• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

chara   

Kante has not really featured so far this season.In and out with what appear to be niggling injuries. IF and a big IF these injuries are the beginning of an injury spiral with something more serious underlying then Chelsea surely would be looking at getting the best return for an asset they can. I seem to remember him picking up a longish injury at Leicester but I may be misremembering.

Hope I am waaay wrong on this as I too love the guy and a fit Kante makes Chelsea a different proposition for other teams.

I hope, again,we are not looking at another Essian type story.

Sorry to be so pessimistic but I think maybe I am voicing thoughts that others are sort of shying away from.I'm a half full type of guy but life does teach some harsh lessons.

Talk of other players needed is fine but Kante is one of those once in a lifetime type players and is not easily replaced.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chara said:

I seem to remember him picking up a longish injury at Leicester but I may be misremembering.

I don't think so.  The new kid was sub for the first 3 PL games, and then started 34 of the remaining 35.

I think it is a lot to do with the type of injury - hamstrings can I gather be really tricky to get over, you never know when they are healed.  And I doubt Kante would ever err on the side of caution.

chara   
20 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

I don't think so.  The new kid was sub for the first 3 PL games, and then started 34 of the remaining 35.

I think it is a lot to do with the type of injury - hamstrings can I gather be really tricky to get over, you never know when they are healed.  And I doubt Kante would ever err on the side of caution.

Thanks Droy...just remember a game when pundits talked about Kante's importance and I must have misremembered them talking about his absence.

Comes of getting on in years..why I even think Chelsea were European Champions..must be addled memory!

Seriously seems he is often getting tweaky injuries with France..I mentioned change of training routines..any thoughts?

8 hours ago, chara said:

Thanks Droy...just remember a game when pundits talked about Kante's importance and I must have misremembered them talking about his absence.

Comes of getting on in years..why I even think Chelsea were European Champions..must be addled memory!

Seriously seems he is often getting tweaky injuries with France..I mentioned change of training routines..any thoughts?

Think its just a matter of him getting an extended rest to let the muscle heal properly.

I remember Frank picked up a hamstring injury I think it was 2007 and Ballack really stepped up but Frank IIRC stayed out maybe 7 weeks... I think it is the same with Kante in the sense he needs to give this group of muscles about 8 full weeks to properly heal. 

The problem with Kante is that he is so hugely important that nobody is going to really give him that chance. Its always a matter of judgement calls on early returns.

I said it before and I agree with the recent posts, Kante needs proper rest, he needs to let his injuries heal properly, otherwise, he'll be in and out all season and that won't be good for anyone. Short term pain for longer-term gain.

It's not easy to do because of Kante's work ethis but also his importance to the team. A 75% fit is better than anyone else in his role and that's the problem.

We have some really tricky matches coming up. You would hope we can do without kante this Saturday. Ideally, you would want him for Ajax game and Burnley away game.

I would be tempted to put him in easy list for the rest of the month and target Watford away for his return. They have a very powerful midfield and it’s a match we need him for and it gives him 3 weeks just ticking over allowing him to recover.

13 hours ago, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

We have some really tricky matches coming up. You would hope we can do without kante this Saturday. Ideally, you would want him for Ajax game and Burnley away game.

I would be tempted to put him in easy list for the rest of the month and target Watford away for his return. They have a very powerful midfield and it’s a match we need him for and it gives him 3 weeks just ticking over allowing him to recover.

Well we do not know what kind of injury ge picked up. He could have just felt a twinge and thought sod that. If that is the case I expect him back for the weekend after next at the latest. However, he will be very important if he can play against Ajax as Van de Beek needs close monitoring because if he is not tracked he can be a nightmare. 

Going back to CF's, Belotti this season is again looking like the player that people thought he could be 2 seasons ago. Looks like he is finally getting over his bad injury. One to keep an eye on for sure.