that Maddison will be a better player than some/all of those listed but I doubt the club will sell any of the players currently here, Sancho is probably more of the type of player we need more (No7/No.11) if we stick to 433 and cannot see us being drawn into a bidding war of £75m+ for Maddison when we need players elsewhere. 

chelboy   

Should not go anywhere near Maddison or  Chilwell. Both are going to be massively overpriced. That is what I don’t like about buying PL players. Such silly prices. I don’t think we need Maddison . Could get LB’s the same as Chilwell for half the price in different leagues. Same with Maguire too. Hope we stay away from Rice as I think Ampudu will be a much better player than him in the future. Sancho is a player we should be keeping tabs on. In the next 2-4 years he should be playing for us. I can’t really tell the type of players Frank would go for but I hope most of them are abroad. 

I could see us moving for Zaha if we are allowed in Jan. Zaha is a 50/50 the price would be lowered next market but I am not sure about his quality. He is better than Pedro and Bats right now. £30M plus Bats is not a bad deal. Good thing about Zaha is he can play ST and winger. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chelboy said:

Hope we stay away from Rice as I think Ampudu will be a much better player than him in the future.

Agree.

14 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Assuming full fitness, yes.

1 hour ago, McCreadie said:

Assuming full fitness, yes.

Agreed. 

RLC is the one with the highest ceiling out of all of our academy prospects. Whether he fulfills his potential is another thing, but I haven't given up on him.